06-07 Buffalo Bills

What is in the water around here?  This is like shooting fish in a barrel.  Are you the next kid wordsmith gunslinger to come along and hurl barbs and insults?    Where are the guys who have 15K, 20k, and 24 k posts?  I **** bigger than you.  My post is completly reasonable.  I compared players and broek each player down without being bias.  GO read them above, they are all well thought our and talk circles around what you purport to know.  NOw go get your shinebox...

740364[/snapback]

Prove it.

Compare Evans & Whitner using your definitions.

Until you back up your.....what am I doing.....there is no possible way you can back up what your post said.....it's like asking a goldfish to "hold that thought". B-)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a more objective look would be to grade each team at it's specific positions:

Team:------SF------Hou-----Ten-----Cle-----N.O.-----Oak-----Det-----Buf

Position: 

QB:-----------D--------C-------B--------D-------A--------D-------B--------D

RB:-----------C--------B-------B--------B-------A---------B-------B--------B

WR:----------C---------A-------C--------C------B---------A-------B--------C

OL:-----------D---------D-------C--------C------D---------C------C--------C

DL:-----------D---------C-------C--------B------B---------D------B--------C

LB:-----------B---------C--------B--------B------D--------C------C--------A

CB:----------D---------C--------B--------C------B--------D-------C-------A

S:------------D---------D--------D-------C------C---------D------C--------C

Aggregate

scores:-----(D+)----( C )------(C+)----(C+)---(B -)-----(C-)---(C+)----(C+)

I'm certain I've left myself open to some criticism, but this was the best I could without spending all day researching.  Speaking of research, I toggled depth charts on NFL.com to formulate my opinion.  This is just my opinion and any input others would like to inject would be helpful. 

Somehow, the Saints came out way ahead of what I would thought.  I guess their skill position guys really vaulted their score.    In review, I think the Bills landed where I would have figured among these teams.  Better than SF, Oak, and Hou.  On a par with Det, Ten, and Cle.  Surely not the worst talent in the league, but not too far away.

738891[/snapback]

Just going by that logic a D= a 65 a C= 75 a B= 85 and an A= 95. Then would that not be a B- by your logic. I dont agree but would that not be right. it would then avg. to be an 80.

Just going by that logic a D= a 65 a C= 75 a B= 85 and an A= 95. Then would that not be a B- by your logic.  I dont agree but would that not be right. it would then avg. to be an 80.

740371[/snapback]

I've never understood how anyone could differentiate between B- & C+ or any of the +/- derivatives.

=+++++++++++++++++

Lady, it tOok me a second to respond to this, as I have the "stadium wall cyber lynch mob" jumping all over my back like lice at every turn. 

Super Bowl XXXVI -- New England 20, St. Louis 17  -- February 3, 2002

Pats All Pros 2002 = law/ izzo/ seymore/ milloy. 

And I would say that mcginest, troy brown (97 catches), vinatieri are talents by any standard.

740369[/snapback]

Uh, her point is that your entire hypothesis sucks. According to YOUR OWN BS, because the 2001 Patriots had NO PRO BOWLERS, the 2002 Patriots would be lacking talent. Yet the 2002 Patriots somehow won their division, won the AFC Championship, then won the Super Bowl. All this despite having NO PRO BOWLERS the PREVIOUS SEASON.

Of course the 2002 Patriots had Pro Bowlers. The won the SUPER BOWL. It'd be pretty hard to for the Pro Bowl to completely ignore a playoff team.

Uh, her point

=================

I thought were talking about 2002. But the 2001 pats had pro bowlers too:

Brady & milloy, and i think troy brown was there too. but that team in 2000 and 2002 had tons of talent. I mean, the guy I mentioned in the post above are solid, players at their positions. Ty law?! come on man, that guy was GREAT! and vinitieri?!?! he is a hall of famer. Willy McGinis? guy is terrific. What about seymor? stud. even damien woody was a solid force to be reckon with afew years back. that team never got credit for having talent. but I think they had and haev great players. belachek does a great job at keeping the egos in check.

I thought were talking about 2002.  But the 2001 pats had pro bowlers too:

Brady & milloy, and i think troy brown was there too.  but that team in 2000 and 2002 had tons of talent.  I mean, the guy I mentioned in the post above are solid, players at their positions.  Ty law?!  come on man, that guy was GREAT!  and vinitieri?!?!  he is a hall of famer.  Willy McGinis?  guy is terrific.  What about seymor?  stud.  even damien woody was a solid force to be reckon with afew years back.  that team never got credit for having talent.  but I think they had and haev great players.  belachek does a great job at keeping the egos in check.

740399[/snapback]

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH people are talking about the 2000 pro bowl.

The pro bowl before the season the Pats first won the Superbowl...the 2001 season.

No probowlers from that 5-11 team which was considered worse generally than our 2005 5-11 team & players rated worse than ours. Brady & Vinitieri were unknown while Bledsoe & Woody would not greatly contribute to their 2001 success.

I posted this before but you ignored it.

Here it is again for you to ignore.

For impartiality's sake I'll list PFWs annuals 'rated' players for the 2001 Patriots & the 2006 Bills. Not that I agree with the ratings but it is a decent unbiased comparison for you to see how biased perhaps you are.

3.0=solid starter

4.0=probowl level player

Obviously rookies are not rated....note: punters are not rated.

Patriots 2001

Woody 3.0

Bledsoe 3.0

McGinest 3.0

Law 3.0

Milloy 3.5

Bills 2006

McGahee 3.7++

Schobel 3.0

Fletcher 3.25-

Spikes 3.95

McGee 2.9+

Clements 3.0

Do you realize that ignoring valid arguments is not the same as countering them?

Just asking. B-)

=================

I thought were talking about 2002.  But the 2001 pats had pro bowlers too:

Brady & milloy, and i think troy brown was there too.  but that team in 2000 and 2002 had tons of talent.  I mean, the guy I mentioned in the post above are solid, players at their positions.  Ty law?!  come on man, that guy was GREAT!  and vinitieri?!?!  he is a hall of famer.  Willy McGinis?  guy is terrific.  What about seymor?  stud.  even damien woody was a solid force to be reckon with afew years back.  that team never got credit for having talent.  but I think they had and haev great players.  belachek does a great job at keeping the egos in check.

740399[/snapback]

The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging. Retardicon.

The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging.  Retardicon.

740560[/snapback]

----------------

------------------------

There is an expression that: "pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered." As such, I let you off the hook last night after you posted a lie, and relied on the nice lady's research on the 2001 pro bowl team above. I thought you would yield on your cyber lynch mob mantra, and we could act civilized. But I was wrong, you can't control your aggression. But you should have backed up the nice lady's research, but you chose to go to sleep and not follow up her mistake and ignorantly wrote:

"because the 2001 Patriots had NO PRO BOWLERS."

The fact is, the 2001 pro bowl team had Brady and Milloy, and I think troy brown too. Are you recently familiar with what a FACT is? Your latest post and attempt to add to your 24,000 (twenty four thousand) void of substance posts was off the mark, yet again. Make sure you research before you post. A lot of people on these types of fan website 'shoot from the hip' and 'pull crap from their as$.' Worse yet, they rely on their little cyber buddies research and then further assert it. DO you wear glasses? Maybe you see that the 2001 Pro Bowl roster does NOT include pat players? Are we all blind and you have 20/20 vision regarding this? Please explain, I can't wait for the contrived answer...

And I imagine that about 4-6 of your cyber lynch mob buddies will respond for you. I can see their frantic IMing now: "gee, (giggling to self) let me get him for you Darindumb, I have wit, talk to you later, Ramius." "I am satirical, in shop class everyone says i am funny, i'll get him for ya, all the best, Dibbs."

THE 2001 pro bowl team had no patroits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEws flash -- Daron from alaska has found that in hawaii, in 2001, NO patroits played in the game. the roster and box score stats were all a orson wells like hoax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is an expression that: "pigs get fat, but hogs get slaughtered."  As such, I let you off the hook last night after you posted a lie, and relied on the nice lady's research on the 2001 pro bowl team above.  I thought you would yield on your cyber lynch mob mantra, and we could act civilized.  But I was wrong, you can't control your aggression.  But you should have backed up the nice lady's research, but you chose to go to sleep and not follow up her mistake and ignorantly wrote:

"because the 2001 Patriots had NO PRO BOWLERS."

The fact is, the 2001 pro bowl team had Brady and Milloy, and I think troy brown too.  Are you recently familiar with what a FACT is?  Your latest post and attempt to add to your 24,000 (twenty four thousand) void of substance posts was off the mark, yet again.  Make sure you research before you post.  A lot of people  on these types of fan website 'shoot from the hip' and 'pull crap from their as$.'  Worse yet, they rely on their little cyber buddies research and then further assert it.  DO you wear glasses?  Maybe you see that the 2001 Pro Bowl roster does NOT include pat players?  Are we all blind and you have 20/20 vision regarding this?  Please explain, I can't wait for the contrived answer...

And I imagine that about 4-6 of your cyber lynch mob buddies will respond for you.  I can see their frantic IMing now: "gee, (giggling to self) let me get him for you Darindumb, I have wit, talk to you later, Ramius."  "I am satirical, in shop class everyone says i am funny, i'll get him for ya, all the best, Dibbs."

THE 2001 pro bowl team had no patroits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   NEws flash -- Daron from alaska has found that in hawaii, in 2001, NO patroits played in the game.  the roster and box score stats were all a orson wells like hoax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

740568[/snapback]

I'd like to spend some time returning insults but I'll let the rest of the board determine who's the idiot in this particular instance. Mostly because you're just not worth the effort.

Fact: The 2000 New England Patriots won 5 games, lost 11. The team had NO PRO BOWLERS.

Fact: The 2001 New England Patriots won 11 games, lost 5, and WON THE SUPER BOWL. That team had Pro Bowlers, as would be expected of any team with similiar success.

You try and dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge all you want. The fact that YOU don't understand how to read or which Pro Bowl Roster corresponds to which season is not MY problem.

Look, lets pretend this's Appomattox. You are General Robert E. Lee and I am U.S. Grant. Let ends the war, okay? Someday, when we are old and gray, and wearign 'Depends,' we can look back on this and laugh. I love you as a person as a bills fan.

The 2001 pro bowl had patroits in it. Simple as that. The 2001 pro bowl had patroits in it. you want to go back to the year 2000, next you will be talking about 1999, then 98, 97. THe nice lady and you are a little off. I am a little off sometimes, mostly in bowling, dart throwing and karaoke, but here i am right.

But who cares. lets enjoy that it is friday and almost bills time. Season is coming up, and all is good. I officially hang a white flag out to all of you folks who i have offended. lets make peace and not war. i can hear peter, paul and mary singing somewhere...

Look, lets pretend this's Appomattox.  You are General Robert E. Lee and I am U.S. Grant.  Let ends the war, okay?  Someday, when we are old and gray, and wearign 'Depends,' we can look back on this and laugh.  I love you as a person as a bills fan. 

Admit you're wrong. It's as simple as that. As far as the rest of your hippy love, just because you're a BILLS' fan doesn't mean you aren't an Ahole. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The 2001 pro bowl had patroits in it.  Simple as that.  The 2001 pro bowl had patroits in it.  you want to go back to the year 2000, next you will be talking about 1999, then 98, 97.  THe nice lady and you are a little off.  I am a little off sometimes, mostly in bowling, dart throwing and karaoke, but here i am right. 

No, you're not. Tom Brady won the Super Bowl in his first year as a starter and played his FIRST Pro Bowl THAT season. Are you trying to get everyone here to believe he played in the Pro Bowl in a season where his stats were 1 completion, 3 attempts, six yards? That would be the season NO PATRIOTS played in the Pro Bowl. Imagine that. A team with "no talent" based on "no Pro Bowlers" wins the SUPER BOWL the very NEXT SEASON.

You accused me of attempting to spin and PMing a bunch of people to get them on my side (as if my arrogance needs further validation), simply because you aren't man enough to get both of your legs out of your gullet and admit that your hypothesis is absolutely ridiculous.

But who cares.  lets enjoy that it is friday and almost bills time.  Season is coming up, and all is good.  I officially hang a white flag out to all of you folks who i have offended.  lets make peace and not war.  i can hear peter, paul and mary singing somewhere...

740616[/snapback]

I am enjoying Friday. For some reason I don't need your approval for that.

As a veteran, I detest people who:

1. Think that arguing on a message board is akin to war.

2. Equate themselves to historical military figures who laid their lives on the line for a cause.

Your surrender is noted.

Admit you're wrong. It's as simple as that. As far as the rest of your hippy love, just because you're a BILLS' fan doesn't mean you aren't an Ahole. The two are not mutually exclusive.

----------------------

-------------------------------

We are back to name calling and barbs I see. Geez... I try to extend an olive branch, and you try to bite off my hand. Therapy, counseling can do I wonders, so I hear. Even Green tea can relax some, so they say. DO they have yoga in ALaska? Thai Chi? What about getting a bonzai tree and prunning it? I don't have the energy to keep responding to you and your cyber zealot mates antics all damn day. I am talking FOOTBALL in another post, and you want to infuse more negate conversation in this thread b/k some type of insecurity was triggered when I informed you that you were wrong after you backed up a false 'fact' put forth by the nice ladt poster above.

THe fact you put forth -- is not a fact. It is a lie. Here are you words yet again, they are posted above: "because the 2001 Patriots had NO PRO BOWLERS." THose are your words, not mine. I am not responsible for making things up. I never mentioned it last night when I saw it. I with grace, let it go, as you should. Yet you continue to stir the pot like MAtt BArnaby or Ken Lindsman used to do on the ice.

I respect your vet background, as you should respect mine. My GG grandfather died in the civil war, and i thought that a civil war refrence would be a nice way to soften and seg way away from the negative around here and into some solid footing. Let it go man. enjoy life, smile, be happy. you got 24K posts, the most on the site. I like your opinions and respect them. nothing personal here, i agree. Two men can argue a little. but we are bills fans and that common thread alone quite the guns. i'll tell you what, you can be General Grant, and i'll be general Lee, is that better?

We are back to name calling and barbs I see.  Geez...  I try to extend an olive branch, and you try to bite off my hand.  Therapy, counseling can do I wonders, so I hear.  Even Green tea can relax some, so they say.  DO they have yoga in ALaska?  Thai Chi?  What about getting a bonzai tree and prunning it?  I don't have the energy to keep responding to you and your cyber zealot mates antics all damn day.  I am talking FOOTBALL in another post, and you want to infuse more negate conversation in this thread b/k some type of insecurity was triggered when I informed you that you were wrong after you backed up a false 'fact' put forth by the nice ladt poster above. 

THe fact you put forth -- is not a fact.  It is a lie.  Here are you words yet again, they are posted above:  "because the 2001 Patriots had NO PRO BOWLERS."  THose are your words, not mine.  I am not responsible for making things up.  I never mentioned it last night when I saw it.  I with grace, let it go, as you should.  Yet you continue to stir the pot like MAtt BArnaby or Ken Lindsman used to do on the ice.

I respect your vet background, as you should respect mine.  My GG grandfather died in the civil war, and i thought that a civil war refrence would be a nice way to soften and seg way away from the negative around here and into some solid footing.  Let it go man.  enjoy life, smile, be happy.  you got 24K posts, the most on the site.  I like your opinions and respect them.  nothing personal here, i agree.  Two men can argue a little.  but we are bills fans and that common thread alone quite the guns.  i'll tell you what, you can be General Grant, and i'll be general Lee, is that better?

740689[/snapback]

Spin, spin, spin.

Your hypothesis was "No Pro Bowlers = No talent." Lori came back with the fact that the Patriots had NO Pro Bowlers the season before they won their first Super Bowl.

Now you're simply trying to deflect by concentrating on the semantical year, because you got caught with your pants down. Don't patronize me with you're "let it go" thing. You've insulted plenty of posters in this thread and simply don't like the fact that you look like a douche bag.

I'd tell you where to stick that olive branch, but with your head already in there, I doubt there'd be any room.

But who cares.  lets enjoy that it is friday and almost bills time.  Season is coming up, and all is good.  I officially hang a white flag out to all of you folks who i have offended.  lets make peace and not war.  i can hear peter, paul and mary singing somewhere...

740616[/snapback]

Thank God it's over!! It was brutal watching this guy get beat up by just about everyone. I don't remember a more one sided post............TGIFF!!!

GO BILLS !!!!

Thank God it's over!! It was brutal watching this guy get beat up by just about everyone. I don't remember a more one sided post............TGIFF!!!

---------------------------

-----------------------------

THere is a great Eagle's song, "Johny COme Lately, The New Kid IN Town." Have you heard it? So what, you stood on the sideline while I dismantled the Cyber Lynch Mob ("CLM") and waited to post your rude vomit? The only people who got beat up around here are the CLM members who stepped up one at a time for an articulation slapping. You sit on the bench like a turtle and then stick your head out when you think the guns are silenced? Add something to the post about NFL talent please. That way we can talk about sports and I wont have to sit you down like the others have been dealt with: 'the nice lady'; Ramius, Dibbs, Dardumb from ALaski; RJ (no that RAJ -- but the cool one) et al.).

I'll give you some ammunitiom: the patroits had two (2) pro bowlers in 2001 -- can you name them? i'll give you a hint, one is a safety the other is a QB. I'll give you three lifelines. 1) you can IM your CLM pales and ask them; 2) you can look it up -- it is public information; or 3) you can give up and we can have darun in alaskia answer it for us. I think he may know the answer. Are you in? Timer started. I'll give you till 3:00 eastern, then I'm hitting the beach for the weekend.

Why are you guys even bothering to argue with a fool who creates a user name themed after what is ostensibly one of his favorite TV shows, yet:

-- does a hack job on the character's name (it's Rosco P. Coltrane, you dipstick); and

-- puts up a photo of a completely different character as his avatar.

What a maroon.

Why are you guys even bothering to argue with a fool who creates a user name themed after what is ostensibly one of his favorite TV shows, yet:

-----------------

-----------------

Who are you fooling? You got an avantar of aldy 1/3 the size of you significant other. so why cant my avantar be boss hogg?