Why Mullarkey is our coach

PromoTheRobot

TD is trying to build a power running team.  Weiss has never been able to implement that type of offense in NE.

Weis plays a spread the field passing game, something that matches up poorly with Buffalo's personnel.

Crennel is a DC, and it looks like TD was interested in hiring an offensive guy, knowing that was the part of the team that needed the most help.

I doubt you need to look any further than that in figuring out TDs coaching decision.

50690[/snapback]

I agree with you on Crennel, it wasn't his fault. It was just clear that the Bills were looking to bring in an offensive guy. But, my take on Weis is that TD may have been uncomfortable with Charlie's "gambler" persona. I watch a lot of Pats games, and Weis makes some really fakakta calls from time to time. They often work, like David Patten throwing a TD a couple years ago, but often they put the Pats in a worse position.

Also remember that Weis allegedly told TD how to "fix" Bledsoe, meaning Weis likely would have kept him. 

I think that probably was a smart move by Charlie, in that he wants to be a head coach pretty badly. He doesn't have the type of pull to come into an interview and start making personel decisions. Any decision on Drew has huge cap consequences.

The bottom line on Charlie "fixing" Bledsoe is 5-13. Drew is definitely not a good fit for Charlie's offense. My guess is that if Charlie had gotten the job, he would have started lobbying for a Drew-free world pretty soon, because Charlie is into self-preservation like most people.

Interesting thought - and worth at least some consideration.

But I don't buy it.

I am sure that TD felt like he knew a little more about MM than CW or RC and felt that MM could bring in a O package that TD was more comfortable with over Weis (e.g. Tom Clements and the promise of Sam Wyche)...

Drew has virtually no say IMO over what happens front office-wise any more than any other player...