Mort chat tidbit

That is because, as the NYTimes disclosed yesterday, ESPN finds out about EVERY pick 15 seconds before it is announced.  THERE IS NO CABDRIVER.

683417[/snapback]

Never said there was a cab driver. I was just pointing out the fact he mentioned it. somebody else said they heard no mention of the cab driver so I thought I would let them know. OBVIOUSLY ESPN has to know ahead of time so they can get the highlight reels going.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because, as the NYTimes disclosed yesterday, ESPN finds out about EVERY pick 15 seconds before it is announced.  THERE IS NO CABDRIVER.

683417[/snapback]

I would guess Berman's Bills source told him they would pick Bunkley or perhaps a trade was being done. Berman probably told Mort that info. But then at that 15 second mark the word came in with the real pick - hence the comment about the cabbie being stuck at the light.

Never said there was a cab driver. I was just pointing out the fact he mentioned it. somebody else said they heard no mention of the cab driver  so I thought I would let them know. OBVIOUSLY  ESPN has to know ahead of time so they can get the highlight reels going.

683498[/snapback]

I'm sure ESPN does get the selection prior to announcement so they can que up the Highlight Package...But back in the day so-to-speak, Berman had his info coming directly from John Butler, I thought everyone knew that...They were pretty close...Also, back then the Bills rarely if ever moved in the Draft so it was pretty easy for Berman...He always knew who they would take if the Player was still on the Board...

The Cabbie is long gone though in Buffalo for Berman...Maybe Marv can help him revive that connection though...:w00t: