Cassarly resigns as Texans' GM

Gee......is this a bit too late? Way to go, pass on Reggie Bush then leave.

Could TD be a replacement? Hmmmm........

688583[/snapback]

I heard a rumour, right after TD was sh---caned by Ralph, that he might be a leading candidate to replace Casserly, while his fate was still undecided. Don't laugh, but he is probably one of the best candidates out there, unless the Texans can get Ali Sherman! :)

Not a surprise. His resignation was a foregone conclusion for several weeks. Gary Kubiak ultimately had the final say in passing up Bush and taking a defensive player #1. I heard a bunch of interviews leading up to the draft and the pick came down to Kubiak and the owner supported him. Basically the talk is that this selection will make or break his coaching career. Right now it's weighing heavily in the "break" category.

I had heard that he was up for a League front-office job, and was to meet with Bud Adams today to discuss his future.

688856[/snapback]

Yeah I heard that too, on the NFL network. Personally, I like his decision to pass on Bush and go for Mario. FWIW, I think that both will be great players, I just think that Williams will help that team out much more than bush will

I guarantee TD will land that job. Frankly, it's a much better situation than Buffalo--they're probably a year ahead of us on the rebuilding curve.

689013[/snapback]

and in five years, they will make no progress if the devil is their GM

689024[/snapback]

Good. Let Whitey gaffle some other team for a while. How many years before they run his snake-oil salesman ass out of town? Five? Ten????

I guarantee TD will land that job. Frankly, it's a much better situation than Buffalo--they're probably a year ahead of us on the rebuilding curve.

689013[/snapback]

Poor Eric Moulds. :doh:

The funniest part of the above statement is that Teflon was running the show in Buffalo longer than the Texans have existed. And the Bills are a year behind the Texans in (re)building. :w00t:

Damn, Donahoe was great.

689024[/snapback]

[/quote

Isn't it ironic though, when you cosider Donahoe had some part in the bulding of the current Steelers' team that he's fired by the Bills after his old team wins the Super Bowl??

689024[/snapback]

[/quote

Isn't it ironic though, when you cosider Donahoe had some part in the bulding of the current Steelers' team that he's fired by the Bills after his old team wins the Super Bowl??

690483[/snapback]

at the earliest level, yes. But, the steelers did become the team they are now, through their current GM and Cowher and Co. TD only did a hald decent job there due to the people that were in place when he came in. He was very ineffective in bringing the right people to scout and develop talent and coach the game. Maybe he could do better in Houston, but I do not see Ol' Whitey doing a super-effective job in the perpetual downward spiral known as the Texans.