this pats game is *everything*

nodnarb

if the bills can win this game, it will give them the confidence they need to get a positive streak going. Look at our upcoming schedule. We either win two of the next three games or the season is busted. We can't go into the second half with four losses to the AFC and expect to make the playoffs.

if they win this game, which i believe is possible despite the psychology and the odds and belichick and his chessmaster mystique, i just KNOW the bills will win their next five games - all the way up to the away pats game. If we win sunday, we'll be 6-2 going in to NE.

Lose this game, and we'll be lucky to be 3-5 going into week 9. If there ever was a pivotal game, it's this one. Glad it's at home.

If you're going: Make it the LOUDEST game ever. ruin your throats. bring noise makers. make it UNBELIEVALBE when the pats are at the line with the ball.

if the bills can win this game, it will give them the confidence they need to get a positive streak going. Look at our upcoming schedule. We either win two of the next three games or the season is busted. We can't go into the second half with four losses to the AFC and expect to make the playoffs.

if they win this game, which i believe is possible despite the psychology and the odds and belichick and his chessmaster mystique, i just KNOW the bills will win their next five games - all the way up to the away pats game. If we win sunday, we'll be 6-2 going in to NE.

Lose this game, and we'll be lucky to be 3-5 going into week 9.  If there ever was a pivotal game, it's this one. Glad it's at home.

If you're going: Make it the LOUDEST game ever. ruin your throats. bring noise makers. make it UNBELIEVALBE when the pats are at the line with the ball.

50623[/snapback]

Come on. Jesus.

I hope to god we can win this game so this football season will mean something. But win the next five after that to go 6-2? What in the world would make you think that.

In fact, how the hell are we going to keep up with the Jets in the Meadowlands next week? Even more, how the hell are we going to mount enough offense to win in Baltimore?

Come on for christ's sake, one game at a time. I for one feel we'll win this week, and I don't know why. But come next week, at 1-2 vs. the Jets, I'll be just as skeptical as I've always been that we'll be able to put together a good road performance!

I wouldn't say that the Pats game is "everything" but we HAVE to win 2 or our next 3 and that would be a whole lot easier if we beat the Pats. We "should" be able to beat the Phins at home, so we basically need to split with the Pats/Jets. That would put us at 2-3 but with 2 wins within the division.

50623[/snapback]

bump for this comment alone!

The minute the Bills Offense comes on the field, I'm starting the wave !

50626[/snapback]

I still can not believe I saw BILLS fans doing the wave while we had the ball. Back when the wave was cool we didn't even do that! WTF were those chuckleheaded assclowns thinking?

I wouldn't say that the Pats game is "everything" but we HAVE to win 2 or our next 3 and that would be a whole lot easier if we beat the Pats.  We "should" be able to beat the Phins at home, so we basically need to split with the Pats/Jets.  That would put us at 2-3 but with 2 wins within the division.

51187[/snapback]

Well...it's one heck of a hill to climb starting any Season 0-3...I think the number is something like 3.5% of NFL teams make the Playoffs after an 0-3 start (I know it's 3.6% or 1 out of 28 Teams since 1988). IF the Bills go 2-1 in the next 3, they are going into Baltimore with a 2-3 Record (where they will obviously be underdogs), so even 2 of the next 3 will likely leave Buffalo 3-5 at the midway point. Plus a loss vs. NE means the Bills have to win at The Jets to take 2 of the next 3, and I actually think that may be a bigger longshot than beating the Patsies at Home.

Granted the 2nd Half looks to be much easier right now, but who the heck knows? Asking this Team to go 6-2 in the 2nd Half just to get to 9 Wins is a big stretch...

I think when it's all said and done Sundays Game is as close to a must Win as you're going to get... I know it's early, but the scale tips WAY against the Bills if they fall to 0-3...Sobering, but that's where we are at... :devil:

If the Bills are ever going to do anything, it has to start someplace.

Why not NOW?

If 51 - 3 was the highwatermark of this franchise, then the GW era is arguably its nadir - if only because it's nearer in time to some of the ancient tragedies.

Things have to change if they're going to improve and the biggest change they could make is in attitude. Mularkey's got to find a way to change their attitude and keep it changed or he'll eventually end up on the coaching scrap heap behind OBD too.

the bills will win this game, they'll beat the jets next week, and crush miami at home to move to 3-2. they'll then lose a tough one in baltimore and beat arizona and the jets at home to be 5-3 going to new england for a game that decides 1st place in the division.

ok...i'm awake now. but seriously, i think the roadie vs. new york is the only game that might go the other way. if buffalo is 4-4 going into new england, i'll be pretty happy.