NFL to fine Plummer

30dive

Disclaimer: OK I hope this doesn't get moved to the PP board because it is not intended to be a political statement or the right vs. wrong argument regarding the war.

The NFL has told Denver Broncos QB to remove the #40 decal off his helmet or face up to $5,000.00 in fines (assuming per game). Tillman and Plummer were best friends from their college days and Plummer wants to honer his friend, the league says they have a policy about personal messages on uniforms. For christ sake, this isn't a damn advertisiment for some product Plummer endorces, it's a way for him to honor a friend who played in the NFL, gave up those riches and went to serve his country in its war on terror, and paid the ultimate price. I say if Plummer wants to honer his friend all season God bless him. And if the league fines him for it, I am quite sure Plummer can pay the fine and even more sure that fellow players and most likely NFL fans will offer to cough up a few bucks to cover the cost!

Good morning and Go Bills!

$5000/game is $75000 for the year. THat's a lot of money, no matter how much you make. If the broncos want to make a political statement, they should have a bunch of guys criticize the refs and get fines totalling $75000. Then they have their statement.

Assuming 75,000 fans show up at "Mile High" for the next Broncos game each fan could drop a buck in the collection plate, then someone could buy 75,000 in pennies and deliver them to NFL

i think every football player in the nfl should go out and get the 5,000 dollar fine to show the nfl how in sensitive they are being.like you said ,jake isn't endorsing a product or wearing a political statement "like no nukes or end the war" he is just honouring his best friend.the nfl should step up and encourage people to wear tillmans #40.go bills!

I can understand the NFL.

By fighting every (in the broader or narrower sense) political statement they are able to avoid lenghty (and probably heated) discussion what statements might be appropriate and what statements not.

Absolutely sickening...i like the idea of everyone in devner pitchin in a dollar for plummer to wear ti for the season...

*note* - sportscenter just said that plummer said hes removing the decal from his helmet...

I can understand the NFL.

By fighting every (in the broader or narrower sense) political statement they are able to avoid lenghty (and probably heated) discussion what statements might be appropriate and what statements not.

51868[/snapback]

Sure, just like the NCAA. The easy road is always deny, that way you never have to explain yourself. A couple years ago the NFL wouldn't allow Manning to wear black hightops to honor Johnny U, and now this. This is a callous stance on the part of the NFL, and they are wrong. No argument could change my opinion on this.

Anyone know an email address we can use to let the NFL know our feelings on this?

I'm for the league enforcing its rules and B word slapping its players with fines when they get out of hand. However, I do believe there are exceptions that should and could be made. Jake should be able to go to the league and ask for a special exception in this case. Chances of seeing another player do what Tilman did is slim to none. Let Jake the Snake honor him...

75,000 pennies wow .how much would that weigh?

51861[/snapback]

a penny weighs 2.5 grams

$5,000 is 500,000 pennies

500,000 x 2.5 grams = 1,250,000 grams

according to google (when you search for "convert grams to pounds"):

1 gram = 0.00220462262 pounds

1,250,000 x 0.00220462262 = 2755.778275 pounds.

Since you asked for only 75,000 pennies though (which would only be $750):

75,000 x 2.5 grams = 187,500 grams

187,500 x 0.00220462262 = 413.36674125 pounds

It is a good rule BUT since the NFL had the decals put on everyone's helmets a couple weeks ago it is just Jake isn't removing it. Thus I say no fine and collecting 7,500,000 pennies is a great protest.