It's official...we hve no QB

It has been 3 official team workouts, many optional workouts, and 2 weeks of officil training camp and JP cannot distinquish himself as superior to Holcomb. To me that equals trouble.

IMHO if Holcomb is the QB at this point we had better begin to panic. I understand that the coaches need to satisfy the competitive spirit of the other 52 rooster players, but since we all know that winning with KH is near impossible then unless someone can surpass him easily I am afraid we are in for a Gary Marangi type year.

I belief that the Bills should cut Losman if he cannot beat out Holcomb by the second preseason game. We are wasting our time.

I equate this batttle to any running back who cannot beat out Shaud Williams by the 2nd preseason game also should be cut because we all know that if Williams is your second choice for a back (after Willis) then you may as well mail in the season.

IMHO :devil:

It has been 3 official team workouts, many optional workouts, and 2 weeks of officil training camp and JP cannot distinquish himself as superior to Holcomb. To me that equals trouble.

IMHO if Holcomb is the QB at this point we had better begin to panic. I understand that the coaches need to satisfy the competitive spirit of the other 52 rooster players, but since we all know that winning with KH is near impossible then unless someone can surpass him easily I am afraid we are in for a Gary Marangi type year.

I belief that the Bills should cut Losman if he cannot beat out Holcomb by the second preseason game. We are wasting our time.

I equate this batttle to any running back who cannot beat out Shaud Williams by the 2nd preseason game also should be cut because we all know that if Williams is your second choice for a back (after Willis) then you may as well mail in the season.

IMHO :devil:

741279[/snapback]

Due to cap reasons, keeping JP no matter where he is on the depth chart, is a must this season.

I was laughed at by many here last week for predicting Nall would be the starter by our home opener-I stand by that prediction and your post shows exactly why I believe that Nall will get a shot fairly early in the season.

JP will be the starter. It's been beaten to death that Holcomb can only get us so far and we need to find out about JP.

I think starting Holcomb on the road against one of last year's best defenses is an excellent move by Jauron. JP gets some practice against the first team D, most practice against the second team D, then he gets to start at home against the Bengals D. Sounds like a pretty savy move to me in order to set JP up to succeed, unlike the previous regime which seemed to set him up to fail.

RTB

Why wait until after the 2nd preseason game?  I say cut him now so we can get our new starter in to learn the system ASAP.    :devil:

741288[/snapback]

Actually, rather than cutting JP (or any other player who does not denonstrate for certain that he is dominant by the 2nd pre-season game) I suggest rather than cutting them we simply shoot them.

If the Bills were to not get caught doing the assasination, then potentially we might get an exemption from the accelerated cap hit because the player is dead.

The precedent for this is from college where if your roommate committed suicide then the student got an exemption from taking final exams and passed the course.

Some might say that this exreme measure would be silly. However, it is only slightly sillier than the idea that we cut JP right now because we are wasting our tiime.

JP will be the starter. It's been beaten to death that Holcomb can only get us so far and we need to find out about JP.

I think starting Holcomb on the road against one of last year's best defenses is an excellent move by Jauron. JP gets some practice against the first team D, most practice against the second team D, then he gets to start at home against the Bengals D.  Sounds like a pretty savy move to me in order to set JP up to succeed, unlike the previous regime which seemed to set him up to fail.

RTB

741287[/snapback]

I agree. I would also submit that the coaching staff may be protecting their real starter by starting Holcomb. If you were, for the first time, rolling out your brand new offense with a rebuilt line against one of the league's top defenses (and DL's), you might consider saving your "A" player by playing him second, especially in the first preseason game.

By almost all accounts JP has outplayed Holcomb in camp, so to read into this decision that Holcomb is the starter is just wrong.

Well if JP, a 3rd year player with 8 starts under his belt, cannot distinguish himself from an 11-year vet with 21 starts under his belt, I'd say that's not a bad thing. JP gets the job and will improve with playing time.

And Sam Wyche (who could have at least said nothing at all), said that he still thinks JP has what it takes to make it as a starting QB in the NFL.

Marv has been quoted many times, one of his quotes was "If you have a QB competition, you dont have a QB"

He told us right then that we dont have a QB.

741298[/snapback]

The Truth Hurts sometimes...

It's called "live action" -- you can practice all you want, but the true test is when guys are actually able to tackle the QB.

We'll have a definitive starter by Week 3 of preseason...you can unwad your panties.

Actually, rather than cutting JP (or any other player who does not denonstrate for certain that he is dominant by the 2nd pre-season game) I suggest rather than cutting them we simply shoot them.

If the Bills were to not get caught doing the assasination, then potentially we might get an exemption from the accelerated cap hit because the player is dead.

The precedent for this is from college where if your roommate committed suicide then the student got an exemption from taking final exams and passed the course.

Some might say that this exreme measure would be silly.  However, it is only slightly sillier than the idea that we cut JP right now because we are wasting our tiime.

741290[/snapback]

One of your best posts! :devil:

Due to cap reasons, keeping JP no matter where he is on the depth chart, is a must this season. 

I was laughed at by many here last week for predicting Nall would be the starter by our home opener-I stand by that prediction and your post shows exactly why I believe that Nall will get a shot fairly early in the season.

741285[/snapback]

If neither of the heroes we have perform very well tonight I think Nall gets a huge boost on the way to the starting job without even having done anything.

Some might say that this exreme measure would be silly.  However, it is only slightly sillier than the idea that we cut JP right now because we are wasting our tiime.

741290[/snapback]

I'm sure the Eagles already explored that idea with Terrel Ownens! :devil:

It's called "live action" -- you can practice all you want, but the true test is when guys are actually able to tackle the QB.

We'll have a definitive starter by Week 3 of preseason...you can unwad your panties.

741313[/snapback]

And if pre season game 2 Holcomb also starts then as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread...you may as well cut Losman. (aside from the cap issues)

If Losman does not have the mental ability to beat out Holcomb now, he never will... it is not about physical ability....we all know who wins that one.

the only reason Losman is not playing is because he cannot think...and Holcomb is no rocket scientist...

:devil:

I want Losman to win this battle and most of us would say find out if he can play.

Well, if you cannot let him start and play most of the preseason game when the hell will you let him play.

Why would a coaching staff waste a season game when they will not even waste a preseason game....

Jauron calls this a scrimmage...then let Losman play, unless you are getting Holcomb ready to play the season and in such case this battle is over.

I say if he is not the clear leader by this time next week then it is time to move on.

The coaches are back doing what MM did...

either commit to him or not