Anyone just see Moulds catch and dive

Talking to Carr. Showing Johnson catching passes and turning them upfield.

Shows Moulds catch an easy pass in the hands and immediately fall to the ground, with no one around him. He's practicing going down. WTF ?

I always liked the guy but has he become a complete head case about getting hit or something ? He averaged 2.7 yards after a catch last year.

2.7 yards

Catch and fall. Now pay me big $$ ! :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to Carr. Showing Johnson catching passes and turning them upfield.

Shows Moulds catch an easy pass in the hands and immediately fall to the ground, with no one around him. He's practicing going down.  WTF ?

I always liked the guy but has he become a complete head case about getting hit or something ? He averaged 2.7 yards after a catch last year.

2.7 yards 

Catch and fall. Now pay me big $$ !  :)

704773[/snapback]

no nfl network .

I just don't know where we're going to replace his 816 yards from 2005 this year.

There can't be another Bill capable of gaining anywhere near that.

We're doomed.

704789[/snapback]

Exactly. An incredible 50 yards a game.

Moulds served us well for several seasons. But the last couple showed he was a shell of his former self. He never recovered his burst after that leg injury 3-4 years back.

Now, he's little more than a catch and fall guy. Rarely can gain any seperation.

Those lamenting his loss are thinking of the old Moulds. This version should retire. It's like watching O.J. playing for San Fran in 1978. A brief flash but overall, nothing.

Moulds served us well for several seasons. But the last couple showed he was a shell of his former self. He never recovered his burst after that leg injury 3-4 years back.

Now, he's little more than a catch and fall guy. Rarely can gain any seperation.

Those lamenting his loss are thinking of the old Moulds. This version should retire. It's like watching O.J. playing for San Fran in 1978. A brief flash but overall, nothing.

704794[/snapback]

I agree. This season he has a real chance of embarressing himself. A pulled hammy or ribcage injury would not surprise me, either.

704794[/snapback]

Yet he was far more productive over the last two years than his over paid replacement, Peerless Price.

Yet he was far more productive over the last two years than his over paid replacement, Peerless Price.

704796[/snapback]

What a pathetic comeback ! :)

His replacement at the #1 WR slot is Evans. I'll take my chances with him.

704794[/snapback]

Those lamenting the loss understand what Moulds meant to the offense, as pathetic as it was. He made life easier on all the other WRs, I'm anxious to see what Evans can do when all the attention is directed at him.

You can quote numbers all day long but I personally see those numbers reflecting more on the passing game as a whole (QB play, OL and a viable running game to bring the safeties up to the line) than I do on Moulds decline. Sure he's lost a step but he's still a fantastic possession WR (which the Bills sorely lack atm).

Oh, and you want stats? Just check out the last three games to see what a motivated Moulds (and a QB that won't throw it more than 10 yards to other WRs) can bring to the table:

27 rec. for 305 yards

Yet you think he should retire? That says a lot for our current WRs. If Moulds should retire then we don’t have a single WR on the roster who deserves to be in the NFL because he was the best we had.

What a pathetic comeback !  :) 

His replacement at the #1 WR slot is Evans. I'll take my chances with him.

704800[/snapback]

What a pathetic comeback ! B-)

So who is replacing Evans production?

Yet you think he should retire?  That says a lot for our current WRs.  If Moulds should retire then we don’t have a single WR on the roster who deserves to be in the NFL because he was the best we had.

704801[/snapback]

Yes. I think he should retire.

I remember when Andre Reed was finishing up here. Moulds had already been here 4 years and was just starting to come around. Yet he still bobbled and dropped 20 plus passes a season. Inconsistent hands. Fans worried he wasn't a good replacement for the more consistent Reed and rightly so. But Reed was done and so now is Moulds.

His ability is sinking like a stone. Catching 5 yard slant patterns from Holcomb showed he was no longer a #1 WR.

Lee Evans, it's now your turn.

Yes. I think he should retire.

I remember when Andre Reed was finishing up here. Moulds had already been here 4 years and was just starting to come around. Yet he still bobbled and dropped 20 plus passes a season. Inconsistent hands. Fans worried he wasn't a good replacement for the more consistent Reed and rightly so. But Reed was done and so now is Moulds.

His ability is sinking like a stone. Catching 5 yard slant patterns from Holcomb showed he was no longer a #1 WR.

Lee Evans, it's now your turn.

704806[/snapback]

Do you think that to some degree those 5 yard patterns were dictated to our offense because our OL sucked and Holcomb doesn't have much of an arm?

What a pathetic comeback !  B-)

So who is replacing Evans production?

704804[/snapback]

To be answered this fall. Living in the past with declining talent is your preference.

Gee, how will we replace Moulds 50 yards receiving per game ? I bet Indy's 4th WR could do that. :)

5-11 with Moulds, Milloy, Adams etc. - Let's reject change.

Do you think that to some degree those 5 yard patterns were dictated to our offense because our OL sucked and Holcomb doesn't have much of an arm?

704808[/snapback]

Holcomb didn't tell Moulds to fall immediately to the ground after every catch. Eric did that on his own.

2.7 yards after the catch.

To be answered this fall. Living in the past with declining talent is your preference.

Gee, how will we replace Moulds 50 yards receiving per game ?  I bet Indy's 4th WR could do that.  B-)

5-11 with Moulds, Milloy, Adams etc.  - Let's reject change.

704810[/snapback]

In other words, you're a homer and have no clue who can replace his production. :)

5-11 with Losman and McGahee. Should we have cut them?

704796[/snapback]

overpaid?? on what basis do you say that and -- more importantly -- why do you care? he's making $2 mill/year, which is peanuts in today's $105 million plus cap nfl. i'm sorry to lash out at you, but this line of thought is not only wrong, it's old.

overpaid?? on what basis do you say that and -- more importantly -- why do you care? he's making $2 mill/year, which is peanuts in today's $105 million plus cap nfl.  i'm sorry to lash out at you, but this line of thought is not only wrong, it's old.

704818[/snapback]

I say that based on his stats over the last few years and I care because those dollars could have been used for more solid upgrades at other positions.

Those lamenting the loss understand what Moulds meant to the offense, as pathetic as it was.  He made life easier on all the other WRs, I'm anxious to see what Evans can do when all the attention is directed at him.

You can quote numbers all day long but I personally see those numbers reflecting more  on the passing game as a whole (QB play, OL and a viable running game to bring the safeties up to the line) than I do on Moulds decline.  Sure he's lost a step but he's still a fantastic possession WR (which the Bills sorely lack atm).

Oh, and you want stats?  Just check out the last three games to see what a motivated Moulds (and a QB that won't throw it more than 10 yards to other WRs) can bring to the table:

27 rec. for 305 yards

Yet you think he should retire?  That says a lot for our current WRs.  If Moulds should retire then we don’t have a single WR on the roster who deserves to be in the NFL because he was the best we had.

704801[/snapback]

Finally someone with a brain! Good post.