Thuuuuuuuuuuuuu yankees win

njsue

As a Red Sox fan, for the first time EVER I rooted for the Yankees tonight. Now Minnesota has to sweep Cleveland and hope Oakland or Anaheim doesnt sweep the other to avoid playing the Yankees in the ALDS.

I'd rather YOU guys face Santana twice in a short series.

Go Oakland!

As a Red Sox fan, for the first time EVER I rooted for the Yankees tonight.    Now Minnesota has to sweep Cleveland and hope Oakland or Anaheim doesnt sweep the other to avoid playing the Yankees in the ALDS.

I'd rather YOU guys face Santana twice in a short series.

Go Oakland!

51650[/snapback]

They would beat him. Cause the Ghosts rule in the postseason. ;)

They would beat him. Cause the Ghosts rule in the postseason. ;)

51654[/snapback]

We'll see. I'd rather take my chances with either the A's rotation in disarray or the Angels rotation over facing Santana twice and Radke once.

The Twins laid down by taking Santana out early in Game 1 and are now going to pay for it.

Congrats to the Yankees on winning their 7th straight AL East title.

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Yankees have no pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I guess you have not seen Mussina pitch the past 6 weeks. Lieber is 11-3 since the allstar break. Mariano has 52 saves. Tanyon Sturtz is unhittable ever since he learned the cutter. Tom Gordon is lights out. El Duque has the best playoff record in MLB history and has pitched great consistently. Karsay is healthy and pitching well. Vazquez is a better 4th starter then any he will face in the AL. Kevin Brown out of the bullpen is ridiculous. Oh yeah they can play matchups with Quantrill and Heredia. Doesn't sound like no pitching to me. Could you please elaborate

Really?  I guess you have not seen Mussina pitch the past 6 weeks.  Lieber is 11-3 since the allstar break.  Mariano has 52 saves.  Tanyon Sturtz is unhittable ever since he learned the cutter.  Tom Gordon is lights out.  El Duque has the best playoff record in MLB history and has pitched great consistently.  Karsay is healthy and pitching well.  Vazquez is a better 4th starter then any he will face in the AL.  Kevin Brown out of the bullpen is ridiculous.  Oh yeah they can play matchups with Quantrill and Heredia.  Doesn't sound like no pitching to me.  Could you please elaborate

51685[/snapback]

You didn't just mention playoffs and Heredia in the same sentence, did you? Yummy, the taste of my own vomit.

You didn't just mention playoffs and Heredia in the same sentence, did you? Yummy, the taste of my own vomit.

I get nervous when I see Heredia come in too. Bad as he is he has gotten some big out though. Anyways he almost never faces more then 1 batter and is a decent option to pitch to a lefty

We shall see what happens in postseason. Like i said before Red sox are one of the more feared teams in playoffs not the Spankees!!

Enjoy the playoffs. I hope the umpteen million dollar payroll Yankees and the umpteen million dollar minus ten Red Sox both get rolled by small market teams whose entire payroll is probably less than the Yankees infield or the Red Sox pitching staff.

I hope you all get joy when McDonald's wipes out Fred's and Roy's Hamburger Joint. It is neither a surprise or much of a contest. No one was a bigger baseball fan than I was, but unless you want to root for Walmart there is no joy in the game.

I don't understand how anyone that is a Bills fan does not get how bad the system that allows the Yankees and Red Sox to buy playoff spots is for sports, especially small market teams.

We shall see what happens in postseason. Like i said before Red sox are one of the more feared teams in playoffs not the Spankees!!

51708[/snapback]

Kind think both Sox and Yankee's had better hope A's take care of Angels this weekend Angels are the team to fear...

Really?  I guess you have not seen Mussina pitch the past 6 weeks.  Lieber is 11-3 since the allstar break.  Mariano has 52 saves.  Tanyon Sturtz is unhittable ever since he learned the cutter.  Tom Gordon is lights out.  El Duque has the best playoff record in MLB history and has pitched great consistently.  Karsay is healthy and pitching well.  Vazquez is a better 4th starter then any he will face in the AL.  Kevin Brown out of the bullpen is ridiculous.  Oh yeah they can play matchups with Quantrill and Heredia.  Doesn't sound like no pitching to me.  Could you please elaborate

51685[/snapback]

Shhh! Redsox fans don't wish to hear the truth---er, I mean those statistics ;)

that guy just said Unhitable and Tanyon Sturtz in the same sentence.......bwwahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ;)

Shhh! Redsox fans don't wish to hear the truth---er, I mean those statistics :lol:

51784[/snapback]

Sweet. My brother who lives in Boston, now owes me $500.00 for the season.

The bet was that the Yankees would finish ahead of the red Sox.

Should I double up for the first round? ;)

51687[/snapback]

Yes, cause there are ghosts of the great Yankees past. Double it up.

Yankees vs LA.

51708[/snapback]

The Redsox have not even clinched a playoff spot, IDIOT. ;)

Enjoy the playoffs.  I hope the umpteen million dollar payroll Yankees and the umpteen million dollar minus ten Red Sox both get rolled by small market teams whose entire payroll is probably less than the Yankees infield or the Red Sox pitching staff.

I hope you all get joy when McDonald's wipes out Fred's and Roy's Hamburger Joint.  It is neither a surprise or much of a contest.  No one was a bigger baseball fan than I was, but unless you want to root for Walmart there is no joy in the game. 

I don't understand how anyone that is a Bills fan does not get how bad the system that allows the Yankees and Red Sox to buy playoff spots is for sports, especially small market teams.

51711[/snapback]

Did you ever hear of the phrase "TO EACH HIS OWN". Maybe your still in your teens.

51814[/snapback]

you're an idiot time and time again.

why do women follow sports? go make my dinner and clean the house already. I will let you know who won.

:lol:

51814[/snapback]

Feel free to open your mouth and insert your foot sue, as they have clinched a playoff spot...

nothing is more vomit-inducing then watching yankee fans pat each other on the back and congradulate each other over having a close to a 200 million payroll...

As for my A's, the playoffs start tonite for them...lets go A's, beat Anaheim!

I could care less about baseball, so I think I'm kind of impartial when it comes to Yanks/Sox.

All this Yankee / Sox excitement seems very forced lately. You both have the most expensive payrolls in baseball that give both teams a tremendously unfair advantage over every other team. All Red Sox fans can say is that "Well, we don't spend as much as the Yankees."

Hurray. Getting excited over the Yankees/Sox winning baseball games would be like getting excited watching the Bills spank the Buffalo Bulls and then running around yelling "We're sooooo good!"

RunTheBall

Sue your the idiot they claimed a spot days ago. Pay attention. I know you will be in playoffs when Red Sox move on and Spankees dont!!

Did you ever hear of the phrase "TO EACH HIS OWN". Maybe your still in your teens.

51815[/snapback]

I am very curious why my analysis and opinions about the evils of big money teams would lead you to the conclusion that I am in my teens???

My point is that small market teams (like the Buffalo Bills) would be uncompetitive with the New York's and Boston's of the world if it were not for the football salary cap. Rooting for the Yanks or Red Sox with the unequal payrolls in baseball is rooting for General Motors, Walmart and McDonalds.

I would think a true Bills fans heart would be a little more blue collar and understand that big and rich wiping out smaller and poorer is not something to root for. Of course, you have the right to be a Yankee fan and "to each his (or her) own". You were probably raised that way and can't help yourself. ;):lol: