1990 Germany 1-0 Argentine Italy

1994 Brazil 3-2 Italy USA

1998 France 3-0 Brazil France

2002 Brazil 2-0 Germany Korea/Japan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a program on Fox Soccer Channel about the 1982 Italian championship team.....they were saying how some of their players almost didn't make the team because of.....wanna guess?.....match fixing :D

Buncha cheating divers!!!

I was watching a program on Fox Soccer Channel about the 1982 Italian championship team.....they were saying how some of their players almost didn't make the team because of.....wanna guess?.....match fixing  :D

720152[/snapback]

I found a clip of Germany diving vs Italy.

And you're telling me things I knew already. They fix matches all over Europe. Where there is money there is temptation.

I was watching a program on Fox Soccer Channel about the 1982 Italian championship team.....they were saying how some of their players almost didn't make the team because of.....wanna guess?.....match fixing  :devil:

720152[/snapback]

:lol: Yeah! :P:D

I was watching a program on Fox Soccer Channel about the 1982 Italian championship team.....they were saying how some of their players almost didn't make the team because of.....wanna guess?.....match fixing  :devil:

720152[/snapback]

In 1982, AC Milan was relegated for match fixing. A couple of years later, Silvio Berlusconi bought the team and they won 5 European championships. The team consisted of Klinsmann, Matteus, Maldini and others.

It will always be like that. A big reason why I do not follow soccer as much as I follow North American sports but the WC will always be important to me.

I was watching a program on Fox Soccer Channel about the 1982 Italian championship team.....they were saying how some of their players almost didn't make the team because of.....wanna guess?.....match fixing  :lol:

720152[/snapback]

I just watched ESPN tonight. They had the "Best" divers of the World Cup. Italy took the Gold as the best divers. Also, turns out, 14 of the players on Italiass's World Cup team are from the teams that have fixed games in Italy.

Divers & Cheaters = Italy

Though, I hate France too.......... :devil:

I just watched ESPN tonight. They had the "Best" divers of the World Cup. Italy took the Gold as the best divers. Also, turns out, 14 of the players on Italiass's World Cup team are from the teams that have fixed games in Italy.

720161[/snapback]

Well said! :lol:

720161[/snapback]

To be fair, they only fix games in their own league :lol:

In 1982, AC Milan was relegated for match fixing.  A couple of years later, Silvio Berlusconi bought the team and they won 5 European championships.  The team consisted of Klinsmann, Matteus, Maldini and others. 

It will always be like that.  A big reason why I do not follow soccer as much as I follow North American sports but the WC will always be important to me.

720160[/snapback]

When you say "European Championships" are you talking about the Champions League?

Yes

720168[/snapback]

If they didn't have Klinsmann they'd have only won one of them :devil:

I saw some of those diving clips on ESPN a few mins ago, too..... C. Ronaldo is a big sloppy kitty. And I don't care if it "works" from time to time or not, there's no way I'd be diving if I were playing.....I want to win the match because we were the better side....not because we had to basically LIE our way into a penalty kick. That's BOLLOCKS!! (sorry, been watching a lot of English stuff lately)

If they didn't have Klinsmann they'd have only won one of them  :devil:

I saw some of those diving clips on ESPN a few mins ago, too..... C. Ronaldo is a big sloppy kitty. And I don't care if it "works" from time to time or not, there's no way I'd be diving if I were playing.....I want to win the match because we were the better side....not because we had to basically LIE our way into a penalty kick. That's BOLLOCKS!!  (sorry, been watching a lot of English stuff lately)

720170[/snapback]

Stop complaining. Every team does it. If FIFA has such a problem against it, be more harsh to the players that do it. You're a player, you'll use every advantage you can get.

Stop complaining.  Every team does it.  If FIFA has such a problem against it, be more harsh to the players that do it.  You're a player, you'll use every advantage you can get.

720172[/snapback]

bull sh--....they need to start using replay, and whenever there is doubt about a foul inside the box, they should replay it to be CERTAIN. I don't care as much about free kicks outside the box, but it should be the AUSSIES in the finals tomorrow!!!! :devil:

bull sh--....they need to start using replay, and whenever there is doubt about a foul inside the box, they should replay it to be CERTAIN. I don't care as much about free kicks outside the box, but it should be the AUSSIES in the finals tomorrow!!!!  :devil:

720173[/snapback]

They have instant replay in the NFL and they still manage to !@#$ up half the calls.

Same goes with hockey.

FIFA reviewed the penalty against Australia. Said it was fair. Gus Hiddink could kiss my ass.

They have instant replay in the NFL and they still manage to !@#$ up half the calls.

Same goes with hockey.

FIFA reviewed the penalty against Australia.  Said it was fair.  Gus Hiddink could kiss my ass.

720174[/snapback]

We should be firin' up some Kangaroo on the barbie right about now!!!! No worries, though.....the Azzuri are going to get a big dose of one Mr. Thierry Henry tomorrow....he's gonna LIGHT 'EM UP!

We should be firin' up some Kangaroo on the barbie right about now!!!!  No worries, though.....the Azzuri are going to get a big dose of one Mr. Thierry Henry tomorrow....he's gonna LIGHT 'EM UP!

720175[/snapback]

we'll see :devil:

To be fair, they only fix games in their own league  :lol:

720164[/snapback]

:P:lol:

To be fair??? :D

So cheating is OK, in their own league? And they'd never do it in the WC?

Those 14 players should have been banned from the WC. Though, I think the whole game reeks of corruption. Mayber they should hire Kofi Annen to run the WC. :devil:

And WTF, is with the 3 place game?? If the NFL did that shiit, I'd never watch football again.

:D  :P

To be fair??? :lol:

Those 14 players should have been banned from the WC. Though, I think the whole game reeks of corruption. Mayber they should hire Kofi Annen to run the WC. :devil:

And WTF, is with the 3 place game?? If the NFL did that shiit, I'd never watch football again.

720177[/snapback]

The players didn't cheat... the owners did.

None of the players had to stand trial since they aren't involved.

Also, a lot of players from France and other WC teams play for the teams involved in the match fixing scandal. Those who are involved are banned and have already stepped down.

:D  :P

To be fair??? :lol:

720177[/snapback]

lol..

I'm not a big fan of the 3rd place match either, but it was good today cause it gave the Deutchen better "closure" on the tourney....they had a good run, and it was nice for the fans to have that a their lasting memory of this WC. It also was nice to see Portugal get spanked :lol:

The players didn't cheat... the owners did. 

None of the players had to stand trial since they aren't involved.

Also, a lot of players from France and other WC teams play for the teams involved in the match fixing scandal.  Those who are involved are banned and have already stepped down.

720178[/snapback]

And you believe the players were not involved, at all? Too funny.

14 players on Italian team, that's half there squad, um, I mean, half their divers.