Starting To Really Think We Have No QB

And yes, I think the youth movement and talented acquisitions that have taken place over the past few months has this team moving in the right direction. I believe that there is a lot of excitement building around this team for the next few years and until we find that QB that has eluded the Bills for so many years, it will never transpire into something special.

I really want to believe that we have one of these gems in camp but something just tells me Bills fans will still be waiting for THAT guy. Any other choice but Losman to start this season will truly tell me that there is a bunch of garbage behind center. That being said, cummon JP it is NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!

And yes, I think the youth movement and talented acquisitions that have taken place over the past few months has this team moving in the right direction. I believe that there is a lot of excitement building around this team for the next few years and until we find that QB that has eluded the Bills for so many years, it will never transpire into something special.

I really want to believe that we have one of these gems in camp but something just tells me Bills fans will  still be waiting for THAT guy. Any other choice but Losman to start this season will truly tell me that there is a bunch of garbage behind center. That being said, cummon JP it is NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!

734472[/snapback]

Shhh...

I really want to believe that we have one of these gems in camp but something just tells me Bills fans will  still be waiting for THAT guy. Any other choice but Losman to start this season will truly tell me that there is a bunch of garbage behind center. That being said, cummon JP it is NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!

734472[/snapback]

No, its not now or never. He has one season under his belt, and no matter how many times ESPN says that its a league that focuses on now, its not true.

JP will take around 5 years to develop- if he proves good enough. and he should get that time

It's funny how every other QB gets a couple of seasons to develop (Brees, Palmer, Pennington, etc.) but J.P. Losman has to win a Super Bowl yesterday or else he's a bust.

PTR

734497[/snapback]

Plamer sat one year, started the next and played well his first year starting and played very well last year, his third year in the league and his second as the starter. No one is suggesting that JP had to make it to the pro bowl his first or second years or even this year. I do think however that he has to have a good year this year and show marked improvement as compared to last year. By asking that, we are asking no more from him than was asked of Palmer.

Really, if JP finishes this year with the same level of performance as he did last year, I guarantee that we will all be advocating that Marv consider another option or at least have a "plan B".

Plamer sat one year, started the next and played well his first year starting and played very well last year, his third year in the league and his second as the starter.  No one is suggesting that JP had to make it to the pro bowl his first or second years or even this year.  I do think however that he has to have a good year this year and show marked improvement as compared to last year.  By asking that, we are asking no more from him than was asked of Palmer.

Really, if JP finishes this year with the same level of performance as he did last year, I guarantee that we will all be advocating that Marv consider another option or at least have a "plan B".

734554[/snapback]

I agree - substantial improvement must be seen on JP this year to validate him as a work in progress. Playoffs are a pipedream, but asking JP to prove that he deserves more time is not......

Plamer sat one year, started the next and played well his first year starting

734554[/snapback]

You mean in '04? When in his first 9 games starting Palmer tossed 7 TD's and 12 INT's? And a lot of bengal fans were screaming for his head because they had kitna.

But they smartly stuck with him for A FULL SEASON (he missed the last 3 games due to injury), and in his final 4 games started, palmer tossed 11 TD's and 6 INT's to finish with a respectable 18TD - 18INT.

Sounds a bit like JP, huh? Terrible first 4 games, and a much improved final 4 games. Maybe we need to see what hes got over a FULL SEASON, not just the random game here or there.

I agree - substantial improvement must be seen on JP this year to validate him as a work in progress. Playoffs are a pipedream, but asking JP to prove that he deserves more time is not......

734559[/snapback]

yep, in his 2nd year, and his second offense.

If JP is a bust, then he's a bust. Won't be the first for this team, won't be the last. Won't be the end of the world if he is either. But at least give him a chance, this team isn't going anywhere this year, let him play. If he really sucks this year & doesn't show any improvement or upside, then cut your losses & move on.

I would just like to point out that Mike Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Payton Manning, little brother Manning, Drew Bledsoe, Brett Farve...and on and on and on....

Are probably ALL making an inaccurate throw here or there in training camp....

Just like to point that out.....

OK....back to the regularly scheduled program of "Our QB's SUCK"

If JP is a bust, then he's a bust. Won't be the first for this team, won't be the last. Won't be the end of the world if he is either. But at least give him a chance,  this team isn't going anywhere this year, let him play. If he really sucks this year & doesn't show any improvement or upside, then cut your losses & move on.

734571[/snapback]

If we stick with him and he flops then it will play into our rebuilding for future years by supplying another high draft pick next year. If he turns it around by the end of the year, we're also in decent shape for next year. The only way we shoot ourselves is by not finding out if JP is going to emerge, or by making him the starter when he's clearly inferior, thus losing the confidence and committment of the rest of the team.

734559[/snapback]

That's all I am saying. That and I was hoping he would perform better than he has so far in camp. I am looking forward to reading the first camp report that raves about what a great day JP had in practice. It'll happen.

Losman has had some good practices at camp and some not so good practices. I think it's too early to give up on him. If he can't do mit, I'm afraid Buffalo really doesn't have an adequate Plan B though.