Camp notes - 8/2 am session

If Evans, Price and Parrish line up, it should be quite exciting.....All three are

capable of running reverses, or  stretching the field or be able to run in

open field.  The question is can the OL and the QBs deliver.....

733907[/snapback]

The thimg I am salivating for is actually to see us go empty backfield with Reed also on the field.

Evans, Price and Parrish have enough speed that I see the only way a team can cover them is to go with the zone. If the QB makes the read that one of these players is singled up then he simply lets it go on a fly pattern to them and they will need to run under the ball as they look to outrun the defender.

If Reed is as smart as Tyke Tolbert is foaming at the mouth about him in saying, if its a zone Reed will then get to use the skills gained from being a 4 year vet with a good brain to find the seams in the short zone and make a catch on a quick throw and then run after the catch.

If these three guys are all doing well (this is the second or third good Price remarks I've hear, Parrish got good marks once or twice in my reading and I saw Evabs shiw tremendous concentration and great hands making a catch of a tipped ball yeaterday, it will do a lot to help the OL and QB as the Bills game will be the quick pass to a WR who breaks off the route short or lets a single covered WR run under the pass. Brad Johnson did a lot for the play of Bryant McKinnie last year because a scrambler like Culpepper forced the OL to hold the blocks too long.