OLN....that was terrible

Watching these games reminds me how good Jim Lorenz is. Color commentators should be there for solid input at time when there isn't alot of action going on. Lornez does this PERFECTLY. The guy from OLN just doesn't SHUT UP. EVER. If there is a goal, it's almost like it interrupts these two morons talking.

Being from Buffalo, we are spoiled with two of the best in the business.

Watching these games reminds me how good Jim Lorenz is. Color commentators should be there for solid input at time when there isn't alot of action going on. Lornez does this PERFECTLY. The guy from OLN just doesn't SHUT UP. EVER. If there is a goal, it's almost like it interrupts these two morons talking.

Being from Buffalo, we are spoiled with two of the best in the business.

696217[/snapback]

Not only that, but we're spoiled by a broadcasting team that's doing radio simulcast....

camera work was awful...JD and Emrick? were awful...chick sidekick was awfull..that was the first game I have watched on OLN and I was not impressed at all....damn you CBC

696206[/snapback]

HUH? I think Emerick is one of the best, if not the best, national TV announcer out there.

He's exciting, and calls a great game. He also calls the Olympics right?

I think, overall, OLN has done a great job with the NHL playoffs. Lets' face it, nobody here ever likes the announcers. I just like the fact that they are thourougly covering the game, I don't find the camera work all that awful (okay they did blow it on the first Sabres goal). I would love to be able to see the games with the hometown guys, but the guys on OLN are not all that bad...I think we all just love to bith sometimes...

camera work was awful...JD and Emrick? were awful...chick sidekick was awfull..that was the first game I have watched on OLN and I was not impressed at all....damn you CBC

696206[/snapback]

i'm just happy it was televised on local cable. ;)

hopefully this will cause all of the idiots to stop talking sweep
Ya think? ;)

696314[/snapback]

I checked, and I wasn't able to find one instance in the NHL, NFL, NBA or MLB where teams were tied 1-1 after two games and one team went on to sweep the series. I think tater's dead on this time, chances of a sweep are slim indeed.

I checked, and I wasn't able to find one instance in the NHL, NFL, NBA or MLB where teams were tied 1-1 after two games and one team went on to sweep the series.  I think tater's dead on this time, chances of a sweep are slim indeed.

696342[/snapback]

How many 1-1 series did you find in the NFL? Those must have been brutal playoffs that year! :lol:

How many 1-1 series did you find in the NFL? Those must have been brutal playoffs that year! :lol:

696368[/snapback]

Everyone's a critic! :( Don't you realize that piling sarcasm on top of my sarcasm is against board etiquette? Hope an overzealous mod doesn't stumble on this, you could get a 1 month suspension, or best case super secret probation.

Everyone's a critic! :lol:  Don't you realize that piling sarcasm on top of my sarcasm is against board etiquette?  Hope an overzealous mod doesn't stumble on this, you could get a 1 month suspension, or best case super secret probation.

696372[/snapback]

I'm thinking of promoting him...

funny how after a loss all the nit-picking starts, when they win, the broadcaster and announcers walked on water, however in defeat the whiners come out. see earlier posts about canes fans complaining about sabres fans, et al

Everyone's a critic! :(  Don't you realize that piling sarcasm on top of my sarcasm is against board etiquette?  Hope an overzealous mod doesn't stumble on this, you could get a 1 month suspension, or best case super secret probation.

696372[/snapback]

:lol:

Personally I think JD is one of the top analysts in the business...I do not understand what the issue is there.....Doc's voice can drive me crazy at times...but i like his style...and he truly loves the game....met him several times when interning with the NJ Devils 10 years ago and I must say he is one of the classiest people in the business.