Bruce Smith ... did he ever serve a 4-week

Yes, first four games one season a couple of years before the start of he Superbowl era.

691779[/snapback]

Anyone know what substance it was? I guess I'd assume it was alcohol, but I don't know that the NFL policy is about that, since it's not "illegal". Would it have been for steroids back then? Or some other illegal drug?

Anyone know what substance it was?  I guess I'd assume it was alcohol, but I don't know that the NFL policy is about that, since it's not "illegal".  Would it have been for steroids back then?  Or some other illegal drug?

691784[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure it was coke.

Anyone know what substance it was?  I guess I'd assume it was alcohol, but I don't know that the NFL policy is about that, since it's not "illegal".  Would it have been for steroids back then?  Or some other illegal drug?

691784[/snapback]

I thought it was yayo... could be wrong too. I also remember Kelly was also investigated pretty hard as well.

He also had problems with alcohol. I remember once or twice he was prodded awake by police when he fell asleep at the wheel at intersections.

He also had a problem with practicing especially during the training camps. That is another story all together.

He also had problems with alcohol. I remember once or twice he was prodded awake by police when he fell asleep at the wheel at intersections.

He also had a problem with practicing especially during the training camps. That is another story all together.

691797[/snapback]

He had a sleep disorder...dontcha remember? :lol:

Bruce Smith missed the first four games of the 1988 season, because of a leauge mandated suspension. The word at the time was that it was for weed, but you never can be sure. Given some time, you might have to wonder if it was steroids. I believe they were a "banned substance" at that time in the NFL. Bruces' body underwent an amazing transformation betwee 1986 (a chubby rookie) and 1988. Nothing like Bonds (Bruce always had a big mellon). Just speculatin of course. The NFL does not release information like that....

Bruce Smith missed the first four games of the 1988 season, because of a leauge mandated suspension.  The word at the time was that it was for weed, but you never can be sure.  Given some time, you might have to wonder if it was steroids.  I believe they were a "banned substance" at that time in the NFL.  Bruces' body underwent an amazing transformation betwee 1986 (a chubby rookie) and 1988.  Nothing like Bonds (Bruce always had a big mellon).  Just speculatin of course.  The NFL does not release information like that....

691802[/snapback]

It most likely was coke, as posted earlier. Bruce went into a rehab facility when he was suspended and they don't do that for weed or steroids. Remember something else-the incident when Polian was having Bruce followed by a PI. They wouldn't have been doing that if it was steroids.

On weed, when Robb Riddick was suspended it was for that and he basically just blew it off and said he didn't need any rehab.

I recall thinking it was for coke. It happened right before the 1988 season opener against the Vikes. Leon Seals came in and performed admirably.

The Vikes game was the one that we won 13-10 when LB Hal Garner crawled on his knees to sack Wade Wilson to foil a last-second comeback attempt. Frigging great game.

It most likely was coke, as posted earlier. Bruce went into a rehab facility when he was suspended and they don't do that for weed or steroids. Remember something else-the incident when Polian was having Bruce followed by a PI. They wouldn't have been doing that if it was steroids.

On weed, when Robb Riddick was suspended it was for that and he basically just blew it off and said he didn't need any rehab.

I know it was coke and alcohol. A close friend took his bed at the rehab facility when he was done with it.

Jeepers. You whipper-snapppers really should get used to that google thingy.

Mommy still wipe the ice cream off your face for you too?

Google... "Bruce Smith" suspended

Some MORE info about Bruce you probably never heard about.

691806[/snapback]

This 'er Bruce fellow, pretty interesting stuff..."Written by Bruce Smith. ... In their research, suspended metal balls revolved when a charge was put into them..."- you don't teach that in a zone blitz do ya! :lol:

This 'er Bruce fellow, pretty interesting stuff..."Written by Bruce Smith. ... In their research, suspended metal balls revolved when a charge was put into them..."- you don't teach that in a zone blitz do ya!  :P

692097[/snapback]

That's just simple American AntiGravity Levitation 101 stuff... :lol:

691797[/snapback]

No, no, no ... all lies ... it was sleep apnea. Geez, don't you guys remember anything.

No, wait ... yeah! He was hammered!

I recall thinking it was for coke. It happened right before the 1988 season opener against the Vikes. Leon Seals came in and performed admirably.

The Vikes game was the one that we won 13-10 when LB Hal Garner crawled on his knees to sack Wade Wilson to foil a last-second comeback attempt. Frigging great game.

691890[/snapback]

It was Phil Hansen that started in his place. Hansen was a rookie and played very well.

i remember he had that problem against the Steelers in the playoffs.

692145[/snapback]

Why do people keep saying he could have played in that game. A bad flu was going around that year and Bruce was so dizzy from it he couldn't even stand up. Reports were he had to crawl to the bathroom to throw up. I've had the flu a couple of times where I lost 10 lbs in a week.