OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 2006 THREAD!

sven233

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This mock Draft had him going to the Fish in round 1.

Football.com

If you look at like we stole one from the Fish, I don't think it's a bad pick at all.

674808[/snapback]

YOU DONT DRAFT A GUY JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW OR THINK ANOTHER TEAM IS GOING TO DRAFT HIM, ESPECIALLY 8 PICKS TOO HIGH....DIDNT WE GO THROUGH THAT ALREADY WITH DENNEY, HOW DID THAT WORK OUT

the apologists are coming

this is just silly.

the bills AND detriot didn't bother to trade down to pick up a 3rd, arizona prolly thought they didn't need to trade up (as cutler OR matt would have gone to them). so the bills were looking at trading down to 14-18 and getting a 3rd rounder? we have 2 as it is, we wanted the biggest impact guy we could get in the 1st.

we had a shot at either QB, ngata, bunk, justice, and so on but decided on this guy. i think the bills thought this guy is worth more than anyone named above plus a 3rd, otherwise they could have taken any one of them.

We NEEDED to draft a name. Other than McGahee and Spikes we have NO ONE anyone outside of the Bills recognizes. We're a joke in the NFL because we don't have marquee players. We reach in every draft and pick nobodys

674844[/snapback]

That has to be the DUMBEST reason to draft a player I've ever heard. :(

PTR

Yeah drafting a recognizable player is stupid. id rather have a guy that was projected to go in the 2nd. Leinhart would have given us a reason to be excited about our offense again. Whitneris going to be a good player for us but we could have changed the face of the franchise

YOU DONT DRAFT A GUY JUST BECAUSE YOU KNOW OR THINK ANOTHER TEAM IS GOING TO DRAFT HIM, ESPECIALLY 8 PICKS TOO HIGH....DIDNT WE GO THROUGH THAT ALREADY WITH DENNEY, HOW DID THAT WORK OUT

the apologists are coming

674831[/snapback]

I thought we learned our lesson with Ryan Denney

OK, OK.....I have cooled down a bit. Even though I thought the pick was too high, I still like the player.

Here is the thing....Whitner works out with Fletcher and Spikes. They rave about the guy's work ethic and for his desire.

He is ALWAYS around the football. He can make plays.

He is solid in run support. He hits hard and is a strong tackler.

He is fast. He runs around 4.36 so he can stay with even the best receivers.

He can cover TEs one on one.

He plays with a mean streak!

His only real weakness is his size. He is only 5'11". So, he will have a little troubel with the taller receivers, however, he does have a 40" verticle leap. So, he can make up for his lack of height in that way.

The big thing, and I think the reason he was drafted by the Bills is this....HIS ATTITUDE! He is a "FOOTBALL PLAYER." I know that gets over used, but it is true with this guy.

While I still think it might be a bit high, I think he is a solid player and will be our SS for many years to come.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Spikes and Fletcher love the guy. Nobody has a better work ethic than they do. So, if you like and respect those guys, don't be too upset with Whitner.

I think he will be a good fit for this team.

we really need to trade back into the 1st round and pick up a guy like bunkley if hes still around, deal clements and a 3rd rounder, i dont see us paying nate the money hes looking for

674933[/snapback]

John McCargo is the guy to trade back into the first round for

6. * John McCargo, 6-2, 302, N.C. State

Mr. Inside who often occupied multiple blockers to help free up pass rushing teammates Mario Williams and Manny Watson. A stress fracture in his left foot ended his 2005 season in October, and then he opted to skip his senior season to enter the draft. Injury doesn't concern scouts, who like his strength and non-stop motor.

OK, OK.....I have cooled down a bit.  Even though I thought the pick was too high, I still like the player.

Here is the thing....Whitner works out with Fletcher and Spikes.  They rave about the guy's work ethic and for his desire.

He is ALWAYS around the football.  He can make plays.

He is solid in run support.  He hits hard and is a strong tackler.

He is fast.  He runs around 4.36 so he can stay with even the best receivers.

His only real weakness is his size.  He is only 5'11".  So, he will have a little troubel with the taller receivers, however, he does have a 40" verticle leap.  So, he can make up for his lack of height in that way.

The big thing, and I think the reason he was drafted by the Bills is this....HIS ATTITUDE!  He is a "FOOTBALL PLAYER."  I know that gets over used, but it is true with this guy.

While I still think it might be a bit high, I think he is a solid player and will be our SS for many years to come.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Spikes and Fletcher love the guy.  Nobody has a better work ethic than they do.  So, if you like and respect those guys, don't be too upset with Whitner.

674941[/snapback]

Where did you find that Spikes and Fletcher love the pick...thanks

OK, OK.....I have cooled down a bit.  Even though I thought the pick was too high, I still like the player.

Here is the thing....Whitner works out with Fletcher and Spikes.  They rave about the guy's work ethic and for his desire.

He is ALWAYS around the football.  He can make plays.

He is solid in run support.  He hits hard and is a strong tackler.

He is fast.  He runs around 4.36 so he can stay with even the best receivers.

His only real weakness is his size.  He is only 5'11".  So, he will have a little troubel with the taller receivers, however, he does have a 40" verticle leap.  So, he can make up for his lack of height in that way.

The big thing, and I think the reason he was drafted by the Bills is this....HIS ATTITUDE!  He is a "FOOTBALL PLAYER."  I know that gets over used, but it is true with this guy.

Also, it doesn't hurt that Spikes and Fletcher love the guy.  Nobody has a better work ethic than they do.  So, if you like and respect those guys, don't be too upset with Whitner.

674941[/snapback]

Where did you see that he worked out w/ Spikes/fletch??

Where did you see that he worked out w/ Spikes/fletch??

674971[/snapback]

It has been reported.....in fact, Fletcher was just on WGR doing an interview.........said his work ethic is second to none. I am sure Fletcher's interview will be in the Audio Vault soon.