No more throwback uni's

I sent an e-mail to AskChris@Bills.NFL.net asking about the status of the '65 throwback uni's for this season. He replied saying they were a one-shot deal for the 40th anniversery of the AFC champion Bills.

Boy, how much money did they spend on them (new helmets too! not cheap.) and they toss them after two outings??? I'm reminded back when all the NFL teams wore throwbacks for one year, Ralph Wilson didn't want to spend a ton of cash, so he had stickers of the standing white buffalo slapped on our red helmets! Remember those? THAT was suposed to be our throwbacks!! The Bills NEVER wore red helmets with a standing white buffalo, yet there they were, representing the "throwback" Bills! Same jerseys, but with the standing white Buffalo stickers.

Just like fans are revoilting over the Sabres alleged new logo, we ought to let Marv know we want to see more of the '65 throwbacks!

PTR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent an e-mail to AskChris@Bills.NFL.net asking about the status of the '65 throwback uni's for this season.  He replied saying they were a one-shot deal for the 40th anniversery of the AFC champion Bills.

Boy, how much money did they spend on them (new helmets too! not cheap.) and they toss them after two outings???  I'm reminded back when all the NFL teams wore throwbacks for one year, Ralph Wilson didn't want to spend a ton of cash, so he had stickers of the standing white buffalo slapped on our red helmets!  Remember those?  THAT was suposed to be our throwbacks!!  The Bills NEVER wore red helmets with a standing white buffalo, yet there they were, representing the "throwback" Bills!  Same jerseys, but with the standing white Buffalo stickers.

Just like fans are revoilting over the Sabres alleged new logo, we ought to let Marv know we want to see more of the '65 throwbacks!

PTR

721509[/snapback]

I doubt that they will go to waste. They will probably be turned into memrobilia or something. You know that game worn signed by Lee Evans for $400. Thats how they will get that cash back. Anyway I like the throwback jerseys I have a Willis one autographed for $220 not bad...the friggin framing wasnt cheap either.

I sent an e-mail to AskChris@Bills.NFL.net asking about the status of the '65 throwback uni's for this season.  He replied saying they were a one-shot deal for the 40th anniversery of the AFC champion Bills.

Boy, how much money did they spend on them (new helmets too! not cheap.) and they toss them after two outings???  I'm reminded back when all the NFL teams wore throwbacks for one year, Ralph Wilson didn't want to spend a ton of cash, so he had stickers of the standing white buffalo slapped on our red helmets!  Remember those?  THAT was suposed to be our throwbacks!!  The Bills NEVER wore red helmets with a standing white buffalo, yet there they were, representing the "throwback" Bills!  Same jerseys, but with the standing white Buffalo stickers.

PTR

721509[/snapback]

You're on your own. Those throwbacks were ugly.

i dont know if id trust Chris Brown. anyone hear how he pronounces Angelo Crowell on the BB.com video?

he refers to his as angelo *kroll*

721535[/snapback]

shame on me:

Full name - Angelo Delvonne Crowell…last name pronounced "crow-ELL" (rhymes with "noel"

i guess that is how its pronounced. i always though it was CROW-ell

I find this hard to believe.  I mean they are still using them for promotions and stuff.  McGee wore his to the unveiling of his artwork.

721553[/snapback]

Just reporting what Chris said. Who knows? Maybe the Bills plan to switch to those uni's and just want to keep it secret. But considering Chris' inside position with the team, his word is credible.

PTR