Who is the worst Bills QB of all-time?

Vote for who you think is the worst Bills QB ever (Kelly, Ferguson, & Kemp exempted)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for who you think is the worst Bills QB ever (Kelly, Ferguson, & Kemp exempted)

• Drew Bledsoe ('02-04)
    • Doug Flutie ('98-00)
    • Dennis Shaw ('70-73)
    • Rob Johnson ('98-01)
    • Todd Collins ('95-97)
    • Alex Van Pelt ('95-03)
    • Frank Reich ('85-94)
    • John Green ('60-61)
    • Daryle Lamonica ('63-66)
    • Dan Darragh ('68-70)
    • Vince Ferragamo ('85)
    • Gary Marangi ('74-76)
    • Bruce Mathison ('85)
    • Kelly Holcomb ('05)
    • JP Losman ('04-05)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Ferragamo have a 5 TD and 21 INT season for the Bills? I believe he did....that was arguably the worst season for a starting QB in Bills history! YUCK!!

736316[/snapback]

It was 5 tds 17 ints according to the 1986 Bills' media guide. He also was cut during the season, so it really wasn't the worst season for a starting QB, maybe the worst part season for a Bills starting QB.

Has to be Marangi.  The people called for him from the stands. When he finally played, he basically cut himself.

736288[/snapback]

Amen, brother... I can't believe folks would chant Marangi's name (Bills fans treated Joe Ferguson like absolute schitt for years, booing him mercilessly....)... then in 1976 when Fergy went down, Marangi was beyond putrid... even losing a couple of games when OJ ran for more than 200 yards because he was so freakin' lame...

Then when the Bills tried to trade him to GB, he failed his physical.... Ugh.

I'm 27. I don't remember anything before Kelly. That said, RJ. Blew a wad of cash on him, he had no heart. Great physically, but stunk up the mental game. Throw in the So. Cal. attitude, and he just seems like he deserves my vote.

TC was a tool, too. Close second.

-Jeff

Anyone remember a loser named, Billy Joe Hobert?

736331[/snapback]

Poll shows minimum 200 attempts, which BJH didn't come close to. and yes, scroll up a couple posts...

Gotta wonder how different this poll would look if Billy Joe Gunrack lasted more than half a game

736322[/snapback]

Amen, brother... I can't believe folks would chant Marangi's name (Bills fans treated Joe Ferguson like absolute schitt for years, booing him mercilessly....)... then in 1976 when Fergy went down, Marangi was beyond putrid... even losing a couple of games when OJ ran for more than 200 yards because he was so freakin' lame...

Then when the Bills tried to trade him to GB, he failed his physical.... Ugh.

736326[/snapback]

Fergy did suck back then though, and Marangi looked good coming off the bench, much more exciting of a player anyways. What a brutal disappointment when he finally started. :doh:

Still, Dan Darragh is the worst on the list IMO, but I voted for Drew on principle.

Ferragamo was so bad he was acquired and discarded in about half a season, for anyone who said Mathison was the worst, Mathison actually REPLACED Ferragamo. He was actually improvement, at least he could run (he was an option QB in college so he ran alot), but he threw like crap. Ferragamo couldn't do either one.

Hard to believe that with incredible stats like that, this guy has zero votes!  Not enough old timers on the board, apparently!

736319[/snapback]

Somehow Dennis Shaw was the NFL rookie of the year in 1970, so he either had one halfway decent year on a crap team or there weren't any rookies of consequence in 1970 and they picked his name out of a hat.

Either way, the Bills haven't had too many ROYs in their history so I think that gets him off the hook as the worst QB we ever had. It doesn't mean he was good, but Ferragamo, Mathison, Dufek, Kofler, Marangi, Darragh...these men weren't even close towinning any kind of award.

Ferragamo was so bad he was acquired and discarded in about half  a season, for anyone who said Mathison was the worst, Mathison actually REPLACED Ferragamo.  He was actually improvement, at least he could run (he was an option QB in college so he ran alot), but he threw like crap.  Ferragamo couldn't do either one.

736708[/snapback]

Ferragamo had an arm and talent, he just didn't want to be here and was on the downside of his career after breaking his hand. Mathison replaced him because he couldn't beat him out. Mathison was horrible. Ferragamo threw 30 TDs in one season in the NFL, and won an NFC championship and played in a Super Bowl, he didn't totally suck. He was a total scumbag, however. :D

I voted for RJ just because he seemed to hold a lot of promise and was such a flop. I guess Vince Farrragamo was about the same though. Bruce Mathison was awful! Anyone Rember Dan Manuchi? He was so bad Ferguson had to stay in the playoff game at San Diego with San Diego in 1980 with a broken ankel. Defense played a great game but Fergy couldn't get us moving on a broken leg. Damn gutsy performance. Coulda won the super bowl that year