Why Mullarkey is our coach

PromoTheRobot

In Bill Belichick's new book, there is discussion about Drew Bledsoe. Contrary to his public "team guy" persona, Drew was doing a lot of bitching about losing his starting job. He felt that Belichick and OC Charlie Weis lied to him. Apparently Drew had issues with Weis before that.

Fast forward to the Bills head coach search. Do you think that Bledsoe may have nixed Weis, and maybe even Romeo Cronell, as a Bills coach?

PTR

I don't think Drew's opinions of the coach mattered in the selection. If TD wanted either of the Pats' assistants & they would have wanted Drew gone, Drew would have been gone-not the other way around. I think the bigger reason that TD hired MM over CW & RC is because the last time TD hired a coach he waited until after the Super Bowl was over & suddenly found out that the guy he was waiting for (Marvin Lewis) didn't want the job based on salary, location, maybe he thought he had the Cleveland job before Davis was hired, or whatever. He ended up with 2 guys left & picked the wrong one. I believe TD didn't want to get into another last team to hire its coach situation. Mularchy was also being pursued by the Raiders and TD didn't want to lose him waiting for someone who may not even take the job if offerred. Also I think he didn't see that Mularchy was any more a risk than either of the NE duo.

nope. weis has always been complimentary of drew, and vice versa. there's some degree of bitching in every locker room on every team. last season the pats looked like they were torn apart at the seams but then what happened?

weiss said after his interview with donahoe that it was the best interview he'd had, and he was really impressed by TD. It was AFTER his Bills interview that Weiss starting making some noise about the unfairness of the NFL's policy on interview timing vis a vis the superbowl.

2 plus 2 does NOT equal 5.

If Drew keeps producing like he has... he will surely hate Mularkey soon. That's becausee MM will bench his a$$. I've listened to MM and watched his body language...he is supporting Drew right now, but a couple more bad games and he will turn to Matthews or whoever,

nope. weis has always been complimentary of drew, and vice versa. there's some degree of bitching in every locker room on every team. last season the pats looked like they were torn apart at the seams but then what happened?

weiss said after his interview with donahoe that it was the best interview he'd had, and he was really impressed by TD. It was AFTER his Bills interview that Weiss starting making some noise about the unfairness of the NFL's policy on interview timing vis a vis the superbowl.

2 plus 2 does NOT equal 5.

50212[/snapback]

Also remember that Weis allegedly told TD how to "fix" Bledsoe, meaning Weis likely would have kept him.

As for Bledsoe complaining about losing his job, duh!

I don't want a guy who is told he can't fight for his old job back and is happy about it. Thats when you know a guy is done. Three years after this all happened have yo ever heard any former current patriots complain about the way Drew handled himself. Was Drew perfect, probably not. When it came down to crunch time, did he do the right thing, probably.

I don't want a guy who is told he can't fight for his old job back and is happy about it.  Thats when you know a guy is done.  Three years after this all happened have yo ever heard any former current patriots complain about the way Drew handled himself.  Was Drew perfect, probably not.  When it came down to crunch time, did he do the right thing, probably.

50354[/snapback]

You can also tell when a QB is done when a second year replacement steps in without any experience and immediately doubles his production and sends him packing.

Oh, wait, most people can tell he's done. Donahoe has issues in seeing much of anything realistic.

Milloy, Bledsoe and Law all don't seem to care for BB very much.

50367[/snapback]

Gee, I wonder why.

<P>

It's not like it could be them or anything.

Fast forward to the Bills head coach search.  Do you think that Bledsoe may have nixed Weis, and maybe even Romeo Cronell, as a Bills coach?

PTR

Two Words: GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

I don't think Drew's opinions of the coach mattered in the selection.  If TD wanted either of the Pats' assistants & they would have wanted Drew gone, Drew would have been gone-not the other way around. I think the bigger reason that TD hired MM over CW & RC is because the last time TD hired a coach he waited until after the Super Bowl was over & suddenly found out that the guy he was waiting for (Marvin Lewis) didn't want the job based on salary, location, maybe he thought he had the Cleveland job before Davis was hired, or whatever.  He ended up with 2 guys left & picked the wrong one.  I believe TD didn't want to get into another last team to hire its coach situation.  Mularchy was also being pursued by the Raiders and TD didn't want to lose him waiting for someone who may not even take the job if offerred.  Also I think he didn't see that Mularchy was any more a risk than either of the NE duo.

50084[/snapback]

Plus don't forget his Pittsburgh connection.....TD has been around MM for

a decade and knows him out to give him that comfort level.....

TD is trying to build a power running team. Weiss has never been able to implement that type of offense in NE.

Weis plays a spread the field passing game, something that matches up poorly with Buffalo's personnel.

Crennel is a DC, and it looks like TD was interested in hiring an offensive guy, knowing that was the part of the team that needed the most help.

I doubt you need to look any further than that in figuring out TDs coaching decision.