QB's likely to be cut or PS'ed by Game 1:

Astrobot

Here's a survey of NFL Depth Charts, showing you the odd man out if there are 4 QB's in their camp.

AFC

BAL---Nobody

CIN---Erik Meyer

CLE---Lang Campbell

DEN---Preston Parsons

HOU---Cody Pickett or Quinton Porter, probably Porter *

IND------Nobody

JAX------Nobody

KC----Casey Printers *

MIA---Cleo Lemon or Brock Berlin *

NE---Corey Bramlet or Todd Mortensen

NYJ---Ramsey or Bollinger * -- Clemens won't be put on PS

RAIDERS---Nobody

PGH---Shane Boyd *

SD---Nobody

TEN---Cody Hodges Texas Tech

NFC

ARI---Navarre or Davey * ---Leinart won't be put on PS

ATL---Bryan Randall (VaTech) or DJ Shockley

CAR---Nobody

CHI-Nobody

DAL--Nobody

DET--Nobody

GB---Ingle Martin (Furman) or Brian Wrobel (Winona St.)

MIN---J.T. O'Sullivan (5 yrs NFL) or Tarvaris Jackson(ALA St.) *

NO---Nobody

NYG---Jared Lorenzen, the 285 lb. lefty *

PHI---Nobody

SF---Shaun Hill (5 yrs) or Jesse Palmer (6 yrs.NFL) *

SEA---Gibran Hamdan (2 yrs. NFL)

STL--- Dave Ragone or Ryan Fitzpatrick *

TB---Gradkowski, Jared Allen or Jay Fiedler *

WAS---Nobody

The intriguing names to me are (1) Ragone-Fitzpatrick from the Rams (a similar offensive system), (2) Navarre or Davey, and (3) What the Jets do with Ramsey-Bollinger (I assume keep Ramsey and cut Bollinger). I liked the way Printers played in the KC game, and I liked Lorenzen when I saw him against 3rd string in the Giants game.

That said, we'd be giving experience away in every case by attempting to move up on the 3rd string QB ladder by going for the 4th man out of each scenario.

Although I seriously doubt he will be available, the one name on that list that I really like is Travares Jackson...he is already looking like a little Vickish, but with a much better arm...I think he will be groomed to take over for Brad Johnson.....

Although I seriously doubt he will be available, the one name on that list that I really like is Travares Jackson...he is already looking like a little Vickish, but with a much better arm...I think he will be groomed to take over for Brad Johnson.....

749480[/snapback]

What do you mean "but with a much better arm"? Vick likely has the best arm (in terms of strength) in the NFL. Now accuracy, that's another issue.

Patrick Ramsey would be worth the pickup if he's cut...he's taken a lot of hits and had his bell rung a few too many times, but he's seasoned and worth the low investment.

749492[/snapback]

I heard it first hand from an irrefutable source that Ramsey and Losman do not like each other one bit, mostly because Ramsey always thought Losman was going to take his job at Tulane.

Lorenzen will definitely make the Giants.  The battle for the roster spot is between Tim Hasselbeck and Rob Johnson-2 guys previously cut by the Bills.

749486[/snapback]

Hate to see it, but that looks like the case. I'd love the Bills to pick up Lorenzen, but looks like he's gonna beat out - surprise - Rob Johnson.

Honestly, if we are talking purely 3rd stringer....DJ Shockley. The kid has a great arm, is mobile and the game i watched him in (atl) he showed some real poise. I like what he did at Georgia with a less than stellar team. It would be nice to see if he pans out.

749480[/snapback]

Not gonna happen. Talk around town is that Jackson has already won the #2 spot. The Purple love this guy as their QBOTF.

What do you mean "but with a much better arm"?  Vick likely has the best arm (in terms of strength) in the NFL.  Now accuracy, that's another issue.

749484[/snapback]

My bad, I meant to say that at this point, Jackson is a better passer than Vick was/maybe is. In the term passer, I include strength and accuaracy....

Brooks Bollinger or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitpatrick obviously because he's familiar with fairchilds system so there wouldn't be a steep learning curve. Brooks Bollinger because Ive seen him a good # of times. He's kind of similar to losman, not the biggest guy, but he's pretty mobile with a good arm. Performed pretty decent considering the circumstances the jets were under last year. Either one of those guys would be fine by me