Tiger and his OB Shot

gmac17

So tiger wins in a playoff, and it turns out it is largely because he got a huge break with his ball over the clubhouse that wasn't OB.

Do you think they would have stopped play for 45 minutes if KJ Choi lost his ball over the clubhouse? And if tiger was in the group behind KJ in that situation, I bet he throws a fit.

Basically i think if any other player in the field hit the same exact shots as tiger this week they wouldn't have won.

And you would be wrong. But go ahead and continue your hate for the best player in the game by far. Also, it was 20 minutes, and that was because they knew where the ball was. Part was trying to get a rules interpretation on whether the ball was OB. BTW it wasn't. Also, it was a free drop because the grandstand is temporary. Finally they had several eye witnesses to the ball being picked up by the kitchen staff when it went over.

...not to mention this happened on FRIDAY. Besides, they let the group behind them play through rather than waiting.

This isn't baseball or football where the refs have a direct impact on the game and consistantly give preferential treatment to stars or big name teams. The guy played as badly as I've seen him on the front 9 Saturday and still comes back to win the tournament. Amazing.

And you would be wrong. But go ahead and continue your hate for the best player in the game by far

Settle down Beavis, as far as I remember this is the first time i've ever posted about golf on TBD.

I didn't know the let the other group play through, but I do know that both highlights I saw said it was "nearly an hour later" that tiger played his next shot.

...not to mention this happened on FRIDAY.  Besides, they let the group behind them play through rather than waiting.

This isn't baseball or football where the refs have a direct impact on the game and consistantly give preferential treatment to stars or big name teams.  The guy played as badly as I've seen him on the front 9 Saturday and still comes back to win the tournament.  Amazing.

753474[/snapback]

I think Tiger Woods is one of the greatest athletes in history in terms of his mental edge. Psychologically he's just incredible....I think there are lots of examples of athletes who were mentally tough, and from all sorts of different sports, but in my opinion Tiger takes a back seat to nobody.

And you would be wrong.  But go ahead and continue your hate for the best player in the game by far.  Also, it was 20 minutes, and that was because they knew where the ball was.  Part was trying to get a rules interpretation on whether the ball was OB.  BTW it wasn't.  Also, it  was a free drop because the grandstand  is temporary.  Finally they had several eye witnesses to the ball being picked up by the kitchen staff when it went over.

753441[/snapback]

So does Tiger use a towel after you wash his balls or do you blow-dry them? :devil:

I think Tiger Woods is one of the greatest athletes in history in terms of his mental edge. Psychologically he's just incredible....I think there are lots of examples of athletes who were mentally tough, and from all sorts of different sports, but in my opinion Tiger takes a back seat to nobody.

753531[/snapback]

The only athlete I have ever seen who possessed the mental edge that fuels Tiger, was MJ.

These are guys who have minds built for competition. When the stakes get highest, it's like they have an extra gear up there.

So tiger wins in a playoff, and it turns out it is largely because he got a huge break with his ball over the clubhouse that wasn't OB. 

Do you think they would have stopped play for 45 minutes if KJ Choi lost his ball over the clubhouse? And if tiger was in the group behind KJ in that situation, I bet he throws a fit.

Basically i think if any other player in the field hit the same exact shots as tiger this week they wouldn't have won.

753431[/snapback]

Merriam/Webster could take your post and put it in the dictionary next to several terms:

"sour grapes"

"envy"

"racism?"

Tiger is the best golfer of his generation, and works damn hard for everything he is "handed." We should all be sitting back and marveling at what we are witnessing, because for generations to come everyone will be comparing the next "hotshot" golfer to Tiger Woods.

Merriam/Webster could take your post and put it in the dictionary next to several terms:

"sour grapes"

"envy"

"racism?"

Tiger is the best golfer of his generation, and works damn hard for everything he is "handed."

Who are you people? I make my first comment ever about golf on TBD and I'm getting accused of sour grapes, envy and racism? It's pretty pathetic that it has gotten to the point where you can't even make a comment about someone without getting labeled as a possible racist (actually I am a racist, I have a real problem with cablanasians :devil: ).

If you honestly think that KJ Choi's lost ball would have gotten the same treatment and urgency from the rules committee I disagree with you.

I never said a thing about tiger not being an incredible golfer, and I never used the term "handed". I made a simple observation - one that many other people have made this weekend - and suddenly tiger's slobbering fan club comes out of the woodwork to assault me...geez, I wonder what would happen if I called Phil "fake".

Settle down Beavis, as far as I remember this is the first time i've ever posted about golf on TBD.

I didn't know the let the other group play through, but I do know that both highlights I saw said it was "nearly an hour later" that tiger played his next shot.

753514[/snapback]

Are you the one of the off-the-wall Tiger haters who posts on Golfchannel.com? Because your whine reads exactly the same as those idiot/haters.

"sour grapes"

"envy"

"racism?"

Tiger is the best golfer of his generation, and works damn hard for everything he is "handed."  We should all be sitting back and marveling at what we are witnessing, because for generations to come everyone will be comparing the next "hotshot" golfer to Tiger Woods.

753569[/snapback]

I agree completely with the 2nd half of your post. Pay attention ladies and gents, because we are experiencing history in the making. Someday your grandkids will ask you "did you really see tiger play?" haha ...

Are you the one of the off-the-wall Tiger haters who posts on Golfchannel.com? Because your whine reads exactly the same as those idiot/haters.

it's pathetic enough that I have 2,000 posts here, I certainly don't spend any time on a golf message board.

I have never seen so much knob slobbering in all my life, this is fascinating.

Tiger Woods is black?

Yes, he was drafted as black in the 2004 racial draft as seen on Chappelle's Show. Wu Tang Clan went to the Asians.

:devil:

753431[/snapback]

Sure i dont like seeing tiger win all the time, and i am a mickelson fan, but the ruling was correct. The clubhouse wasnt OB, and they said there really isnt ANY OB on the entire course.

Also, did i miss the officials drop the ball on the green on his 3rd shot with a PW? Because i saw him make an amazing shot after taking his drop. He caught a bit of luck that the ball wasnt OB, but then capitalized on it with the great 3rd shot.

They did go above and beyond for Tiger, my buddy is a PGA teaching pro and he said the time limit is 5 minutes to recover a ball whose whereabouts are unknown

753896[/snapback]

It didn't take them that long to find the ball, it took the most time to get the actual ruling. Get over it. Tiger's, bar none, the best golfer right now and probably ever. He will smash all the records on his way to winning probably 20-25 majors and 100 tournaments.

Get over it. Tiger's, bar none, the best golfer right now and probably ever.

nobody is arguing that - you have to be an idiot to say tiger isn't the best by a longshot. All we are saying is that like Shaq getting all the calls, Tiger also got the benefit in this situation. No way does Shiv Kapur get the same attention and same ruling...

It didn't take them that long to find the ball, it took the most time to get the actual ruling. Get over it. Tiger's, bar none, the best golfer right now and probably ever. He will smash all the records on his way to winning probably 20-25 majors and 100 tournaments.

753898[/snapback]

Never said he wasn't far and away the most impressive and dominating golfer of our generation, prob ever. Just saying that I agree with the original post that his status bought him some leeway.

Never said he wasn't far and away the most impressive and dominating golfer of our generation, prob ever.  Just saying that I agree with the original post that his status bought him some leeway.

753925[/snapback]

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. The majority of the confusion came from the fact that there was no OB. At any rate, just like in any sport, the premier players get the calls. That's the way it is. Whether or not the ruling took 5 minutes or an hour, it was the right call so ultimately Tiger had no advantage from it and still needed an incredible third shot just to save bogey.

it's pathetic enough that I have 2,000 posts here, I certainly don't spend any time on a golf message board.

I have never seen so much knob slobbering in all my life, this is fascinating.

753863[/snapback]

You have 2000 posts here and can honestly say you've never seen so much knob slobbering in all your life? Apparently you can type, but can't read. :devil:

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. The majority of the confusion came from the fact that there was no OB. At any rate, just like in any sport, the premier players get the calls. That's the way it is. Whether or not the ruling took 5 minutes or an hour, it was the right call so ultimately Tiger had no advantage from it and still needed an incredible third shot just to save bogey.

753931[/snapback]

Actually it's a disadvantage, as he and the folks he was teamed with now have a long time of sitting, getting stiff and pretty much staying out there doing little. Like any sport it's tough to let your muscles cool down.

"sour grapes"

"envy"

"racism?"

Tiger is the best golfer of his generation, and works damn hard for everything he is "handed."  We should all be sitting back and marveling at what we are witnessing, because for generations to come everyone will be comparing the next "hotshot" golfer to Tiger Woods.

753569[/snapback]

Please explain to me how you got "racism" from his post? I guess if you are white you can never say anything bad about someone who is black? Brilliant!