BILLS SIGN A-TRAIN (AKA ANTHONY THOMAS)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ehh, I am not that impressed with this signing, I still say we draft another RB late. Didnt he have some knee problems.

672780[/snapback]

I agree. He'll be a great change of pace, but he has had knee trouble, and I don't know if he had to be the starter, incase WM goes down with an injury, if he could withstand the wear and tear of an entire season. I like Washington from FSU, and Riggs from UT as a late round pick.

I agree. He'll be a great change of pace, but he has had knee trouble, and I don't know if he had to be the starter, incase WM goes down with an injury, if he could withstand the wear and tear of an entire season. I like Washington from FSU, and Riggs from UT as a late round pick.

672796[/snapback]

A nice shot of youth would be nice here.

Any links? I havent seen anything on this

672834[/snapback]

From Clayton's blog:

The Bills reached a one-year deal with running back Anthony Thomas after agreeing to terms with former Panthers guard Tutan Reyes. That takes some of the urgency out of attempting to trade into the latter stages of the first round (In other words, I've got to cover my butt when the Bills dont trade back into the first and prove me wrong...yet again). Most teams looking for offense with second-round picks are looking toward the lower part of the first round for offensive linemen or running backs. However, the two recent signings have provided Buffalo with a backup to Willis McGahee in Thomas and a potential starting guard in Reyes. That allows the Bills the chance to concentrate on a first-round defensive player, possibly Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley.

The Eagles are trying to trade to the No. 8 or No. 9 spot in the first round to get defensive tackle Bunkley or Haloti Ngata, but don't expect a trade with the Bills. The Eagles aren't offering enough to get the Bills to give up the defensive tackle that fits their needs, Bunkley. If the price is right, though, the Bills could move from No. 8 to No. 14 and be able to get left tackle Winston Justice. Still, odds of a deal are minimal. The Eagles might have better success with the Lions, who have the ninth overall pick, but that trade would cost the Lions safety Michael Huff or linebacker Ernie Sims.

Speaking of the Eagles, they aren't completely locked into taking Winston Justice as their left tackle of the future. If they can't come up with a defensive tackle in a trade up from the No. 14 pick, they could trade down and take center Nick Mangold at a lower spot in the first round.

From Clayton's blog:

The Bills reached a one-year deal with running back Anthony Thomas after agreeing to terms with former Panthers guard Tutan Reyes. That takes some of the urgency out of attempting to trade into the latter stages of the first round (In other words, I've got to cover my butt when the Bills dont trade back into the first and prove me wrong...yet again). Most teams looking for offense with second-round picks are looking toward the lower part of the first round for offensive linemen or running backs. However, the two recent signings have provided Buffalo with a backup to Willis McGahee in Thomas and a potential starting guard in Reyes. That allows the Bills the chance to concentrate on a first-round defensive player, possibly Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley.

The Eagles are trying to trade to the No. 8 or No. 9 spot in the first round to get defensive tackle Bunkley or Haloti Ngata, but don't expect a trade with the Bills. The Eagles aren't offering enough to get the Bills to give up the defensive tackle that fits their needs, Bunkley. If the price is right, though, the Bills could move from No. 8 to No. 14 and be able to get left tackle Winston Justice. Still, odds of a deal are minimal. The Eagles might have better success with the Lions, who have the ninth overall pick, but that trade would cost the Lions safety Michael Huff or linebacker Ernie Sims.

Speaking of the Eagles, they aren't completely locked into taking Winston Justice as their left tackle of the future. If they can't come up with a defensive tackle in a trade up from the No. 14 pick, they could trade down and take center Nick Mangold at a lower spot in the first round.

672835[/snapback]

For once I agree with Clayton. Bunkley or the tradedown is the pick IMO-unless by some miracle DaBrick slides to us