Little League World Series - NY IL Game

Taro T

The Staten Island team was down 1 - 0 in the bottom of the 6th with 1 out and 1 on 1st. A kid hit the ball into the outfield and the kid on 1st gets tagged out at 3rd. The kid that hit the ball made it to 2nd.

But when the kid on 3rd started to walk back to the dugout, the kid that made it to 2nd must have thought that was the 3rd out and started walking back to the dugout as well. They tagged him out near 1st.

What a lousy way to lose a ball game.

maybe they should do a "do-over" so nobodies feelings get hurt, then they can serve up a nice fat one to the kid on deck that has cancer so he can get a chance 0:):blush:

The Staten Island team was down 1 - 0 in the bottom of the 6th with 1 out and 1 on 1st.  A kid hit the ball into the outfield and the kid on 1st gets tagged out at 3rd.  The kid that hit the ball made it to 2nd.

But when the kid on 3rd started to walk back to the dugout, the kid that made it to 2nd must have thought that was the 3rd out and started walking back to the dugout as well.  They tagged him out near 1st.

What a lousy way to lose a ball game.

748039[/snapback]

maybe they should do a "do-over" so nobodies feelings get hurt, then they can serve up a nice fat one to the kid on deck that has cancer so he can get a chance :lol:  :blush:

748078[/snapback]

:)

No suggestions of the sort. Just an observation that it was a REALLY bad way to lose a game.

My money says that kid never walks off a base again. 0:)

My money says that the kid gets an atomic wedgie every day after school this year by his teammates. 0:):blush:

748087[/snapback]

Yeah, the van ride back to Staten Island should be pleasant for him. :)

Not sure if they'll make him ride on top with the luggage or underneath the van looking for potholes. Either one might be safer than riding with his teammates. :lol:

Overall, I think there is waaaay too much hype for the LLWS. Too much pressure on all these kids who think they are going to play for the Yankees. Parents out there yelling and demanding that their kid play and be number 1. Too much crap these kids have to face at such a young age that they will probably get burned out by the time they graduate HS. ESPN is turning this into a media circus. I can't stand it!!

Just let the kids play and have FUN!! Thats what it should be about. I know its just my opinion, but I think the LLWS really sucks.

I feel bad for Staten Island... :flirt::P

Lemont is just a stone's throw down the river from here... You take the win... Legitimate mental mistake. What a shame because the kid would have been in SCORING POSITION... To TIE!

Not just faulting the kid... Yet, the first base coach and maybe the third base coach (once the other runner to third was dead in the water) should take the fall too! (if they didn't remind him)...

:doh::doh:

My bad!  Strike the above post... :flirt:  :P

The kid that hit the ball was going to second, not on first already...

Even a bigger boner for him... You gotta know how many outs there is when you enter the batter's box!

748532[/snapback]

Absolutely.

But if a 10+ year veteran quarterback can forget that it's 4th down and throw the ball away, it's not terribly unimaginable that a 12 year old kid knowing that his team needs to score the "tying" runner ahead of him could forget that the play at 3rd was only the 2nd out.

Hopefully, the kid has strong character because he'll definitely need it.

Kids fault, but the coach should have called for a timeout.

I saw one of the kids intentionally walked yesterday, how'bout that. :P  :doh:

748553[/snapback]

Maybe, but it's hard to get an ump to give you a time out when your runner is 40 ft off the base and the 3rd baseman still has the baseball. :flirt:

Maybe, but it's hard to get an ump to give you a time out when your runner is 40 ft off the base and the 3rd baseman still has the baseball.   :flirt:

748560[/snapback]

First off, I didn't watch the game. First base coach or third base coach, or even the manager might have had enough time to call for it. Thats if they were paying attention. I've seen it done where the player was almost back to first on a play like that. So take your " :P " and stick it up your ass. :P:D

But like you said " Maybe " :doh::doh: