Should we take a shot at Charles Rogers

ganesh

This guy is a former 1st round pick and is 6' 3", 220lbs...May be he can be

the complimentary receiver to Lee Evans.

The guy has size similar to Moulds.

750066[/snapback]

If he can't make it in the Mike Martz pass happy offense in Detroit, he better hope he banked a lot of that signing bonus a few years ago, because his NFL career is quickly coming to an end. :devil:

If he is released, I could see it happen - I'm sure Jauron knows him as well as anyone else out there...

750068[/snapback]

That is a good point. DJ should have some insight regarding the guy and whether he is salvageable. From afar, he looks like a bust, but DJ would know more than any of us.

Doubt it.

He has been nororious for dogging practice, skipping meetings, and flat out getting hurt.

750066[/snapback]

It is an interesting notion....is there anything coming out of Detroit saying he may get the ax?

750100[/snapback]

I'm wondering the same thing. He would be a good acquisition, IMO, but the next time he fails a drug test, that is a year suspension. Besides, if he does get the ax, I don't think he would be obtained by our high character FO.

750066[/snapback]

I'd prefer not to - doesn't fit the mold of what this team is rebuilding around, which is young talent coupled with high character.

He's not even close to what Buffalo is looking for in terms of character. He's also underachieved tremendously. Is that what we want? I know his name is familiar, but if there was some guy with his characteristics that wasn't a 1st round pick would you still want him? Methinks no.

Depends on cost. Do the Bills have to pay his contract if they pick him off the waiver wire? If he clears waivers and no one else is interested, maybe he'll get the message that his attitude has to change. It would be worth taking a shot at a minimum contract.

Charles Rogers is intriguing especialy considering if the lions cut him he'll go straight to waiver wires, and the team that signs him will get him on the cheap for around 750k and only be on the hook for 1 year. In that case The reward is greater then the risk, but I dont think he'll ever live up to his pre draft hype. Mostly because he cant stay healthy. If other wideouts dont step up though I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a look. This regime if anything has showed they're willing to take out fliers on guys and give them a 2nd chance. Price/Reed/Watson. So if it could be done I dont see a problem with a little more competition at wr.