Does Jp still deserve the starting Qb job after

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no! He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!! He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something. Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do. 21 points to the other team off of his turnovers. And that's just a half.

I hope JP will be a good starting Qb but he still has a lot of things to learn.  I think he deserves the job after tonights game.

746838[/snapback]

I hope he does start another 1st half next week and then let Nall play the 3rd quarter.

I hope he does start another 1st half next week and then let Nall play the 3rd quarter.

746946[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind seeing Nall play the entire 2nd half. I've seen enough of Holcomb.

Yeah - I heard the press conference. This guy is 100% more mature than last year. One interception based on a miscommunication means little. It's not like he was fooled by the defense. He won the competition, not by default, but by hitting our #1 receiver in stride for six. He would not have bounced back like that last year. However, for fairness Nall should start next week. For rightness JP should start next week. What's that Winston Churchill said? "I'd rather be right than consistent" <_<

746946[/snapback]

He will...and maybe a little longer. The 3rd game is historically the "tuneup" game for the regular season. This will be the dress rehearsal for JP and the rest of the starters and will be the one to critique as far as performances. The final game should see the starters playing less with players on the bubble getting the majority of the playing time. In essence, this game will determine who fills out the roster.

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no!  He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!!  He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something.  Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do.  21 points to the other team off of his turnovers.  And that's just a half.

746908[/snapback]

That's my biggest problem with JP. He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away. He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea. He better learn fast!

That's my biggest problem with JP.  He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away.  He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea.  He better learn fast!

747064[/snapback]

That is a crucial error for some young quarterbacks, but it is the kind of thing he can learn. He has shown a great job of analyzing his games and acknowledging his mistakes. I don't think this is just the case of 5-second Bledsoe not finding a receiver and still looking, but instead something JP can get with more experience. Especially since he can run, he can find the balance of looking for a receiver, scrambling, or getting rid of it. I'm interested in seeing how the two fumble-sacks developed and whether it was poor decision making or just a poor grip and bad protection.

That's my biggest problem with JP.  He NEVER, EVER throws the ball away.  He just always tries to make a play and often does so for the other tea.  He better learn fast!

747064[/snapback]

It's one of the things that's most difficult for young QBs to learn. It only comes with playing. Drew Bledsoe, for the most part, still can't do it.

That is a crucial error for some young quarterbacks, but it is the kind of thing he can learn.  He has shown a great job of analyzing his games and acknowledging his mistakes.  I don't think this is just the case of 5-second Bledsoe not finding a receiver and still looking, but instead something JP can get with more experience.  Especially since he can run, he can find the balance of looking for a receiver, scrambling, or getting rid of it.  I'm interested in seeing how the two fumble-sacks developed and whether it was poor decision making or just a poor grip and bad protection.

747084[/snapback]

The one sack fumble was a result of JPL holding the ball too long (according Murph and Kazoo on air).

I would say yes. He is just finally taking the advice of the freshly departed Eric Moulds by throwing it down field and letting the receivers make a play. I see no reason as to why we should quit on a young guy like Losman who unlike his "competition" is willing to take a risk to win this job.

Guest dog14787
No!  Nall should be the starter.  He was much more poised and had better organization of the offense.  Nall has had my vote ever since we signed him.  Not go Jp, GO NALL! :(

746838[/snapback]

GO J.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

His Press confrence was refrehing, He's going to be Awesome in my opinion. :)

He should start and he will start. Jauron already pretty much said so in his press conference. He said he doesn't see a reason why he would change but will have to go back and look at the film. He will see the same things he spoke about, that JP has to hang onto the ball. That is pretty obvious. If he can't, he will be replaced quick. But that's likely the only way he is going to be replaced barring injury. He's getting better, he's looking better in the pocket, he's looking more confident, the team is behind him. He can make plays. He's the starter.

I want JP to start all 16 no matter what happens. If JP sucks it up then we draft inthe top 5 next year and draft a new future QB. If he shows improvement we end up 7-9 then we draft for another position and let JP develope.

We can't be playing this game with our QB's and he is never going to get it if he isn't in it for a full season regardless of outcome.

I want JP to start all 16 no matter what happens. If JP sucks it up then we draft inthe top 5 next year and draft a new future QB. If he shows improvement we end up 7-9 then we draft for another position and let JP develope.

We can't be playing this game with our QB's and he is never going to get it if he isn't in it for a full season regardless of outcome.

747146[/snapback]

Are there any good Qb's that are going to be free agents next year? I mean like Drew Brees good.

If he is still this bad after the 4th game then no!  He has to learn to get rid of the ball!!!  He's a young QB and needs some time, but he needs to show the Bills something.  Not turning the ball over is the biggest thing he needs to do.  21 points to the other team off of his turnovers.  And that's just a half.

746908[/snapback]

I am confused. I thought JP was responsible for 13 points off of turnovers. One from the interception and two field goals as a result of the fumbles.

Not to be an apologist, more just to make an observation, but do you think in a real game they would have called the plays they were calling, when JP had the fumbles? I mean less that two minutes and only down by four? Why not run the clock down, go in and make the adjustments, come back in the second half?

I suspect the staff was treating it like a drill to win a game in the last two minutes rather than the way you would manage the end of a half, when you are within four points. While I could be wrong, I don't recall Jauron's teams being that aggressive in the past.

I am confused. I thought JP was responsible for 13 points off of turnovers. One from the interception and two field goals as a result of the fumbles.

Not to be an apologist, more just to make an observation, but do you think in a real game they would have called the plays they were calling, when JP had the fumbles? I mean less that two minutes and only down by four? Why not run the clock down, go in and make the adjustments, come back in the second half?

I suspect the staff was treating it like a drill to win a game in the last two minutes rather than the way you would manage the end of a half, when you are within four points. While I could be wrong, I don't recall Jauron's teams being that aggressive in the past.

747171[/snapback]

Listen to the post game press conference on bills.com. Jauron addresses that very point and he clearly says, "No. This was a pre-season game so we decided to give JP a few plays in that situation. If this were a regular season game, obviously we wouldn't be doing that." I think he was only referring to the second one though.

Still, Losman fumbled. It's no excuse. If he threw a long TD pass you wouldn't ignore that because in a regular season game he wouldn't have thrown it.

no JP shouldn't be the starter.

In fact JP, Holcomb, and Nall should all be cut and 3rd stringers from NFL Europe should be brought in. We'll get the same quality play and Ralph will save money which he can use to help the cost of moving to LA <_<

Dude, chill

Listen to the post game press conference on bills.com. Jauron addresses that very point and he clearly says, "No. This was a pre-season game so we decided to give JP a few plays in that situation. If this were a regular season game, obviously we wouldn't be doing that." I think he was only referring to the second one though.

Still, Losman fumbled. It's no excuse. If he threw a long TD pass you wouldn't ignore that because in a regular season game he wouldn't have thrown it.

747292[/snapback]

You're right I would have been very happy to have seen a long TD pass on either of those plays. You are also right that there is no excuse for the fumble. I'm glad to know I was right on about them not planning on taking chances like that in the regular season. That it was a chance to to "give JP a few plays in that situation"

My line of thought here is that JP has shown the ability to find things has is doing wrong and correct them. I think that the fact he had the opportunity to make those mistakes now, he can learn from them, and it will pay off later in the season.

Sullivan had a good point this morning when he said:

"Losman will make big plays. He'll make mistakes. But he'll make it interesting. If you're going to follow a rebuilding team, all you can ask is that it not be boring. As gruesome as it sounds, this debacle left me even more convinced that Losman is the right guy for the situation."

Article

At least it won't be boring. I finally got to see the highlights this morning and the scoring plays were sweet. Evans first catch was all kinds of exciting. The bomb to Evans was pretty too! I thought it as funny that Marshall Faulk called out Josh Reed on the pick. He said that Reed "has to make a decision"

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not down on JP based on his performance last night. BUT... How will we know what we've got in Nall if we don't allow him a chance to start against the other team's first-string defense? It's not "all about JP" as some like to pretend. It's all about the Bills getting the right QB behind center on September 10th. JP had a whole half to play on Friday - and that was the right thing to do. Yet, doing that again and only giving Nall fourth-quarter scraps is not going to help clear-up the muddled picture. Thus, my vote is to give Craig the start next week before we automatically usher JP into the driver's seat...

Are there any good Qb's that are going to be free agents next year?  I mean like Drew Brees good.

747158[/snapback]

If you have written off this season and are looking forward to the off season already, why don't you just leave those of us who are looking forward to Bills football this season alone? Start posting after the last game again and offer your opinion on who to pick up and who to draft. It is amazing that this one of the most exciting times of the year for most fans and some people are so negative that all they can do is look forward to the end of the season!

If you have written off this season and are looking forward to the off season already, why don't you just leave those of us who are looking forward to Bills football this season alone?  Start posting after the last game again and offer your opinion on who to pick up and who to draft.  It is amazing that this one of the most exciting times of the year for most fans and some people are so negative that all they can do is look forward to the end of the season!

747366[/snapback]

I'm not writing off this season already. I was just curious. That's all. <_<

I hope JP will be a good starting Qb but he still has a lot of things to learn.  I think he deserves the job after tonights game.

No! Nall should be the starter. He was much more poised and had better organization of the offense. Nall has had my vote ever since we signed him. Not go Jp, GO NALL!

Are there any good Qb's that are going to be free agents next year? I mean like Drew Brees good.

I'm not writing off this season already.  I was just curious.  That's all. :(

747368[/snapback]

LSI you change your mind more than any person I have ever seen -- even in your own thread! :)

Last night your first post in this thread said JP deserved to start -- then this morning it had changed to Nall being the man and now you're looking for good free agents in the offseason <_<

What gives?

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not down on JP based on his performance last night.  BUT...  How will we know what we've got in Nall if we don't allow him a chance to start against the other team's first-string defense?  It's not "all about JP" as some like to pretend.  It's all about the Bills getting the right QB behind center on September 10th.  JP had a whole half to play on Friday - and that was the right thing to do.  Yet, doing that again and only giving Nall fourth-quarter scraps is not going to help clear-up the muddled picture.  Thus, my vote is to give Craig the start next week before we automatically usher JP into the driver's seat...

747361[/snapback]

It's likely the coaches determine who gets snaps with the ones by the way they practice. Call me crazy, but they may have a better handle on it than the average fan. <_<