06-07 Buffalo Bills

Seriously guy, do you realize how dumb this sounds?  I mean seriously.  You said Willis is only a 15-20 back after 3 years.  Then, what does that make Winslow?  He has had two years to prove himself.  According to your logic, he isn't even a top 50 TE.  But what's that you say?  He was injured those two years?  Well, so was Willis for a year.  Willis has rushed for 1,000 yards in his first two yards, yet Winslow who has caught 4 passes in more talented?  Good point.  :angry:

738705[/snapback]

-----------------------

Pedigree counts. A team's overall talent has to include its overarching bleu chip depth and potential. A first pick over all in the draft -- Al Smith has to be considered Sn Frans #1 talent. I think that is reasonable. I assume you will attempt to refute that, in some emotional quest to be right about something today/ tonight.

Same goes for Winslow. His speed and eye witness accounts rank him as a specimen. We hae to assume that he will excell.

I yeild, and allow for Evans to make my list. But McGahee has show little in his career to merit a pro bowl. His comments that he was better than LT were hilarious....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to tell it like it is there Roscoe......

:angry:  :doh:  :huh:

738711[/snapback]

-------------------

Hi Mr. Moderator. Sorry this thread is taking such a bad turn. Mixing the pot a little here...

But break the sentence down -- you attack. Look at the structure and context.

You will agree, there are indeed a lot of great OLB. As such, Spikes, who is solid, is a dime a dozen. Every team has a Spikes or better. But the guy is injured, so this is all conjecture for him...

I agree with Roscoe....this is ridiculous, man....if you guys can't see that we should have a pro bowler and/or a first round pick (injured or otherwise) at every position on both sides of the ball, then you're all just a bunch of clueless homers.

Last week, I posted that the Bills are void of talent.  Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries, were enraged at the idea that I would put forth such a suggestion.  But when you look at the teams in the league and compare ours with them, we look like the worst around IMHO.

A reasonable person would say the the worst teams in the NFL are:

San Fran; Buffalo; Houston; Titans; Cleveland; Raiders; New Orleans; & Detroit

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us, with the exception of San Fran.  Talent is defined as pedigree, potential, ability, play, performance and pro bowl potential.  We start with:

San Fran:  QB Smith; I see no other talent on this team that stands out.

Buffalo:  Clemens; Moorman; Whittner

Houston:    Carr; Dom Davis; Moulds; Andre Johnson;  Donta Robinson

Titans:

738660[/snapback]

Some people post simply to piss off as many as possible.

Some people post simply to piss off as many as possible.

738719[/snapback]

---------------------

Calm down you melodramatic twit. The post simple review the talent level using a reasonable standard. Take off your buffalo talking proud t-shirt and review this all with an objective eye.

Last week, I posted that the Bills are void of talent.  Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries, were enraged at the idea that I would put forth such a suggestion.  But when you look at the teams in the league and compare ours with them, we look like the worst around IMHO.

When we diagnose the above teams, we can see that they have loads more of talent than us, with the exception of San Fran.  Talent is defined as pedigree, potential, ability, play, performance and pro bowl potential.  We start with:

Titans:

738660[/snapback]

My mom teaches 3rd and 4th grade special ed, and has a lot of kids with severe learning disabilities. I have seen her kids come up with more coherent, cognitive, and well thought out sentences and arguements than any one of your posts.

-------------------

Spikes, who is solid, is a dime a dozen.  Every team has a Spikes or better. 

738715[/snapback]

Let me get this straight. Spikes has been playing football on television for 10 years now and all this available data re: his skills and abilities has led you to the conclusion that he's just another dime a dozen 'backer?

<_<

The weakness is mine; I confess that I simply lack the talent and fortitude to engage in a conversation with somebody whose frame of reference is so wildly divergent and foreign to the manner in which I view a ballfield.

Let me get this straight. Spikes has been playing football on television for 10 years now and all this available data re: his skills and abilities has led you to the conclusion that he's just another dime a dozen 'backer?

<_<

The weakness is mine; I confess that I simply lack the talent and fortitude to engage in a conversation with somebody whose frame of reference is so wildly divergent and foreign to the manner in which I view a ballfield.

738788[/snapback]

I'd recommend shoving your head as far up your ass as possible. Then you'll be seeing things from roscoe's point of view.

I generally lurk here (been doing it since the beginning), but you are stupid. So I post.

Two things:

First, the following is just asinine and requires nothing except tittering behind one's hand (if you are polite).

Same goes for Winslow.  His speed and eye witness accounts rank him as a specimen.  We hae to assume that he will excell. 

738713[/snapback]

The guy has barely set foot on the field (cuz he is stupid too), and we 'hae to assume he will excell'?

Second, this:

Guys/ ladies like 'Darin From Alaska' and other board luminaries,

There are women here who add more than you ever will to the football discussion and enjoyment of the Bills here. Your attempt to insult Darin is stupid, too. Disagree with him, fine, call him stupid, okay. But don't piggyback your disagreement with his points onto your disdain of women.

kj

I'd recommend shoving your head as far up your ass as possible. Then you'll be seeing things from roscoe's point of view.

738790[/snapback]

If this isn't the 'parrot' guy under an assumed name, it's his first cousin. Both make the same amount of sense,i.e., none.

Titans:

738660[/snapback]

<_<

Are you missing a chromosome or do you just...nah, it's been done. Nevermind...

---------------------

Calm down you melodramatic twit.  The post simple review the talent level using a reasonable standard.  Take off your buffalo talking proud t-shirt and review this all with an objective eye.

738726[/snapback]

What reasonable standard, your poorly supported opinion?

It's a new year. Let the games begin! The results will speak for themself.

This thread is mostly interesting in that the approach seems to be one of trying to say adding up the talents of individual players will produce a total that somehow equals a team's production or level of achievement, when actually one of the most interesting things IMHO is that the NFL is really one of the uktimate team (really TEAM) games.

The NFL is really great to watch because time and time again 1 + 1 does not equal 2 but can equal 3 as two inferior talents who play together and in coordination can be far more productive than two better players who cannot be on the same page.

If the calculus that the lead post invests in were even remotely true then there is no way that play and fortunes shift over the course of a single season where the Bills start the season by destroying NE 31-0 and then end the season by losing 0-31 to the same team.

The cliche that on any given Sunday one team can beat another gets proven every year by at one game like the one a couple of years back where a horrid Fins team beat the SB champion Pats in a game.

The calculus of assessing individual talent (and then using the result to make statements with such dead lock certainty that it simply defies reality) without somehow also adding features that show the limitations of mathematical individualistic calculations simply cannot support any srongly held assertions.

The absolute nature of the statements that the Bills are virtually devoid of talent also clearly invite a rigor to be applied to the arguments which makes simple misspeliing of player names undercut the assertions. Also claims like the one attributing such greatness to Winslow who has not played due to his own stupidity while badmouthing the achievements of the fastest Bill RN to rush for 2000 yards ever simply invites the vitriol of many of the responses.

The point made about the Bills having little Pro Bowl talent is incorrect on the face of it since a number of players not named like McGee in fact made the Pro Bowl (pointing out he did not make it as a position player simply ignores the reality that he made it because he scored 5 TDs on returns and had an enormous impact on games and ignores the opinion many have that actually he is playing better CB than Clements right now) and also ignores the potential of several Bills who have not made it to make with a breakout year by players such as Schobel.

The point made in this thread MAT be correct, the main problems are that it is made so stridently that it forces high scrutiny on itself and the point is not very well argues in thread.

Talk about something that matters. Nobody cares about so called talent. It is all about wins, and championships!

738853[/snapback]

That's exactly right.

Just look at the 'talent' of the 2001 Patriots, rated at the start of that season. On paper, even our talentless team would have thrashed them. It's amazing how much talent is the result of being successful. <_<

738660[/snapback]

I think a more objective look would be to grade each team at it's specific positions:

Team:------SF------Hou-----Ten-----Cle-----N.O.-----Oak-----Det-----Buf

Position:

QB:-----------D--------C-------B--------D-------A--------D-------B--------D

RB:-----------C--------B-------B--------B-------A---------B-------B--------B

WR:----------C---------A-------C--------C------B---------A-------B--------C

OL:-----------D---------D-------C--------C------D---------C------C--------C

DL:-----------D---------C-------C--------B------B---------D------B--------C

LB:-----------B---------C--------B--------B------D--------C------C--------A

CB:----------D---------C--------B--------C------B--------D-------C-------A

S:------------D---------D--------D-------C------C---------D------C--------C

Aggregate

scores:-----(D+)----( C )------(C+)----(C+)---(B -)-----(C-)---(C+)----(C+)

I'm certain I've left myself open to some criticism, but this was the best I could without spending all day researching. Speaking of research, I toggled depth charts on NFL.com to formulate my opinion. This is just my opinion and any input others would like to inject would be helpful.

Somehow, the Saints came out way ahead of what I would thought. I guess their skill position guys really vaulted their score. In review, I think the Bills landed where I would have figured among these teams. Better than SF, Oak, and Hou. On a par with Det, Ten, and Cle. Surely not the worst talent in the league, but not too far away.