Josh Reed - Has he done anything this preseason?

firstngoal

What has Andre Davis done to secure a spot?

Evans

Price

Reed

Parish

Aiken

Wilson

Nance on the ps

will be the receivers.

Mark it. :devil:

753199[/snapback]

Nance has done less than every other receiver on our roster this preseason (3 games, 0 catches, 5th string). I'm not so sure he even makes the ps. Wilson is still eligible for ps, so maybe he goes there?

Also, I wouldn't give up on Davis or Smith just yet. Both have shown a lot on special teams.

Nance has done less than every other receiver on our roster this preseason (3 games, 0 catches, 5th string). I'm not so sure he even makes the ps. Wilson is still eligible for ps, so maybe he goes there?

Also, I wouldn't give up on Davis or Smith just yet. Both have shown a lot on special teams.

753212[/snapback]

Yes, another option is Fast Freddie who has shown good things when given the time. Wilson to the PS.

My gut tells me Davis has bust written all over him.

I'll stand up for my man Wilson. This guy is more than Dennis the Menace's grumpy neighbor. Wilson, on 2 catches last night, was #1 in receptions (wilson 71, evans 70). He's missed 2 out of a gazillion balls in camp (one of which was bounced to him by KH). What does a guy have to do to get on this roster over Aiken, whose thrown to/caught ratio must be 50:50? Put Nance on the PS.

I'll stand up for my man Wilson. This guy is more than Dennis the Menace's grumpy neighbor. Wilson, on 2 catches last night, was #1 in receptions (wilson 71, evans 70). He's missed 2 out of a gazillion balls in camp (one of which was bounced to him by KH). What does a guy have to do to get on this roster over Aiken, whose thrown to/caught ratio must be 50:50? Put Nance on the PS.

753231[/snapback]

What has Nance done in camp to deserve a PS spot?

Also, aside from last night, Aiken has been excellent in preseason...enough to make second string.

About Wilson, no one doubts that he can catch the ball. But what about getting open? Can he get open against starting DB's? Or can he just get open against camp fodder? That might be the reason why so far he hasn't broken into the top ranks of the Bills WR competition.

Aiken,whose thrown to/caught ratio must be 50:50

If that truly is the case, the guys better than Jerry Rice ever was.

A 50:50 ratio would mean that EVERY time you throw to him, it's a completion. (It would be more appropriately be shown as 1:1.) I think what you meant was 2:1, i.e. 50%, which is probably not too bad considering that a decent QB will only complete like 60% which also comprises a certain percentage of throw aways and likely is also padded by high %age passes such as dump-offs.

About Wilson, no one doubts that he can catch the ball. But what about getting open? Can he get open against starting DB's? Or can he just get open against camp fodder? That might be the reason why so far he hasn't broken into the top ranks of the Bills WR competition.

753248[/snapback]

George "Choo Choo" Wilson?

753212[/snapback]

I agree with the feelings on Nance, instead I'd put Chris Denney on the PS.

In terms of Wilson, if we keep 6 WRs he definately should be #6 but don't think he's eligible for the PS as he was on the Lions' practice squad in 2004. Plus he was with us last year meaning he's been in the league two seasons and think players that have been in the league less than two years are PS eligible.

In terms of my top 5 WRs, I'm sticking to my original thoughts of Evans, Price, Parrish, Davis and Aiken although I could see Reed sticking around tto. As it appears JP has some trust in him on 3rd downs and could see him replace Davis. Yet think Davis brings more to the table in terms of ST then Reed.

Why is Parrish a lock? A guy that couldn't dominant in college with his tiny size, is now expected to do exactly what in the NFL? Maybe it's time to cut ties with some of these past draft decisions and start fielding a full size NFL roster.

Why is Parrish a lock?  A guy that couldn't dominant in college with his tiny size, is now expected to do exactly what in the NFL?  Maybe it's time to cut ties with some of these past draft decisions and start fielding a full size NFL roster.

753462[/snapback]

I guess you haven't been following camp, or even the games too closely with respect to Parrish. He is likely going to see as much 3rd WR time as anyone else. He has been running precise routes and has been explosive in space out of the slot. Shows pretty good hands too. He's a lock. I'll say it too.

What about John McCargo? Is he still on the team? :devil:

753213[/snapback]

Yeah really, where the heck has he been?

Others argue that the DT position takes time to learn and play well at.

Then why the heck is Kyle Williams tearing sh_t up being a 5th rounder.

(he may be my new favorite younger player on this team)

I would have hoped to see something from him (McCargo) in the PS by now, maybe a few more tackle's or a a tackle for a loss or something but it seems that his play has been unnoticed, his name hasn't been mentioned in any media threads either.

What a bummer.

I guess you haven't been following camp, or even the games too closely with respect to Parrish. He is likely going to see as much 3rd WR time as anyone else. He has been running precise routes and has been explosive in space out of the slot. Shows pretty good hands too. He's a lock. I'll say it too.

753467[/snapback]

Not to mention, even though he hasn't proven it yet, he is considered an X-factor everytime he touches the bill on offense or special teams.

753467[/snapback]

Sorry, but I heard the same glowing reviews from camp last season. Remember? :devil: I agree with Scott. A "full sized roster" might actually be what the Bills need.

It probably will not matter. Do you have any reasonable expectations that the "Little Teapot" will actually last the season?

I for one do not.

Not to mention, even though he hasn't proven it yet, he is considered an X-factor everytime he touches the bill on offense or special teams.

753558[/snapback]

So, if I understand this correctly - he is the "X-factor" in the NFL, but wasn't in college?

I don't believe a word of it. What I do believe, and I have seen with my own eyes, is that in a real NFL game he gets picked up in the air and thrown to ground like a rag doll.