Game 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, Sat. 7 PM EST

And while I'm thinking about it: kudos, with all due respect, to the Senators.  4-1 may SEEM like a blowout...but it was a very close series, regardless.

690913[/snapback]

No kidding. They not only didn't quit the entire frigging time, but they really pressed from the start of game one until the end of the series. It really seemed like they did just about everything they could possibly do, but just came up short...again and again.

Damn, what a sweet team this is.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still coming down fom it all.  I've f0llowed them from Albany all year.  I've see 90 percent of their games, these guyes are really, really good.  Scary good, to coin a phrase.  Where did Mike R go?

690929[/snapback]

Back injury.

They just noted that since game one, Ryan Miller has stopped 131 out of 138 shots.  I'd say that's a serviceable performance...

690930[/snapback]

.949 save percentage, 1.7 GAA (roughly, considering two brief overtimes).

Yeah, that's pretty good. That and a quarter over a full season will get you a cup of coffee...and a Vezina.

Just remembered that I caught the postgame for Carolina-NJ on NBC this afternoon and both Ray Ferraro and Ed Olczyk agreed that Ottawa was going to find a way to bring the series back to Buffalo.

And I actually muttered under my breath "We're gonna !@#$ the Sens up tonight."

Was there even one national hockey writer who picked us?

.949 save percentage, 1.7 GAA (roughly, considering two brief overtimes).

Yeah, that's pretty good.  That and a quarter over a full season will get you a cup of coffee...and a Vezina.

690934[/snapback]

Oh and by the way, kid's a fricken rookie. Screw the Vezina. How many did Domo boy get? Greaaaaaat, town still doesn't have a cup. Team sport.

Oh and by the way, kid's a fricken rookie.  Screw the Vezina.  How many did Domo boy get?  Greaaaaaat,  town still doesn't have a cup.  Team sport.

690939[/snapback]

6 times, which is the same number of whole feet tall that Chara is. Every time I heard them mention Hasek during the "he might play" frenzy, I kept thinking of Les Nessman. Every time he was mentioned it wasn't "Dominik Hasek," it was "Six-Time Vezina Trophy Winner Dominik Hasek...."

Screw that!  Thanks to the refs for making it AS CLOSE as it was. :doh:

Yeah, I'm not bitter. :ph34r:

690942[/snapback]

No better way to say "screw you" to the refs than the way the Sabres ended it...

And while I'm thinking about it: kudos, with all due respect, to the Senators.  4-1 may SEEM like a blowout...but it was a very close series, regardless.

690913[/snapback]

Definitely mad props to the Sens, they played a hell of a series. Got to respect the fans too, they kept their class and didnt fall down to the Philly fan slime level.

WOW!!

I just saw the highlights on ESPNNEWS.

What a short-handed goal that was, it looked so easy!

Congrats to the Sabres, and good luck the rest of the way.

I just hope my Sharks can get back on track and win their series.

Just remembered that I caught the postgame for Carolina-NJ on NBC this afternoon and both Ray Ferraro and Ed Olczyk agreed that Ottawa was going to find a way to bring the series back to Buffalo.

And I actually muttered under my breath "We're gonna !@#$ the Sens up tonight."

Was there even one national hockey writer who picked us?

690936[/snapback]

F the media. No one gives Buffalo any credit. The ass-licks that called the game on OLN were spooching themselfs over Ottawa all game. Can't a network like OLN do better than the geeky Irv Weinstein?

What??  1 in 100000??  Did I get the number of zeros right?  That's why I left Buffalo for greener pastures.  One game at a time.  Enjoy what these kids have done so far and if they don't win it all that's ok, I'll look forward to next year.  You, on the other hand,  will probably looking for another skate in the crease to B word about.  :ph34r:

690892[/snapback]

:doh:

Nah, ya got it all wrong. Let me put it another way.... "Trying not to get too excited, but OHHH YEAAHH!!!!!!!" Everything about this team is great. The best part is that they're on the upswing, so as you said, a ton to look forward to next year regardless of how this season ends.

I don't blame anyone for thinking Ottawa was going to win this series before it started. Nor do I think it was idiocy to believe Ottawa was going to win tonight.

This series was either tied or a one goal difference for all but ONE minute and FORTY seconds through five games. It simply doesn't get closer than that. The biggest difference between the teams is Buffalo KNOWS they're going to win the close games and Ottawa doubts themselves. It's that simple.

Mad props to both teams for five games of edge of your seat hockey. Speed, skill, grit - this series had it all.

Are we going to win the Cup? No idea. But knowing that the Stars, Wings, Leafs, and Flyers definitely aren't kicks ass.

I don't blame anyone for thinking Ottawa was going to win this series before it started.  Nor do I think it was idiocy to believe Ottawa was going to win tonight.

This series was either tied or a one goal difference for all but ONE minute and FORTY seconds through five games.  It simply doesn't get closer than that.  The biggest difference between the teams is Buffalo KNOWS they're going to win the close games and Ottawa doubts themselves.  It's that simple.

Mad props to both teams for five games of edge of your seat hockey.  Speed, skill, grit - this series had it all.

Are we going to win the Cup?  No idea.  But knowing that the Stars, Wings, Leafs, and Flyers definitely aren't kicks ass.

690954[/snapback]

I haven't been able to find out yet...precisely when were those 100 seconds everyone's talking about?

Edit: never mind, I found it. Second period of game 2 - the only game I missed, which explains why I don't remember it. :ph34r:

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey

Were you happy when Tampa freaking Bay won?

690956[/snapback]

I didn't have a problem with it - they had a very likeable team even if they aren't a traditional hockey market. Lotsa quality players who play the right way and it was great hearing "Dave Andreychuk, come get the Stanley Cup."