Is Buffalo Bills.com trying to tell us something?

Is Buffalo Bills.com trying to tell us something?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Buffalo Bills.com trying to tell us something?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Know

I'm probably over looking into things but I can't help but notice the stories put up at BB.com the last few days. It's making me think less and less that Ngata be the pick as yesterday Chris Brown reported aboout Bills New Schemes, Character Determine Who Fits and who's pictured for the story but none other than Ngata. Not to mention Brown writes: "The most important part of that question 'Does he fit?' concerns the offensive and defensive schemes being utilized in Buffalo. If it's a defensive tackle for example, can he push the pocket, penetrate and have strong pursuit to the ball? That's what will be needed up front in defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's scheme." Now there's a story today talking about Scouting Dilemmas with Underclassmen. Well as many have posted Ngata isn't the best fit for our D and he is an underclassman. Can it be the Bills are trying to tip off that Bunkley is their guy or am I over studying things?

No. If I'm not mistaken no one in Orchard Park (or in Buffalo, for that matter) even works on or has anything to do with that site.
That said...The site is the "official website", owned by the Buffalo Bills and I'd bet they say what go's on the site and what does not.

I am changing my mind and hope we draft Bunkley- before I was lobbying for Justice.  We need DL bad and Bunkley looks better to me then Ngata.  Too bad- I like the sound of "we gotta draft ngata"

670491[/snapback]

From what little I've seen, Bunkley is a bad, bad man.... ;)

Can it be the Bills are trying to tip off that Bunkley is their guy or am I over studying things?

670461[/snapback]

I think they are talking about Ngata in an attempt to make people think they are going to draft Bunkley, but they are really going to draft Ngata.

I think they are talking about Ngata in an attempt to make people think they are going to draft Bunkley, but they are really going to draft Ngata.

671015[/snapback]

I would tend to agree with this.

With the 8 th pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select...............................................................................................................

Broderick Bunkley DT Florida State --que the tape and Mel KIper Jr. voice over.

With the 8 th  pick in the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select...............................................................................................................

Broderick Bunkley DT Florida State --que the tape and Mel KIper Jr. voice over.

671051[/snapback]

que pasa?

I get the distinct impression that the Bills camp is divided on whom they will take, assuming that someone like D'Brick doesn't fall to them.

Clearly OL and DL represent our biggest need. Modrak pretty much made it clear that he sees no other OL besides D'Brick worthy of being selected in the top 10. If he somehow gets past the Jets, selecting him at #8 becomes a no brainer.

Otherwise... I get the feeling that there are some vocal supporters of Huff and there are other vocal supporters of Vernon Davis. The staff appears to feel that either is a better "football player" than Bunkley/Ngata. Of course, either of the DTs would fill a bigger position of need. Indeed, Marv let it slip that he feels (without naming names) that a particular player that they are interested in COULD be available 4 spots later in the draft.

So with all of these mock drafts that are out there, no one -- not even the Bills' front office -- knows what they are going to do with the #8 pick yet.

Indeed, Marv let it slip that he feels (without naming names) that a particular player that they are interested in COULD be available 4 spots later in the draft.

So with all of these mock drafts that are out there, no one -- not even the Bills' front office -- knows what they are going to do with the #8 pick yet.

671079[/snapback]

I still believe there's a good possibilty that someone drafting after the Bills likes someone who is available at #8 and talks trade with the Bills. It'll depend on how much lower that other team is drafting and the total pkg they offer.

Could it be Arizona or St Louis wanting someone like Cutler??

Kiper's Chat from today:

Eric from Troy, Illinois: What is Brodrick Bunkley's biggest draw back? And what scheme is he best suited to play in?

Mel Kiper: I think in terms of what the Bills are doing with the attacking scheme. Quickness off the ball. From what Buffalo wants the DLs to do, Bunkley's a good fit. The only concern I have with Bunkley is he had a great year and shot up from this past year.