*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

Is this thread the largest ever? I remember the honda thread was supposed to conquer this one, for whatever reason it dissappeared :lol:

720273[/snapback]

If this thread is even close to the longest ever, it's only cause most of the REALLY good ones end up getting closed lol......My personal favorite is still the b.harami meltdown thread, and I think that one got closed....but it could have kept going quite easily :D

This thread is relatively cordial, if Meazza would just quit pissing everyone off :devil:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this thread is even close to the longest ever, it's only cause most of the REALLY good ones end up getting closed lol......My personal favorite is still the b.harami meltdown thread, and I think that one got closed....but it could have kept going quite easily :D 

This thread is relatively cordial, if Meazza would just quit pissing everyone off  :devil:

720287[/snapback]

I remember that one.

There's the baseball one, still up in that forum , I think that's that the rettata one.

Erynthered, threw some shots in this one that I thought would send it to civil war, but you guys managed to hang on :lol:

Erynthered, threw some shots in this one that I thought would send it to civil war, but you guys managed to hang on :lol:

720288[/snapback]

LOL....yeah, we've weathered the storm of a few people :D I'm just glad none of us drives a Fit :devil:

LOL....yeah, we've weathered the storm of a few people :lol:  I'm just glad none of us drives a Fit  :devil:

720298[/snapback]

I remember the one about Ed's girlfriend. I wasn't a member at the time but you had sent me a link to it. Soon after I joined TBD. :D

I remember the one about Ed's girlfriend.  I wasn't a member at the time but you had sent me a link to it.  Soon after I joined TBD.  :devil:

720306[/snapback]

Ah, yes...the thread that started Ed down the path to being the legendary gay-ass Fit driver (but with the sport package!) that he is today.

(Note to Ed: "Gay-ass" applies to the car, not you. "Sasquatchian ass" applies to you. Gay-ass Honda Fit...Sasquatchian-ass Ed.)

11 hours and 30 minutes...

720324[/snapback]

I hope France goes up 1-0....that will make things much more interesting :devil:

I hope France goes up 1-0....that will make things much more interesting  :devil:

720328[/snapback]

It will most likely open up the game, but I will be in cardiac arrest and unable to appreciate it.

It will most likely open up the game, but I will be in cardiac arrest and unable to appreciate it.

720329[/snapback]

:devil:

IF les Bleus were to go up 1--0 early, then there would be 50 million French fans looking for their cardiac meds since Barthez is in Goal..

and replay in FIFA ?? I can't see it...As a referee, I can not see how it could be implemented....There is no timeout or other stoppage....How could a coach 'challenge" a call...

9 more hours,.....

720329[/snapback]

Two more hours Meazza...Two more hours..Are you doing OK??

I am listening to XM radio and the callers are even split between France and Italy...

I called in ..and got through ...but had to vote quickly as I am at work, supposedly working...

Two more hours Meazza...Two more hours..Are you doing OK??

I am listening to XM radio and the callers are even split between France and Italy...

I called in ..and got through ...but had to vote quickly as I am at work, supposedly working...

720367[/snapback]

I'm alright. I just went for breakfast with some of my friends. Saw the possibility of playing with 3 attackers. Alex Del P, Totti and Toni. We will see.

I put all my faith in Lippi

Hope he doesn't let me down./

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR FRANCE:

Although many people dislike the French, unless you are Italian you should be rooting for France. Here is why:

1) The Italian penchant for diving. They are on top of the world as far as faking injuries and taking dives. Nothing is more annoying than this.

2) Italian Soccer Scandal: Italian Soccer is currently in the midst of a huge scandal that at least calls into question the integrity of their soccer leagues and management. The Italian goalkeeper and a few others have been accused of betting on games within the league. Imagine if Brian Cashman was found out to have been requesting (and getting) certain referees for Yankees games, and Roger Clemens was found out to have been betting on MLB games on a regular basis. Don't put anything past these people.

3) The single biggest cheap shot in this world cup was an elbow to the head of a US player by the Italians.

4) If Italy wins, every greasy haired guido who has made fun of soccer for the last 3.95 years will be all excited talking about how great their team did.

WHY YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR FRANCE:

Although many people dislike the French, unless you are Italian you should be rooting for France. Here is why:

1) The Italian penchant for diving. They are on top of the world as far as faking injuries and taking dives. Nothing is more annoying than this.

2) Italian Soccer Scandal: Italian Soccer is currently in the midst of a huge scandal that at least calls into question the integrity of their soccer leagues and management. The Italian goalkeeper and a few others have been accused of betting on games within the league. Imagine if Brian Cashman  was found out to have been requesting (and getting) certain referees for Yankees games, and Roger Clemens was found out to have been betting on MLB games on a regular basis. Don't put anything past these people.

3) The single biggest cheap shot in this world cup was an elbow to the head of a US player by the Italians.

4) If Italy wins, every greasy haired guido who has made fun of soccer for the last 3.95 years will be all excited talking about how great their team did.

720393[/snapback]

:devil::lol:

VIVA LA FRENCHY FISHES!! TO HELL WITH THE GREASY HAIRED GUIDO'S!! :P:D