BILLS SIGN A-TRAIN (AKA ANTHONY THOMAS)

We'll have to see how this turns out. He B&Md his way out of Dallas last year. Tuna didn't give him the playing time he thought he deserved (if memory serves was inactive several games) so he got cut. Hope he has a little something left in the tank.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just not understanding folks on this board for a while now....

Anthony Thomas is not being brought in to be a starter.....we have a workhorse in Willis Magehee who will need a blow every now and then....

He is a veteran, experienced, "gotten it done" rb who isn't too light for the position (aka Shawd Williams) who could come in and do some damage while Willis is getting a breather......

What is the friggen problem....same with the Reyes thing. There were people on this board that were begging the bills mgt to sign him not to long ago....now people feel there is a need to tear him apart...... :lol:

He is a veteran, experienced, "gotten it done" rb

673094[/snapback]

By that, do you mean 2.1 yards at a time? I'd put more faith in Gates, having never set foot in an NFL game, than A-Train on his 4th team in the past two years.

What is the friggen problem....same with the Reyes thing.  There were people on this board that were begging the bills mgt to sign him not to long ago....now people feel there is a need to tear him apart...... :D

673094[/snapback]

It's pretty simple really. No good players want to come to Buffalo, so if we signed him, then he must suck. Alternatively, if he's so good, why didn't any of the other 31 teams sign him?

At the very least he won't be able to play up to the insanely high contract offer we gave him. After all, if our offer wasn't insanely high, then why didn't someone else outbid us? :lol:

Wall mentality in a nutshell...

Marv's a busy man. I really like what he is doing. Thomas' contract is for a year, so it's a show and prove. Willis will have a veteran guy who has been the man for a team and rushed over 1,000 yards giving him a little push. Plus, it is a veteran who can give him some advice (I highly doubt Travis did this). A rb rotation of Willis, Thomas, and Gates or Williams is pretty solid. Now only if Marv didn't re-sign Reed, he might be working on a solid B+ grade.

Marv's a busy man.  I really like what he is doing.  Thomas' contract is for a year, so it's a show and prove.  Willis will have a veteran guy who has been the man for a team and rushed over 1,000 yards giving him a little push.  Plus, it is a veteran who can give him some advice (I highly doubt Travis did this).  A rb rotation of Willis, Thomas, and Gates or Williams is pretty solid.  Now only if Marv didn't re-sign Reed, he might be working on a solid B+ grade.

673126[/snapback]

Marv is building a bench.

I like the Atrain signing. My biggest issue with him, is he has always been very out-spoken about never wanting to play special teams. I believe that a backup running back has got to help out where ever possible and that includes ST's.

Yeah, friggin unreal isn't it? I think some people just LOVE to be negative. The fact is AT is very good depth with very little risk.

Anthony Thomas is not being brought in to be a starter.....we have a workhorse in Willis Magehee who will need a blow every now and then....

He is a veteran, experienced, "gotten it done" rb who isn't too light for the position (aka Shawd Williams) who could come in and do some damage while Willis is getting a breather......

What is the friggen problem....same with the Reyes thing.  There were people on this board that were begging the bills mgt to sign him not to long ago....now people feel there is a need to tear him apart...... :lol:

673094[/snapback]