Camp notes - 8/2 am session

The defense is still way ahead of the offense. I only was there for 11 on 11 and 2-minute segments, but I saw 4 interceptions and a couple of bat-downs, plus plenty of pressure from the d-line. Jabari Greer took one all the way back. Kelly Holcomb ended his 2-minute drill by throwing a pick in the end zone. The session ended before JP could get much going on his drill.

One receiver did stand out - Peerless Price. He caught everything thrown his way. I noticed however that after his last play he walked over to the O side, kneeled down with head down and stayed there for a good couple of minutes. Several players asked if he was OK. He looked whipped.

Lee Evans stayed on the ground for a few seconds after diving for a poorly thrown ball, but got up and jogged back - may have banged a shoulder.

Matt Bowen had a beautiful breakup of a deep sideline pass which looked like it had been caught by Chris Denney. He came over the top hard and Denney dropped it.

As for the QBs, the word remains "inconsistent". Both looked good at times and both threw some head-scratchers. Today was QB day in the Kids Autograph tent too, and they were swamped.

They practiced on the furthest grass field, which meant the spectators got to sit in the shade under the trees on that side. Thanks, guys!

I don't know if I've ever seen someone sweat as much as Willis was after he ran his post-practice sprints. Yuck!

Several people didn't get the news about the change in start time and were just arriving at 12:45. I felt bad for them.

Pictures coming soon!!!

Thanks for the update, Jay.  Seeing them practice in person, do you get a sense as to whether one of the QBs has the upper hand right now?

733658[/snapback]

Nope. So far from what I've seen neither is, as Jauron had hoped "separating himself through competition".

JP moves better and throws a better ball, Holcomb has a better head. That being said, will Holcomb ever get a better arm or start moving better? Nope. But JP does have a chance to get a better head if he plays. To me... if JP survives the preseason uninjured he starts.

Nope.  So far from what I've seen neither is, as Jauron had hoped "separating himself through competition". 

JP moves better and throws a better ball, Holcomb has a better head.  That being said, will Holcomb ever get a better arm or start moving better?  Nope.  But JP does have a chance to get a better head if he plays.  To me... if JP survives the preseason uninjured he starts.

733718[/snapback]

Makes sense to me.

What about the receivers? How does Price look? I still don't think I've heard anyone mention Everett's name either. How's the line holding up against our D?

733887[/snapback]

Based on all the reports from the camp, it looks like Price is having a very

good camp and should be a lock on the 2nd WR spot. Looks like he is

very comfortable in this offense and will be a complimentary threat to

Evans...

If Evans, Price and Parrish line up, it should be quite exciting.....All three are

capable of running reverses, or stretching the field or be able to run in

open field. The question is can the OL and the QBs deliver.....

It is interesting that so much was made out of Martin Nance before the camp

and we haven't heard a single word about Nance from the camp reports....

Based on all the reports from the camp, it looks like Price is having a very

good camp and should be a lock on the 2nd WR spot.  Looks like he is

very comfortable in this offense and will be a  complimentary threat to

Evans...

733907[/snapback]

I have reached the point now where I hope Price has an excellent year. I am so tired of reading all the expert analysts sarcastically point out that the best thing we did all offseason was bring Price back.