Mort chat tidbit

Nick Swisher (East Bay): Mort, explain your statement that the Ravens were "absolutely not" gonna take Whitner at 13, when Billick admitted on Monday that they were? Also, the Dolphins wanted him at 16.

Chris Mortensen: (12:12 PM ET ) The Ravens might have taken Whitner if Ngata was no there. He was one of their considerations if Ngata was gone. Ngata was there and that's who they took.

(and 1B and RF  :P )

682464[/snapback]

Smooth backpedal by Mort, but his "measurables" still stink. Second-day pick at best.

You guys realize if you keep up the attack, he'll probably start ignoring any and all Bills-related questions? Then again, maybe that's not a BAD thing... :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone so obsessed with what Chris Morenson had to say?  Just like so many criticize anyone here who criticized the Bills draft ("oh, so now you know more about football than Marv Levy, Dick Jauron and Tom Modrak?" you scoff), isn't it possible that Mort knows more about what went on in the individual "war rooms" than any of us too?  I mean, it is his job...I don't have a problem with the picks, and neither do the Bills.  I think Mortenson, agenda or not, is likely right that the Bills could have gotten the same guys, and given up less.  They wouldn't be the first team to make that mistake.  Everyone just settle down.  If Mort didn't "hate Buffalo" before, he likely does now....

682491[/snapback]

Because he singled Buffalo out as picking guys who were not "rated" high enough to warrant the pick. I didn't hear him say a thing when Dallas picked Bobby Carpenter in the 1st when no one had him going in the first round. He singled Buffalo out and kept going back to it over and over again. The guy is a prick.

Mort was sitting at the desk with Berman and co. He knows nothing about what went on in the war room other than what was told to him second hand. Chris Brown is the one who was actually in the war room with the staff and it sounds like he saw their board and Whitner was right near the top.

There was another one:

Mr.Murder(One Raider Nation): The Lions would have taken Whitner. Matt Millen let it be known he wanted Huff and WHitner was considered a round one pick. The Bills had no room to trade back, it was the same situation Houston faced with the Saints wanting Williams unless Bush fell to them. They were going to pick from where they were and take what was there, Houston's hand was forced.

Chris Mortensen: (12:26 PM ET ) The Lions wanted Huff or Sims and would have traded back to take Whitner. Traded back, ok?

This is all pretty funny stuff. :P:lol::lol: I'm not one of those persecuted "the world is out to get us" fans, but great job, most excellent trolling! His screener must not like him very much either, Mort's gonna be pissed the rest of the day! :lol:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11604

(fyi, Mark Ellis = Coach Tuesday)

Mark Ellis (Oakland): Mort, explain why you keep saying the Bills had a horrible draft, when they got two guys they wanted in the first round who were gonna be picked by other clubs (Whitner by Baltimore, McCargo by the Giants).

Chris Mortensen: (11:51 AM ET ) First of all, Whitner was not going to be picked by Baltimore. Absolutely not. I never said they had a horrible draft. I said they had a "head scratching" draft. They did over-reach with their first round picks but I said they might end up being good football players. I know there was confusion in he Bills' draft room, too. I did think they did well their picks on the third, fourth and fifth rounds.

(also he's wrong, Billick admitted on Monday they were gonna take Whitner - what an ass.)

682442[/snapback]

"Confusion in the Bill's draft room" WTF? :P

I guess he meant to say he was the one confused.

Bummer, my q never got answered.

GG -

Mort, if Buffalo had traded down to get Whitner, and if Detroit had traded down to get Whitner, and if Baltimore had traded down to get Whitner, then if he dropped to second round, would he be a value pick?

"Confusion in the Bill's draft room"  WTF?    :P 

I guess he meant to say he was the one confused.

682515[/snapback]

Maybe the Bills brass wanted to find out who was feeding Mort, so they put out mis-information. That was the 'confusion'.

Bummer, my q never got answered.

GG -

Mort, if Buffalo had traded down to get Whitner, and if Detroit had traded down to get Whitner, and if Baltimore had traded down to get Whitner, then if he dropped to second round, would he be a value pick?

682520[/snapback]

LOL !! Great question!!! :P

His screener must not like him very much either, Mort's gonna be pissed the rest of the day! :lol:

682509[/snapback]

I sent in a question at 12:32 asking how he got the information that "there was confusion" in the Bills War Room.

Looks like his response was "Well, gotta go." :P:lol:

Why is everyone so obsessed with what Chris Morenson had to say?    Everyone just settle down.  If Mort didn't "hate Buffalo" before, he likely does now....

682491[/snapback]

I doubt Mort "hates Buffalo" because of the fans.....there are always going to be fans of other teams that will be upset with him. Mort has made plenty of negative comments about other teams in the past and been hassled by the fans of those teams. I would really doubt it's personal. I'm sure he thinks it's all in good fun and is actually happy for the "controversy", because it generates interest in him and in ESPN.

I think it's fun myself. But I also remember it's entertainment. The only thing that truly aggravates me is the smart*ss age and senility references to Marv and Ralph.

While I understand that they're public figures, that's getting tiring.

Maybe the guys at ESPN were just unhappy that all of their draft boards got screwed up and they can't figure out why. None of them has any idea what was going on in those rooms and they should keep their opinions where they belong. Opinions are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

I sent in a question at 12:32 asking how he got the information that "there was confusion" in the Bills War Room.

Looks like his response was "Well, gotta go."     :P  :lol:

682525[/snapback]

Mine didnt get answered either.

"Mort, if you answer a question and no one is in the chat room to see your answer, is it still wrong?"

Great job by all of you that helped ride that pig faced Satan Chris Mortenson and helped show the world what a knob he is!!

Thanks for fighting the good fight and let us never let our guard down in our efforts to make his life a living hell!!!

Peace.

682539[/snapback]

Get his email and we'll email him every Monday during the season with Whitner's stats.

Great job by all of you that helped ride that pig faced Satan Chris Mortenson and helped show the world what a knob he is!!

Thanks for fighting the good fight and let us never let our guard down in our efforts to make his life a living hell!!!

Peace.

682539[/snapback]

I'm really, really certain he's going to lose a lot of sleep.