*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

Perhaps that's because kickball is so complex that there isn't room left over in the minds of "fans" for such trivial detail.  Thanks for the explanation, though (because I was really wondering :doh:).

720876[/snapback]

Seems as though you keep posting in this thread even though you don't give a !@#$. Thank you for giving us unworthy something to be happy about. :blink:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems as though you keep posting in this thread even though you don't give a !@#$. 

Is this thing on?

Perhaps your mastery of the American language isn't as good as your "surrender monkey" but in no way does ripping something constantly translate into caring about it. You watch kickball, I blast people who watch kickball. Both are pretty much a waste of time, but fun in their own way to the individual perpetrator.

Thank you for giving us unworthy something to be happy about.  :doh:

720939[/snapback]

No problem. We noblemen need to toss a bone to the serfs on occasion, for the cause.

and yet another excuse for people to whine.

if marco did say something racially motivated, than what better way to show him up but to win the title and hold the beloved world cup. 

screw Zidane.

720772[/snapback]

The story being reported on ITV news (UK) is that Materazzi said to Zidane "I slept with your mother last night", followed by "Your mother is an Algerian whore". Given that Zidane's mother is ill at the moment, I can understand to a certain degree why he did what he did (assuming that the report is accurate). Of course, he would have been far wiser to keep his cool and not react during the match (he can nut him after the game is over :doh: ).

The story being reported on ITV news (UK) is that Materazzi said to Zidane "I slept with your mother last night", followed by "Your mother is an Algerian whore". Given that Zidane's mother is ill at the moment, I can understand to a certain degree why he did what he did (assuming that the report is accurate). Of course, he would have been far wiser to keep his cool and not react during the match (he can nut him after the game is over  :doh:  ).

720982[/snapback]

Zidane has 11 straight reds in his career. Not to mention when he stamped on that Saudi players leg a while back.

Materazzi is no angel, but neither is Zizou.

American language?

Too funny. Think about that.  :blink:

Usted habla español? :doh:

720992[/snapback]

American english is very complex, regional and can be quite foreign. Check out this PBS documentary- its fascinating! Its on PBS time to time. The host drives the perimeter of the USA from Maine to the South, to Mississippi, to border downs in Texas, to surf towns in Cali, etc-

Do you speak American?

Zidane has 11 straight reds in his career.  Not to mention when he stamped on that Saudi players leg a while back.

Materazzi is no angel, but neither is Zizou.

720983[/snapback]

Never said he was.

The british tabs are also saying he said “son of a terrorist whore” or “I hope your mother dies a terrible death”. Either way, I believe the tide will quickly turn and Materazzi and the Italians will go down as the bad guys in this drama. Outside of Italy you won’t find anyone who will support them. Everyone will say “Zidane should have kept his cool, but I can see why he did it”. This thing will grow and Zidane will be the good guy in this one.

At the same time – the piece of sh*t derossa made it back to score a PK in this game. In my mind he is worse than Zidane – a completely unprovoked elbow to the head. Zidane was provoked to some extent and did what he did right in front of the world for all to see.

American english is very complex, regional and can be quite foreign.  Check out this PBS documentary- its fascinating!  Its on PBS time to time.  The host drives the perimeter of the USA from Maine to the South, to Mississippi, to border downs in Texas, to surf towns in Cali, etc-

Do you speak American?

720996[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I dont understand. :doh:

Yeah, the American language.  I've been to England - we don't speak English.  When I call you a fag, I'm not talking about a cigarette.

721003[/snapback]

Yeah, I've been to England too. Sounds like Your Twig and berries are in a snag. :doh:

The british tabs are also saying he  said “son of a terrorist whore” or “I hope your mother dies a terrible death”. Either way,  I believe the tide will quickly turn and Materazzi and the Italians will go down as the bad guys in this drama. Outside of Italy you won’t find anyone who will support them.  Everyone will say “Zidane should have kept his cool, but I can see why he did it”. This thing will grow and Zidane will be the good guy in this one.

At the same time – the piece of sh*t derossa made it back to score a PK in this game. In my mind he is worse than Zidane – a completely unprovoked elbow to the head. Zidane was provoked to some extent and did what he did right in front of the world for all to see.

720998[/snapback]

Was Totti provoked when he spit on Poulsen in 2004? Did anyone rush to defend him... no.

De Rossi apologized to McBride after the game. He even wrote a letter to Fifa apologizing for his disgusting behavior. Zidane on the other hand will come out and have a press conference saying that Materazzi said "dirty whore skank etc".

Noone will believe Materazzi and the public will take Zidanes side.

Everyone forgives Zidanes "character" because of his skill. He's got a very bad temper and it was obvious when he played for Real Madrid.

Screw the rest of the world, had it been Materazzi who attacked Zidane, he would have already been judged.

AJ, I'll up it to, $1000. Do it, Do it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

721010[/snapback]

*finger on button* :doh::doh:

Congrats Meazza. Being Italian too I was rooting for them. I didn't watch the final match however because

soccer sucks. :doh:

American english is very complex, regional and can be quite foreign.  Check out this PBS documentary- its fascinating!  Its on PBS time to time.  The host drives the perimeter of the USA from Maine to the South, to Mississippi, to border downs in Texas, to surf towns in Cali, etc-

Do you speak American?

720996[/snapback]

That is an interesting documentary! Never knew we had an Pacific Northwest "accent." :doh:

De Rossi apologized to McBride after the game.

oh, well in that case everything is ok. :doh: You don't think perhaps all those apologies and the letter to fifa was so he didn't get a 5 game suspension instead of a 4 game suspension? You have to be joking me.

Fact was it was an A1 cheap shot and no amount of apologies can take that back. Ron artest apologized too, does that make it ok?

Zidane SHOULDN'T apologize if anything even remotely close to that was said to him.