whichever receivers get cut

nodnarb

To me the only givens at WR on the roster are Evans (#1), Parrish (#3 and primary punt returner see Az Hakim role) and Davis (#4). Thusly it looks like a battle between Price and Reed for the #2 spot with the odd man out to be cut as if we're keeping 5 WRs I'd rather the 5th guy contribute on special teams like Aiken can. To me Nance makes perfect sense for the practice squad as a) he was an undrafted free agent b)will probably take a year to develop and be a good replacement when Davis' contract ends up. c) Aiken might walk after this year due to lack of playing time/development. Or in line form if had to predict today:

1)Lee Evans

2)Peerless Price

3)Roscoe Parrish

4)Andre' Davis

5)Sam Aiken

PS Martin Nance

Goodbye everyone else.

738602[/snapback]

Why would they cut a potential #2 WR and keep a #4 or #5? I like your list but I think both Price and Reed are going to make it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading your "worst talent in the league" shizzle for a few weeks now. I can easily say that you might well be a moron. Just my opinion.

I don't see how any of the guys you mentioned are "shoe-ins" to be 3rd WRs for some teams out there.  The guys you got are special teamers.  Davis is an injury prone has been.  Aiken is a special team guy.  The others are no better than any 3rd WR in the league.  The Bills have the worst talent in the league.  NO team has worse talent.  Thus, our worst are not going to be anyone's best.

738647[/snapback]

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but what exactly, as a wide reciever, has Sam Aiken done to convince you he could be a #3 WR on any team? 

738582[/snapback]

Have you seen the Vikings' roster recently? Their WR depth chart goes something like: Taylor, Robinson, a trainer, my grandmother, and an empty Gatorade cup. I'm pretty sure Sam can crack that lineup.

Have you seen the Vikings' roster recently?  Their WR depth chart goes something like: Taylor, Robinson, a trainer, my grandmother, and an empty Gatorade cup.  I'm pretty sure Sam can crack that lineup.

739518[/snapback]

Troy Williamson is on that team right? Is nate Burleson there too? I'd much reather have them than the Bills camp cuts....

Troy Williamson is on that team right? Is nate Burleson there too?  I'd much reather have them than the Bills camp cuts....

739521[/snapback]

Burleson's gone to the Seahawks. Williamson's there...but after a truly unspectacular rookie season I wouldn't trust him to do much more than Sam Aiken could.

Then again...look who's throwing to them. Brad Johnson or Mike McMahon. And the rushing attack from hell. Not much anyone's going to accomplish on that receiving corps.

Have you seen the Vikings' roster recently?  Their WR depth chart goes something like: Taylor, Robinson, a trainer, my grandmother, and an empty Gatorade cup.  I'm pretty sure Sam can crack that lineup.

739518[/snapback]

I have not missed a Bills game in years, although I will admitt, I don't always know what I am watching...but I swear, I think Aiken has looked below average in the wide receiver role...what have you seen, or moreover, what am I missing? Beyond Lee Evans, Peerless Price and Josh Reed, there is very little to judge any of these guys on. I keep reading post after post about "good 'ol Sam Aiken", and I don't know where it is coming from...I have mostly noticed him looking like crap, on offense....

I think that Aiken will make the squad, because of his ST play, not any potential he has shown in the offense. I think that, because of talent, and contracts, the Bills will likely be sticking with Evans, Parrish, Price and Reed. Davis, with his one year deal, IMO, is the one who is sort of the wildcard.

It would seem to me, Davis would really have to blow everyone else away to gain favor over Price and Reed. They won't give up on Parrish after one season (unless they could trade him), and I have a hunch, unless he is just awful in preseason, Nance has a spot on the Practice Squad. The Bills don't have a receiver of his type on the roster. If scouting reports are true, he is supposed to be big, physical and with good hands. Maybe, if he proves to be real good, he eventually takes Reeds' spot on the roster...not this year though.

That leaves Davis, Wilson and Jonathan Smith and Aiken fighting for one spot. I am guessing it will be Aiken, for his special teams play. Smith is similar to Parrish (both should be good return men), so I think he is the longest shot of all to make the team. Wilson, I am not so sure about...

I've been reading your "worst talent in the league" shizzle for a few weeks now. I can easily say that you might well be a moron. Just my opinion.

739501[/snapback]

---------------------------

I've see your posts for years. Never are they about football. Simple barbs and childish yarns. At one point, about a year ago, you extended yourself and actually tried to put together a post re: the team and the players. If I recall, it was hilarious, as it sounded like you jsut got a magazine on the NFL and became a fan that day with the little knowledge your asserted and put forth. Remember that? Your a hack. For years now you have been chasing after anyone who marches to a differnt drummer on this site and pokes holes in OUR TEAM. This ain't your board. Chill out. Be a nice guy. kumbaya. I love you. Don't write back all angry and pounding your chicken chest. Just calm down and lets talk football.

Remember, I simply posted in this thread about the the NFL. Then you jump all over me like the rest of your cyber buddies. "Gee, lets IM about Roscoe, he is mean..." "gee he is talking mean, lets get him..." Grow up. I never said a damn thing wrong here. Just posting my thoughts on what talent is and asking for a sober response. Step up, talk football. Alot of people have looked at the talent and are angry about it. Are you?

I've see your posts for years.  Never are they about football.  Simple barbs and childish yarns.  At one point, about a year ago, you extended yourself and actually tried to put together a post re: the team and the players.  If I recall, it was hilarious, as it sounded like you jsut got a magazine on the NFL and became a fan that day with the little knowledge your asserted and put forth.  Remember that?  Your a hack. 

739577[/snapback]

:lol:

George Wilson, Nance, J. Smith, A. Davis, Aiken...at least 4 of these guys is not going to make the team, most likely. And they're all good enough to be at least #3 WR on any team, possibly with the exception of Nance.

738522[/snapback]

Who is Choo Choo Coleman playing with these days? :lol:

I can see Aiken or Fast Freddy getting picked up for their ST play, with Andre Davis being the only one who might see some O snaps with another team.... kinda the same situation they're looking at in Buffalo.

You've see [sic] my posts for years? Link it, mofo. I dare you you. You have no idea what I've posted about, who I am, or what my opinions are. I'm a hack? You need a little self analysis, fool. Pot, here's Mr. Kettle, and he's a prick.

But keep posting. You're digging your own grave.

---------------------------

I've see your posts for years.  Never are they about football.  Simple barbs and childish yarns.  At one point, about a year ago, you extended yourself and actually tried to put together a post re: the team and the players.  If I recall, it was hilarious, as it sounded like you jsut got a magazine on the NFL and became a fan that day with the little knowledge your asserted and put forth.  Remember that?  Your a hack.  For years now you have been chasing after anyone who marches to a differnt drummer on this site and pokes holes in OUR TEAM.  This ain't your board.  Chill out.  Be a nice guy.  kumbaya.  I love you.  Don't write back all angry and pounding your chicken chest.  Just calm down and lets talk football. 

Remember, I simply posted in this thread about the the NFL.  Then you jump all over me like the rest of your cyber buddies.  "Gee, lets IM about Roscoe, he is mean..."  "gee he is talking mean, lets get him..."  Grow up.  I never said a damn thing wrong here.  Just posting my thoughts on what talent is and asking for a sober response.  Step up, talk football.  Alot of people have looked at the talent and are angry about it.  Are you?

739577[/snapback]

I have to agree with MadBuffaloDisease. Dial up Dallas, they are usually trade friendly with us.

HC Bill Parcells said that the Cowboys have been talking with teams about possibly trading for a receiver. "I think we're trying to be as proactive on it as we can and see what might be available, see the teams that are heavy at that position," Parcells said. "I think we could be heavy at a spot or two, so maybe we'll be able to do some business."

WR Josh Reed on the trading block would make sense to me. Parrish becoming the 3rd WR and sharing some ST duties seems reasonable. I guess Bledsoe would have to have some input on this one, but if so, then it would seem to me that a defensive player would be traded back. DE Greg Ellis still might be expendable or maybe DE Jeremiah Ratliff and convert him back to a DT. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on this situation.

Does this seem realistic?

1st WR-Lee Evans

2nd WR-Peerless Price

3rd WR-Roscoe Parrish

4th WR-Andre Davis

5th WR-Sam Aiken

*Practice squad WR Martin Nance or WR Chris Denney.

Kiss the rest good-bye.

You've see [sic] my posts for years? Link it, mofo. I dare you you. You have no idea what I've posted about, who I am, or what my opinions are. I'm a hack? You

--------------

---------------

kumbaya guy. Keep your bra on. I was jsut defending myself. You wrote me and attacked for no reason. You do that a lot to people. YOu get away with it b/k your cyber budies back you up. I apologize for defending myself. But you tossed the first punch. And so, we will stick to football. I am sorry for coming at ya in response to your out of the blue attack (i.e., called me a moron for no reason). cool?

You've see [sic] my posts for years? Link it, mofo. I dare you you. You have no idea what I've posted about, who I am, or what my opinions are. I'm a hack? You

--------------

---------------

kumbaya guy. Keep your bra on. I was jsut defending myself. You wrote me and attacked for no reason. You do that a lot to people. YOu get away with it b/k your cyber budies back you up. I apologize for defending myself. But you tossed the first punch. And so, we will stick to football. I am sorry for coming at ya in response to your out of the blue attack (i.e., called me a moron for no reason). cool?

739862[/snapback]

Have you seen your posts? You've given all of us ample reason to call you a moron.

Andre Davis is anything but a "given."  IMO he's an early cut.  I predict that the WR ranking order will look like this:

Evans

Price

Reed

Parrish

Aiken/J. Smith (up to April)

Nance

738619[/snapback]

Part of the reason I feel Davis is a given is a)we signed him before Reed or Price b)he's set to earn less than Reed or Price c)He offers better size/speed than either Reed or Price and d)he can be used on special teams as either a return man or gunner where Reed or Price really don't offer this. All of which to me makes him an ideal 4th WR, as even though Reed or Price could be a better WRs, they don't bring as much as a total package that Davis could.

Part of the reason I feel Davis is a given is a)we signed him before Reed or Price b)he's set to earn less than Reed or Price c)He offers better size/speed than either Reed or Price and d)he can be used on special teams as either a return man or gunner where Reed or Price really don't offer this. All of which to me makes him an ideal 4th WR, as even though Reed or Price could be a better WRs, they don't bring as much as a total package that Davis could.

Actually it's BECAUSE Davis is cheaper than I think he's no given. I think Reed and Price are locks because of the money the Bills gave them. I think that Davis WILL make the team, at Aiken's expense, which would be an improvement for the team at least as far as WR goes. I think he'll do well on ST's as well, but even if he's close to Aiken in that respect, it's a good thing.

Andre Davis is anything but a "given."  IMO he's an early cut.  I predict that the WR ranking order will look like this:

Evans

Price

Reed

Parrish

Aiken/J. Smith (up to April)

Nance

738619[/snapback]

I am not so sure about Davis being cut. If what they did to Posey made sense

I am sure DJ will cut him loose so that he can latch on to another team earlier.

Have you seen your posts?  You've given all of us ample reason to call you a moron.

739886[/snapback]

---------------

------------------

Gee look, the peanut gallery has woke up. WHo you fooling crap throwing geek? I remember when you first came on the site, i'll try to dig up one of your frist posts which was hilariously void of any logic or careful thought. I see that you are still preaching that mantra.

like i told the other big mouth, stick to nfl and stop with the barbs. I know some people on the site think they got a PHD in wit and satire, but they don't. No wordsmiths here. lets talk ball.

keep it real.

Well let's consider:

3 QB's

3 RB's

2 FB's * (1 might switch between RB/FB)

3 TE's

10 OL (9 once CV gets injured)

so if offense and defense are = that leaves 6 WR's:

Evans

Price is right

Reed

Parrish

Davis

Aiken

Nance PS

Anyone see position breakdown differently?