*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

And you believe the players were not involved, at all? Too funny.

14 players on Italian team, that's half there squad, um, I mean, half their divers.

720184[/snapback]

Like I said, they aren't. Those who are responsible have stepped down.

Maybe if you would do some research on the scandal and not only listen to foxsportsworld or any other biased english site, you'd realize what I was saying makes sence... or maybe you're just trying to piss off the Ginni as you would say?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, they aren't.  Those who are responsible have stepped down.

Maybe if you would do some research on the scandal and not only listen to foxsportsworld or any other biased english site, you'd realize what I was saying makes sence... or maybe you're just trying to piss off the Ginni as you would say?

720185[/snapback]

You must have calluses on you refresh finger, Damn. I deleted that within 2 seconds. :D:devil:

And no, I don't have to do any more "Research" than whats been printed in the "Liberal" rag here about soccer. Do you deny that there isn't corruption in WC soccer, and the game itself? And in all the European Leagues? Would you agree its time for two Ref's? I hate watching this sport anymore. I played Hockey for over 30 years, and if one of the players EVER dove like they do in "Soccer" they'd get their asses beat. !@#$ them....

:lol:

You must have calluses on you refresh finger, Damn. I deleted that within 2 seconds.  :P  :lol:

And no, I don't have to do any more "Research" than whats been printed in the "Liberal" rag here about soccer. Do you deny that there isn't corruption in WC soccer, and the game itself? And in all the European Leagues?  Would you agree its time for two Ref's? I hate watching this sport anymore. I played Hockey for over 30 years, and if one of the players EVER dove like they do in "Soccer" they'd get their asses beat. !@#$ them....

:D

720191[/snapback]

What can you expect, i'm bored at work :devil:

I never said the leagues weren't corrupted. The domestic leagues are. It's normal. But I believe that most of the domestic leagues are corrupt, not just in Italy.

The European leagues aren't. (Champions Leagues and UEFA Cup) I have followed all of them closely and the larger European Cups just have too much money invested to gain a bad reputation and lose its followers.

It wouldn't bother me if there are more referees, I mean there are already 4 so... why not more? I tell you this, the better the referees, the less likely you will see diving or cheating. Pier Luigi Collina who is considered one of the best referees all time, never had this problem. The reason being that the players respect him. They know he is not one to be messed with.

You see less and less cheating and childish behaviour as the tournament comes to an end because better referees are put there. Rather than trying to get a representative sample of many referees around the world, take the best ones.

What can you expect, i'm bored at work  :devil:

I never said the leagues weren't corrupted.  The domestic leagues are.  It's normal.  But I believe that most of the domestic leagues are corrupt, not just in Italy. 

The European leagues aren't.  (Champions Leagues and UEFA Cup) I have followed all of them closely and the larger European Cups just have too much money invested to gain a bad reputation and lose its followers. 

It wouldn't bother me if there are more referees, I mean there are already 4 so... why not more?  I tell you this, the better the referees, the less likely you will see diving or cheating.  Pier Luigi Collina who is considered one of the best referees all time, never had this problem.  The reason being that the players respect him. They know he is not one to be messed with. 

You see less and less cheating and childish behaviour as the tournament comes to an end because better referees are put there.  Rather than trying to get a representative sample of many referees around the world, take the best ones.

720193[/snapback]

As far as the Ref's go:

In the NFL, how often do you see the Zebra's have a little pow-wow? This shiit in WC is, well, shitt.

Or in the NHL,

Or in the NBA,

Or in MLB.

If its a close call in any of these sports, they talk about it. Or have a replay. To often in Soccer, bad calls rule the day.

Those highlights of the divers I saw on ESPN, tell the tale.

Really good to see Germany about to win the 3rd place match.....they have to feel good about their tournament overall, even though the loss to Italy was heartbreaking.

Looking forward to a great match tomorrow.

720143[/snapback]

What do they get for winning the third place match? A slide to go next to the diving board at the training pool?

As far as the Ref's go:

In the NFL, how often do you see the Zebra's have a little pow-wow? This shiit in WC is, well, shitt.

Or in the NHL,

Or in the NBA,

Or in MLB.

If its a close call in any of these sports, they talk about it. Or have a replay. To often in Soccer,  bad calls rule the day.

Those highlights of the divers I saw on ESPN, tell the tale.

720195[/snapback]

Well...

In the NHL, before they went on strike, the refs never called anything :devil:

NFL- Coming from a Bills fan, absolutely no comment. The refs in the NFL IMHO are horrible. I think it reflects the fact that the rules are sometimes not clear.

NBA - I don't really know much about the NBA so I won't comment.

MLB - The officiating in the MLB is good but I have other problems with MLB that I won't get into at the moment.

I do agree that there are some bad calls that screw up a soccer game but if you followed the Germany - Italy game or the France - Portugal game, the game was ref'ed beautifully. I don't like the idea of stopping play to review it though. Once it's called, it's called.

This coming from someone who's teams have been on the end of many bad calls, I don't think you can start adding new methods of reviewing plays without drastically altering the flow of the game.

The way I see it, if people don't like it, there are plenty of other things to watch on tv.

I do agree that there are some bad calls that screw up a soccer game but if you followed the Germany - Italy game or the France - Portugal game, the game was ref'ed beautifully.  I don't like the idea of stopping play to review it though.  Once it's called, it's called.

Yeah, I have to agree with you here....I was really happy with how they called the Germay/Divers game....it got pretty physical, but they only stopped it when it was clearly a foul. All the matches should be called as well as that one....makes for much better futbal. That was a great example of how a 0-0 match can still be exciting as hell....and there really werne't even that many shots. It was just an intense struggle for control and positioning with some good opportunities here and there. I would have rather seen it go to penalty kicks, but they way it ended was pretty awesome....even though my team lost. I forget the name of the diver who had possession right near the top of the box, but he showed great patience, made a perfect pass over to Grosso (or whatever his name was), who hit a perfect shot that even Buffon wouldn't have stopped.

If its a close call in any of these sports, they talk about it. Or have a replay. To often in Soccer,  bad calls rule the day.

I agree. I like that the game is pretty much the same now as it was decades ago, but I'm all in favor of using technology if it helps get rid of a problem....and the diving thing is an embarrassment, IMO.

Yeah, I have to agree with you here....I was really  happy with how they called the Germay/Divers game....it got pretty physical, but they only stopped it when it was clearly a foul. All the matches should be called as well as that one....makes for much better futbal.  That was a great example of how a 0-0 match can still be exciting as hell....and there really werne't even that many shots. It was just an intense struggle for control and positioning with some good opportunities here and there. I would have rather seen it go to penalty kicks, but they way it ended was pretty awesome....even though my team lost. I forget the name of the diver who had possession right near the top of the box, but he showed great patience, made a perfect pass over to Grosso (or whatever his name was), who hit a perfect shot that even Buffon wouldn't have stopped.

720206[/snapback]

Funny how you call the Italians divers.

My guess is you didn't see Henry against Spain.

They all do it, even your beloved Germans.

Funny how you call the Italians divers.

My guess is you didn't see Henry against Spain.

They all do it, even your beloved Germans.

720212[/snapback]

Meazza.....I really enjoy our discussions....but how long is it going to take you to figure out that 90% of what I say about the Italians is me busting your nuts? lol Every time someone messes with you, you provide a straight response...often with a youtube.com clip to back your point, lol......I'm just having fun with you, my friend!

Meazza.....I really enjoy our discussions....but how long is it going to take you to figure out that 90% of what I say about the Italians is me busting your nuts? lol  Every time someone messes with you, you provide a straight response...often with a youtube.com clip to back your point, lol......I'm just having fun with you, my friend!

720214[/snapback]

I'm a tad agitated today. It's 18 hours before the WC final. Something I never thought I'd be young enough to enjoy :devil:

And it's against a team that literally ripped my heart out and stomped it on the floor in the matter of 10 minutes.

How can you not expect this kind of response. :lol: I'll lighten up. :D

I'm a tad agitated today.  It's 18 hours before the WC final.  Something I never thought I'd be young enough to enjoy  :devil:

And it's against a team that literally ripped my heart out and stomped it on the floor in the matter of 10 minutes. 

How can you not expect this kind of response.  :lol: I'll lighten up.  :D

720215[/snapback]

lol, fair enough....I know it's a huge event for ya :P

I agree. I like that the game is pretty much the same now as it was decades ago, but I'm all in favor of using technology if it helps get rid of a problem....and the diving thing is an embarrassment, IMO.

720210[/snapback]

Bingo!

Its archaic!

Every other sport in the world has moved into 21 century technology. And its made the games better. Even the Olympics uses today's technology. To say that "Soccer" is above this is asinine.

Bingo!

Its archaic!

Every other sport in the world has moved into 21 century technology. And its made the games better. Even the Olympics uses today's technology. To say that "Soccer" is above this is asinine.

720218[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm with ya for the most part. I do like the idea of tradition, but I highly doubt that there was this kind of diving back in the day. I think the players should have more respect for themselves, the game, and their opponent than to pull that kind of crap. If technology can help reduce that - and I'm quite certain it can - I don't see why they can't implement it. Hell, use the MLS to test it out and work out the bugs. There's no need for it to be some huge distraction, either.....just use it inside the box so you're not "giving" away the game.

lol, fair enough....I know it's a huge event for ya :devil:

720217[/snapback]

Tomorrow, it is rumoured that both Alex Del Piero and Francesco Totti will be on the starting 11.

Rather than playing with Camoranesi on the left wing. Will be much more attacking.

I honestly think it will be 2-0 Italy.

Sweet Revenge.

Tomorrow, it is rumoured that both Alex Del Piero and Francesco Totti will be on the starting 11.

Rather than playing with Camoranesi on the left wing.  Will be much more attacking.

I honestly think it will be 2-0 Italy. 

Sweet Revenge.

720221[/snapback]

I gave deRossi the benefit of the doubt because of what you said about him being a stand up guy for the most part, but that Camoranesi guy is a whiney punk. He annoyed the hell out of me last match. On top of that, he looks like a horse.