*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

So 50/50 calls are OK?

Your argument is weak. You're defending shiity play call.  And you've done that throughout most of this thread. Please don't make me call you an  idiot.

720248[/snapback]

Calm down, you're acting like a baby :devil::lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a penalty kick, but the No-goal in the France - Korea match had the potential to upset a team that is now playing in the final. Ended in a 1-1 tie rather than a 2-1 victory.

The Korean keeper was inside the goal by a step and the ball bounced off his hand that was at his side. On replay, the ball had crossed the line, yet it happened so fast on the field that everybody was standing around with a :devil: expression and then play resumed.

720247[/snapback]

That's a great example....i forgot about that.

And I'm glad to see tennis using that system....I've seen the ball tracker thing during replays on the broadcast, but they obviously weren't officially in use. Tennis is a perfect sport for that sort of technology. Of course, I used to always love watching Johnny Mac throw himself into a tirade, have them rule against him anyway, and then be steaming the rest of the match....that was good stuff :lol:

And I'm glad to see tennis using that system....I've seen the ball tracker thing during replays on the broadcast, but they obviously weren't officially in use. Tennis is a perfect sport for that sort of technology. Of course, I used to always love watching Johnny Mac throw himself into a tirade, have them rule against him anyway, and then be steaming the rest of the match....that was good stuff :devil:

720252[/snapback]

There's been talk in soccer about putting a chip in the ball. Then again, there's been talk of doing that for a lot of sports --- hockey, baseball, and football (where I think it would make the most sense, it being a game of less-than-inches).

Calm down, you're acting like a baby  :devil:  :P

720250[/snapback]

No need to calm down, ludes kicked in about an hour ago. :lol:

I still say,

Your argument is weak. You're defending shiity play call. And you've done that throughout most of this thread. Please don't make me call you an idiot.

And 50/50 calls are OK?

Ok, I give up. You're an idiot. :D

And I'm glad to see tennis using that system....I've seen the ball tracker thing during replays on the broadcast, but they obviously weren't officially in use. Tennis is a perfect sport for that sort of technology. Of course, I used to always love watching Johnny Mac throw himself into a tirade, have them rule against him anyway, and then be steaming the rest of the match....that was good stuff :devil:

720252[/snapback]

I miss watching Johnny Mac. :lol:

need to calm down, ludes kicked in about an hour ago. :devil:

:lol: I asked the chef about what ludes are like, and he wasn't telling.

So I ask you erynthered these ludes any good and what do they do?

Hey, thats my second post in this dead sea scrolls on soccer :D

:devil:

Whatever gave you that impression?

No, stiff-upper-lip and keep-the-bats-in-the-belfry WASP New Englander.

720258[/snapback]

I got that impression from the Gaza strip thread you started.

Anyways it doesn't matter.

No need to calm down, ludes kicked in about an hour ago. 

I still say,

Your argument is weak. You're defending shiity play call. And you've done that throughout most of this thread. Please don't make me call you an idiot.

And 50/50 calls are OK?

Ok, I give up. You're an idiot.

I'm not defending sh------- play call. There are calls that even with instant replay, they would still be tough to tell if it was a dive or foul. That is a 50/50 call.

Anyways I don't think FIFA will ever implement instant replay.

need to calm down, ludes kicked in about an hour ago. :devil:

:lol: I asked the chef about what ludes are like, and he wasn't telling.

So I ask you erynthered these ludes any good and what do they do?

Hey, thats my second post in this dead sea scrolls on soccer :P

720262[/snapback]

Its generally a figure of speech. But, in tonight's case, I had to take one, reading meazza's posts sent me into a 50/50 tail spin. Its a soothing drug. Goes great with a Merlot. :D

I got that impression from the Gaza strip thread you started.

Goes to show that one shouldn't make presumptions of nationality based on an ascribation that any nation has the right and duty to protect itself when it's being attacked and its citizens held hostage, regardless of what the UN might say about it from their ivory tower.

Anyways I don't think FIFA will ever implement instant replay.

720264[/snapback]

No, prol'y not.

Rum

|

|

|

|

|

Coke

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

:D

720269[/snapback]

lol....so much for that! :devil::lol:

So 50/50 calls are OK?

Your argument is weak. You're defending shiity play call.  And you've done that throughout most of this thread. Please don't make me call you an  idiot.

720248[/snapback]

This is meazza, though. His definition of a 50/50 call is probably "a call that would go in Italy's favor 95% of the time".

And call him an idiot. Go ahead. He likes it. :devil: Even if you don't, he's going to act like you did...friggin' Italians, always diving...mother!@#$ing genius, I tell you...

Is this thread the largest ever? I remember the honda thread was supposed to conquer this one, for whatever reason it dissappeared :devil:

720273[/snapback]

Pretty close. I think it's passed the TracyLee/BF "DVD burning is illegal but not enforcable, hence legal if someone throws a cup at Ron Artest" train wreck...

Ed's Fit thread disappeared because...well, I don't know, but it's been suggested that it's because Ed couldn't take the heat any longer. That he also bought a gay car is not considered coincidental... :lol:

This is meazza, though.  His definition of a 50/50 call is probably "a call that would go in Italy's favor 95% of the time".

And call him an idiot.  Go ahead.  He likes it.  :lol:  Even if you don't, he's going to act like you did...friggin' Italians, always diving...mother!@#$ing genius, I tell you...

720277[/snapback]

Merlot out the nose, thanks. :devil:

Oh, and meazza, you're an IDIOT :D