Game 5: Buffalo at Ottawa, Sat. 7 PM EST

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god for OT and sudden death...otherwise, the sens might've been granted another 5 on 3 powerplay

690883[/snapback]

That really made me angry when they got that goal on the two men down. It was a BS call. Also, one of our guys lost his stick so it was functionally a 5 on 2.

Ok, on both drury's and pominville's goals, OLN continues to blame emery for not getting cross the net. But, what i saw was both times there were 2 or 3 senators watching the sabre skate with the puck right to the net. Those goals are the defensemen's fault for not putting a body on the skater, not emery.

690857[/snapback]

Well, as they were saying on MSG, Pominville picked on the forward...Emery should have at least stick-checked him...

And Hasek screws the Senators out of a cup....

Well, as they were saying on MSG, Pominville picked on the forward...Emery should have at least stick-checked him...

And Hasek screws the Senators out of a cup....

690888[/snapback]

They were smart not to play Hasek though, they would have been blown out of the water if rusty Dom was in net during this game.

As a Buffalo sports fan, I know we've got a 1 in 100000 chance of watching that happen. But I'll be damned if I'm not convinced we'll draw the right card.

690868[/snapback]

What?? 1 in 100000?? Did I get the number of zeros right? That's why I left Buffalo for greener pastures. One game at a time. Enjoy what these kids have done so far and if they don't win it all that's ok, I'll look forward to next year. You, on the other hand, will probably looking for another skate in the crease to B word about. :ph34r:

They were smart not to play Hasek though, they would have been blown out of the water if rusty Dom was in net during this game.

690890[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, and you have to give Muckler the assist for "standing pat" with his goal situation after yet another "Hasek groin injury."

With the rare "no goal" celebrations. :doh:

I woke my wife up...she couldn't make it into overtime.  Took me a good minute to detach her from the ceiling.

690876[/snapback]

After 3 years in Austin interacting from people all over the state at The University of Texas, I still haven't met anyone who really cares about the Stars.

I did meet one guy who was a die-hard Avs fan though. :ph34r:

690888[/snapback]

Looked like his skate was in the crease. :ph34r::doh:

Congrats to the Sabres & all Sabres fans,

I won't jump back on the bandwagon in here but it's nice to see a hometown team looking so good! :doh:

My neighbors in the apartment next door probably called the cops on me. 

When Pominville scored, I yelled and then I grabbed an empty Powerade bottle, started pounding it on my computer desk, and then whipped it off the wall right in front of me.  (And, remember, this is in Texas where no one knows hockey exists and there is no reason to celebrate anything.)

690862[/snapback]

you're worried that your neighbors called the cops because you created noise with an empty plastic bottle? and I thought they named amherst the safest neighborhood...

That really made me angry when they got that goal on the two men down.  It was  a BS call.  Also, one of our guys lost his stick so it was functionally a 5 on 2.

690886[/snapback]

I was surprised we weren't whistled for another penalty to give them a 3man advantage (can't believe I have to say "J/K" but I know it's required around these parts).

I'm such a softie - gone from hating the Sens with a passion to kinda feeling sorry for them in a span of 5 minutes; although Neil and Chara are still punk asses.

What are everyone's thoughts on Carolina? The guys on WGR seem to think they racked up points in a crappy division, but there's obviously something to be said for being up 3-1 on NJ. I'd think we'd be slight favorites especially if Connolly comes back.

Looked like his skate was in the crease. :ph34r:  :)

I won't jump back on the bandwagon in here but it's nice to see a hometown team looking so good! :doh:

690897[/snapback]

I'll second that. I'm not going to jump on it either, but I'll jog behind it at a distance for a while and wish them well :doh:

What team do you like?

Looked like his skate was in the crease. :ph34r:  :doh:

690897[/snapback]

As long as Mock doesn't jump back on. His one day as a Sabres fan was disappointing...

:)

During the goal it was an utter cluster eff here for me... The streaming feed is a several seconds behind and my brother called from his cell (at a bar in Buffalo) phone right after the JP score... I was still listening to the RJ call. I saw my brother's id come up on the phone and my heart sunk (knowing that Buffalo had a penalty kill going on)... He kept on saying shorthanded, shorthanded... Just then JP was with the puck... I said: "I know, now score!" Forgetting that I was almost a minute behind....

:ph34r::doh:

Very memorable to say the least!

:doh::):lol::lol::D

And while I'm thinking about it: kudos, with all due respect, to the Senators.  4-1 may SEEM like a blowout...but it was a very close series, regardless.

690913[/snapback]

The Sens are a great team. No question about that.

And while I'm thinking about it: kudos, with all due respect, to the Senators.  4-1 may SEEM like a blowout...but it was a very close series, regardless.

690913[/snapback]

Same here too!

I just posted this in the other thread... Not quit 6'9" though... :ph34r::doh:

All five games were decided by one goal in the series that featured a tie score or a one-goal lead for all but 1:40 of total play.

690913[/snapback]

No kidding. Any of those games could have gone either way. If they had a healthy Dom...they would have certainly blown us out in game one and that would have set a completely different tone for the series.