Suggestion on Streamlining Topics

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So at work today we're having a training session on a new product (think of "I've fallen and can't get up"), in a storefront my boss is leasing, we call the showroom. Yet we're only using the space for storage and training sessions. My boss/owner decided to give up the storefront and take some space on the 2nd floor since we don't need a storefront and the 2nd floor space is less per month. About mid morning, one of the building lease people stop by with the prospective renters to "get a few measurements". It would only take a few minutes he said. We agreed because we needed a break. These future renters spent almost an hour measuring a gabbing on the phone with someone else, basically interrupting our training for an hour. We decided that whenever they came back in (they had been going in and out the front door constantly) we'd put the system we were training on into alarm. Eventually they got the hint and left.

Getting back to the original post, in all honesty, I'm not exactly sure what to do about hijacked threads, but if you were in the frozen tundra and put a six pack of beer in a broken refrigerator to keep it from freezing, is it still a refrigerator or some kind of heater?

Getting back to the original post, in all honesty, I'm not exactly sure what to do about hijacked threads, but if you were in the frozen tundra and put a six pack of beer in a broken refrigerator to keep it from freezing, is it still a refrigerator or some kind of heater?

693258[/snapback]

Technically, then, it should be called a "warmerator".

ps. I go to M.I.T., so this is correct.

pps. End of discussion.

:) Mr. Control Freak...yesterday you complained you couldn't get into the Bills Ticket site earlier than anyone else. Today you want to re define this web site. Maybe you should run for President since you seem destined to have the world look how you want it. I bet your mother cut the crusts off your sandwich too...or maybe she still does.... :D

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I am getting frustrated at the number of topics that get hi-jacked, usually by 2 -4 posters who use it to argue with each other about subjects that many times have nothing to do with the post's topic.  (ie minor example that prompted this:  http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=46969 )

I'm not against the discussions, just start a new post.  Is it possible to add an option under the OPTIONS > MODERATOR OPTIONS that lets the topic originator delete non relevant posts?  Optimally a line would show that a response by xyz was deleted by the original poster. 

If so and the mods are willing is anyone else interested in this?

[And yes I'm prepared for the number of wannabe witty responses that may follow.]

[Mod's please give this a chance and don't banish this to the consumer or complaint area for at least a day.  Thanks.]

692934[/snapback]

can you believe Elliot was voted off American Idol last night???? :)

Does anyone know how tall Chara is? 

And please, SOMEONE TELL ME MCGAHEE'S 40 TIME!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!

693251[/snapback]

McGahee's 40 time was actually clocked over 44 yards, he's that fast. Chara (don't know who the puck she is) is reported to be 112 lbs. Any other questions?

Tiger Woods is the 'most trusted' sports celebrity to male consumers. Know who's number 2? Georgie Foreman! I wouldn't buy a buritto from George Foreman, but that's just me.

An admin with a TRUE sense of humor would merge it with one of the Flutie threads...

693551[/snapback]

I don't think we own any of those. Buncha power hungry despots who think their chit don't stink.

:)

I'm tellin you if this doesn't move to the admin forum then the :fyou smiley should be brought back. Fair is fair.