Josh Reed - Has he done anything this preseason?

firstngoal

In terms of Wilson, if we keep 6 WRs he definately should be #6 but don't think he's eligible for the PS as he was on the Lions' practice squad in 2004. Plus he was with us last year meaning he's been in the league two seasons and think players that have been in the league less than two years are PS eligible.

753449[/snapback]

Wilson should still be PS eligible. Remember Drew Haddad? :devil:

If that truly is the case, the guys better than Jerry Rice ever was.

A 50:50 ratio would mean that EVERY time you throw to him, it's a completion. (It would be more appropriately be shown as 1:1.)  I think what you meant was 2:1, i.e. 50%, which is probably not too bad considering  that a decent QB will only complete like 60% which also comprises a certain percentage of throw aways and likely is also padded by high %age passes such as dump-offs.

753421[/snapback]

As you point out, some of those incompletions will be the QB simply throwing the ball away. Others will be the DB or DL batting the ball down. And even good QBs make lousy throws from time to time. But when the ball is well thrown, the receiver needs to catch it. If he can't, there's no reason for him to be given a roster spot above all the other WRs we have.

So, if I understand this correctly - he is the "X-factor" in the NFL, but wasn't in college? 

I don't believe a word of it.  What I do believe, and I have seen with my own eyes, is that in a real NFL game he gets picked up in the air and thrown to ground like a rag doll.

753625[/snapback]

He does get tossed around........when people get ahold of him. I think it's only fair to give him more than just part of a rookie year before we dismiss him as incapable of producing at this level.

As for the pro v. college thing, did you know that In Dante Hall's 4 years of returning kicks and punts at Texas A&M he only scored a grand total of 2 TD's? (Parrish is #2 in Canes history behind SantanaMoss in return TD's) He also started on offense since his freshman year and only managed a grand total of of 22 catches in 4 years and a mere 8 100yrd rushing games in 4 years. Parrish didn't but up obscene numbers but he did score 10 times during his last year at Miami.

If Roscoe can stay healthy that slippery little shlt is going to make a lot of pro defenders look stupid. If he can't he's going to make me look stupid. Root for the former. :devil:

Cya

Agreed, while I think this was arguably one of Donahoe's worst draft picks, especially at a time when the team was begging for help up front (on both sides of the ball), Parish should be given a chance to make an impact, be it on special teams or as a slot receiver. He is gifted with amazing speed... after all, once upon a time, our Bills were led by a "little guy" who did fairly well.

He does get tossed around........when people get ahold of him. I think it's only fair to give him more than just part of a rookie year before we dismiss him as incapable of producing at this level.

As for the pro v. college thing, did you know that In Dante Hall's 4 years of returning kicks and punts at Texas A&M he only scored a grand total of 2 TD's? He also started on offense since his freshman year and only managed a grand total of of 22 catches in 4 years and a mere 8 100yrd rushing games in 4 years.

If Roscoe can stay healthy that slippery little shlt is going to make a lot of pro defenders look stupid. If he can't he's going to make me look stupid. Root for the former.  :devil:

Cya

753673[/snapback]

Sorry, but I heard the same glowing reviews from camp last season. Remember?  ;)  I agree with Scott. A "full sized roster" might actually be what the Bills need.

It probably will not matter. Do you have any reasonable expectations that the "Little Teapot" will actually last the season?

I for one do not.

753613[/snapback]

1- While injury concerns are valid for guys Parrish's size, breaking your wrist by landing on it wrong has nothing to do with the size of a player, but I know you enjoy the little teapot gig :devil:

2- My post was in response to whether or not Parrish is a sure thing to make the WR roster, and I believe tha he is. Plus I didn't even mention his punt return ability. I think he had the league leading average last season.