short lesson for negative nancys

AJ1

Synergism is defined as the combined effects are greater than the individual effects because of the nature of the interaction of the component agents.

Applied to the Bills case, suppose the QB, the OL, the RB, the WRs, and the TE all became incrementally better. Say 5% better individually. The offense becomes more than 25% better...the number can't be predicted but a 50% gain in efficiency is not out of the question. This is the reason why teams 'come out of nowhere' to become contenders. Because it really can't be quantified, your run of the mill 'experts' ignores it; it is the main reason they're wrong about 50% of the time.

The added bonus for the improving team, since football is really a zero-sum game, is the improvements come at the expense of the opponents. So there is a multiplyer effect also.

This is why, before the actual games begin, I'm always an optimist, especially coming off of bad seasons, as long as changes are made.

'Synergy' is a bullsh-- word used by people who refuse to acknowledge that every part of success comes from hard work and knowing what you're doing. And it was mostly used by executives of companies no longer in business.

Sorry, but something can't come from nothing. The whole cannot be more than the sum of the parts.

We had to go old-school to get a GM & Coach who finally realize that.

The whole cannot be more than the sum of the parts.

717862[/snapback]

I figured you wouldn't have been able to miss seeing the Patriots for the past 5 or so years considering where you live but it seems you have :o

'Synergy' is a bullsh-- word used by people who refuse to acknowledge that every part of success comes from hard work and knowing what you're doing. And it was mostly used by executives of companies no longer in business.

Oh come on; everyone knows that the value proposition for the 2006 season comes from understanding the mission critical success factors for the team and getting the players focused on their core competencies using a best practices approach. At the end of the day, this is how the Bills can create a win-win senario for the season.

We had to go old-school to get a GM & Coach who finally realize that.

717862[/snapback]

DAMN old......borderline DEAD school.

Synergism is defined as the combined effects are greater than the individual effects because of the nature of the interaction of the component agents.

Applied to the Bills case, suppose the QB, the OL, the RB, the WRs, and the TE all became incrementally better.  Say 5% better individually.  The offense becomes more than 25% better...the number can't be predicted but a 50% gain in efficiency is not out of the question.  This is the reason why teams 'come out of nowhere' to become contenders.  Because it really can't be quantified, your run of the mill 'experts' ignores it; it is the main reason they're wrong about 50% of the time.

The added bonus for the improving team, since football is really a zero-sum game, is the improvements come at the expense of the opponents.  So there is a multiplyer effect also.

This is why, before the actual games begin, I'm always an optimist, especially coming off of bad seasons, as long as changes are made.

717783[/snapback]

Okay, but 150% of 0 is still 0.

Oh come on;  everyone knows that the value proposition for the 2006 season comes from understanding the mission critical success factors for the team and getting the players focused on their core competencies using a best practices approach.  At the end of the day, this is how the Bills can create a win-win senario for the season.

717948[/snapback]

You forgot "paradigm."

:o

Applied to the Bills case, suppose the QB, the OL, the RB, the WRs, and the TE all became incrementally better.  Say 5% better individually.  The offense becomes more than 25% better

717783[/snapback]

How exactly does one measure how much better someone has gotten at football? Does the metric system cover that?

You forgot "paradigm."

717959[/snapback]

Krusty: So he's proactive, huh?

Lady: Oh, God, yes. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.

Writer: Excuse me, but 'proactive' and 'paradigm'? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that. .....[pause]..... I'm fired, aren't I?

Myers: Oh, yes! - The rest of you writers start thinking up a name for this funky dog; I dunno, something along the line of say... Poochie, only more proactive.

thought i'd ping on you and let you know if i wanted to read about stuff like synergy i could have just gone to work.

we can add this to our lessons learned. on days such as today and tomorrow my mission statement is "I did nothing, absolutely nothing. and it was everything i thought it could be"

anyone else wanna contribute some overused buzzwords?

Looks like there may be scope creep along the critical path of this thread. Might need to establish a focus group to look into the feasibility of initiating a task force to use industry best practices to implement a proactive synergy.

Applied to the Bills case, suppose the QB, the OL, the RB, the WRs, and the TE all became incrementally better.  Say 5% better individually.  The offense becomes more than 25% better...the number can't be predicted but a 50% gain in efficiency is not out of the question.  This is the reason why teams 'come out of nowhere' to become contenders.  Because it really can't be quantified, your run of the mill 'experts' ignores it; it is the main reason they're wrong about 50% of the time.

The added bonus for the improving team, since football is really a zero-sum game, is the improvements come at the expense of the opponents.  So there is a multiplyer effect also.

717783[/snapback]

Your entire argument is based on assumptions that make no sense.

thought i'd ping on you and let you know if i wanted to read about stuff like synergy i could have just gone to work.

we can add this to our lessons learned.  on days such as today and tomorrow my mission statement is "I did nothing, absolutely nothing.  and it was everything i thought it could be"

anyone else wanna contribute some overused buzzwords?

718072[/snapback]

I don't really feel like thinking outside the box on this one.

Oh come on;  everyone knows that the value proposition for the 2006 season comes from understanding the mission critical success factors for the team and getting the players focused on their core competencies using a best practices approach.  At the end of the day, this is how the Bills can create a win-win senario for the season.

717948[/snapback]

What's the net-net?