Do you read long posts?

I can get long winded at times. I know others that make my posts look like cliff notes. What's your take on long posts?

I usually try and read them but give up quickly if I'm not interested.

717380[/snapback]

same way. i like short posts that get to the point.

I think long posts can reflect a lot of thought on a subject. But, the idea here is to communicate with each other, not to give a lecture, even if you are an expert. I say, take only a couple "steps" at a time, and if anyone is responding, keep the dance going.

I'd love to have a beer with a sevant who remembers every game perfectly and everything he's seen or heard about the Bills, but not if it means that I first need to hear a 2-hour monologue before I can join the conversation (my beer long since gone).

I read about the first two sentences of looong posts. Depending on the topic, depending on the poster, depending on the quality of writing/argument.... depending on the blurriness of my eyes.... I read on.

If you're referencing BarryBrady/FakeFatSunny/PyriteGal, my rule of thumb is to just skip it and then if anyone quotes part of it I'll read that. All of the fuggin typos (often not small things, e.g. 'erl' when the word should be 'real' :rolleyes: You spend 5 seconds/per trying to fill in the correct word) and his finding 50 ways to say the Same. Damn. Thing. hurt my brain. If he had any ability to edit, I'd have no problem, but as he has said, he's not interested in that.

some people just like to hear themselves talk . type a lot of words that could have been said in a lot less space .i belive they think that they know more and that is why they do it . :rolleyes:

I think the only TBD'er whose posts I'll read even though they're long is Johnny Coli. I'll read a FFS post unless I start seeing numbered headings (which is lke 50% of the time lol), then I pass on it and hope that someone else actually read the whole thing and then quoted the relevant point in their response :rolleyes:

I think the only TBD'er whose posts I'll read even though they're long is Johnny Coli. I'll read a FFS post unless I start seeing numbered headings (which is lke 50% of the time lol), then I pass on it and hope that someone else actually read the whole thing and then quoted the relevant point in their response  :rolleyes:

717404[/snapback]

When I first opened this thread my answer would have been "never read long posts", but you reminded me of Johnny Coli....I always read his American Idol reviews. :pirate:

Whne I first opened this thread my answer would have been "never read long posts", but you reminded me of Johnny Coli....I always read his American Idol reviews.  :pirate:

717410[/snapback]

Yep, his are usually good for some laughs.....and I can always go for a piece on "tard ball" :rolleyes:

I only read long posts if there are no kickball "matches" to cure my insomnia.

717416[/snapback]

:rolleyes: bastid!!

rarely