06-07 Buffalo Bills

Last week, I posted that the Bills are void of talent. Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries, were enraged at the idea that I would put forth such a suggestion. But when you look at the teams in the league and compare ours with them, we look like the worst around IMHO.

A reasonable person would say the the worst teams in the NFL are:

San Fran; Buffalo; Houston; Titans; Cleveland; Raiders; New Orleans; & Detroit

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us, with the exception of San Fran. Talent is defined as pedigree, potential, ability, play, performance and pro bowl potential. We start with:

San Fran: QB Smith; I see no other talent on this team that stands out.

Buffalo: Clemens; Moorman; Whittner

Houston: Carr; Dom Davis; Moulds; Andre Johnson; Donta Robinson

Titans:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest of the teams:

Titans; Cleveland; Raiders; New Orleans; & Detroit

Titans: Vince Young; LenDale White; Albert Haynesworth; Pacman Jones

Lions: Mike Williams; Jones; Roy Williams

Cleveland: Braylon Edwards; Willie McGinnis; Winslow

New Orleans: Duce McCallister; Jammal Brown;

San Fran:  QB Smith; I see no other talent on this team that stands out.

That new Vernon Davis guy is nothing but hype. :angry:

Buffalo:  Clements; Moorman; Whittner

McGee, no talent :doh:

McGahee, no talent :huh:

Evans, no talent :o

Spikes, no talent :doh:

Fletcher, no talent :doh:

Houston:    Carr; Dom Davis; Moulds; Andre Johnson;  Donta Robinson

Mario Williams is a has been!!! :doh:

Titans:

Well, that Vince Young guy blows ass. :doh:

BTW, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Last week, I posted that the Bills are void of talent.  Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries, were enraged at the idea that I would put forth such a suggestion.  But when you look at the teams in the league and compare ours with them, we look like the worst around IMHO.

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us, with the exception of San Fran.  Talent is defined as pedigree, potential, ability, play, performance and pro bowl potential.  We start with:

Buffalo:  Clemens; Moorman; Whittner

Titans:

738660[/snapback]

Gosh, thanks for being so much smarter than the rest of us... so smart that you think it worth your while to choose a voluntary activity to make yourself miserable, then decide that it would be even smarter to make others miserable too....

Don't dislocate anything patting yourself on the back for being a "realist."

:angry:

Gosh, thanks for being so much smarter than the rest of us... so smart that you think it worth your while to choose a voluntary activity to make yourself miserable, then decide that it would be even smarter to make others miserable too....

Don't dislocate anything patting yourself on the back for being a "realist."

:angry:

738670[/snapback]

---------------------

The post speaks for itself. When you compare our talent versus other clubs, we are thin. THe next step is to be a realist and diagnose who is a star in the making, and who is a pretender or bench warmer for the Steelers.

I see -- with out my rose colored glasses that you wear -- only two players on this roster who stand out as pro-bowl types. Spikes/ MCGee/ Willis M are average players IMO. I mean, how does McGee compare to Champ Bailiey? He doesn't . How does he compare to Dunta Robinson? He doesn't. Thus, he aint making the PRO BOWL. Same with the others. Clemens is legit. A guy who can turn a game around.

Last week, I posted that the Bills are void of talent.  Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries, were enraged at the idea that I would put forth such a suggestion.  But when you look at the teams in the league and compare ours with them, we look like the worst around IMHO.

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us, with the exception of San Fran.  Talent is defined as pedigree, potential, ability, play, performance and pro bowl potential.  We start with:

Titans:

Rest of the teams:

Titans; Cleveland; Raiders; New Orleans; & Detroit

Titans: Vince Young; LenDale White; Albert Haynesworth; Pacman Jones

Lions: Mike Williams; Jones; Roy Williams

Cleveland: Braylon Edwards; Willie McGinnis; Winslow

New Orleans: Duce McCallister; Jammal Brown;

738660[/snapback]

Then, honestly why waste your time posting on a this pathetic team's message board? :doh: I don't want get personal, but this thread is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. You apparently have a huge bias against the Bills because the national media has told you they suck. I don't know how the Bills will finish but this is just insane.

You put Alex Smith on here and he threw 1 td to 11 ints compared to JP's 8td to 8 int. Vince Young has never played in an NFL game, and Holcomb has led more teams to the playoffs than Carr.

More nonsense: Willis isn't talented but a guy he outrushed the last two years, Kevin Jones, is. Josh Reed has proven more than Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow combined. Lee Evans has just as many td catches as Roy Williams, yet he is not talented. :huh: McGee is both a better cb and kick returner than Pac Man. But then again he wasn't a 1st round pick, which seems to be the way you put together this moronic list.

Honestly, I don't even know why I responded to this crap. I guess I'm just as dumb. :angry:

I think the Bills have more talent then people think.....

BUT....whether that talent turns into wins is another story....

I am not sure the Bills have the veteran leadership at the key positions that is needed to win football games. If they can find that, then the talent they have will be put to better use.

Then, honestly why waste your time posting on a this pathetic team's message board? :angry: I don't want get personal, but this thread is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. You apparently have a huge bias against the Bills because the national media has told you they suck. I don't know how the Bills will finish but this is just insane.

---------------------

Like most confused thinkers, your emotions trump your limited abilities to rationalize what intellect you have. Nothing is personal here. Read the post: i.e., pedigree, blue talent counts!

This post lays out the potential of the worst teams. YOu want to cling to your hometown beliefs. Get the blinders off.

MArv did well to grab underclassmen for value this draft. TD should be ashamed of the players he assembled here. Where are all the 1st and 2nd rounder he made? CAn you tell me that?

I have no bias. But the Buffalo media has the rose colored glasses on... That is their job...

Yeah that kellon winslow has some talent, too bad he has never shown it on a football field, I guess talent can also be shown in the IR in the NFL

738688[/snapback]

----------------------

Pedigree counts. We can surmise that he will post big numbers. He may be a reach, but he gets this season to show his worth. We gave Willis 3 yrs to show his worth, and he is a 15-20 back.

Titans:

738660[/snapback]

Dude I hope you're either drunk or 12 years old. Who is Clemens? Who is "double t" Whittner?

You don't think Fletcher, Spikes, McGahee, McGee, Evans etc are even remotely talented?

Seriously, re-think a little bit and learn how to spell.

Then, honestly why waste your time posting on a this pathetic team's message board? :angry: I don't want get personal, but this thread is so stupid I don't even know where to begin. You apparently have a huge bias against the Bills because the national media has told you they suck. I don't know how the Bills will finish but this is just insane.

---------------------

Like most confused thinkers, your emotions trump your limited abilities to rationalize what intellect you have. Nothing is personal here. Read the post: i.e., pedigree, blue talent counts!

This post lays out the potential of the worst teams. YOu want to cling to your hometown beliefs. Get the blinders off.

MArv did well to grab underclassmen for value this draft. TD should be ashamed of the players he assembled here. Where are all the 1st and 2nd rounder he made? CAn you tell me that?

I have no bias. But the Buffalo media has the rose colored glasses on... That is their job...

738692[/snapback]

I apologize that I got personal. But I just destroyed everything you just said. Please respond to my previous post. You said the Bills have no talent and listed players on other teams that you believed had talent. I countered by making amazing arguments that you are for some reason ignoring certain Bills' careers. Just because a guy is a first round pick doesn't make him a good NFL player. Please see Mike Williams.

----------------------

Pedigree counts.  We can surmise that he will post big numbers.  He may be a reach, but he gets this season to show his worth.  We gave Willis 3 yrs to show his worth, and he is a 15-20 back.

738695[/snapback]

Seriously guy, do you realize how dumb this sounds? I mean seriously. You said Willis is only a 15-20 back after 3 years. Then, what does that make Winslow? He has had two years to prove himself. According to your logic, he isn't even a top 50 TE. But what's that you say? He was injured those two years? Well, so was Willis for a year. Willis has rushed for 1,000 yards in his first two yards, yet Winslow who has caught 4 passes in more talented? Good point. :angry:

Spelling the player's names correct, indeed, a salient point. One worth bringing up. Congrats.

Ah, for your post: Fletcher is solid, but not a pro bowler. He is a talent, but is he a top 10 middle backer in the league? Do you want him or Dan Morgan? Maybe you take Ray Lewis over him? Or do you want Brooks over him? Maybe you want MArcus Washington? I dunno, I'll take Fletcher!?!?!

Spikes is a force. We will see if he comes back from his injury. He is injured. Simple as that. He would have made the list, but damn, there are a lot a great OLB like him. In fact, he is a dime a dozen when healthy.

McGahee is a 15-20 best back. I take 15 guys before him that stay in in 3rd down, can shred the 2nd layer and block on max protection.

McGee --- a great special teamer. Since when did he become a shut down/ lock down corner. Did i miss something here?

Evans -- go look at the league top 20 WR. Stop reading Bucky Glesson and drinking Genny Cream Ale -- adn read the about the to p20 WRs in the league. Evans is a talent, lets add him to the list. But a pro bowl type? I dont think so...