And Buffalo wins!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a game. My hat is off to Esche, though. He played a great game.

667854[/snapback]

Every save Esche made gave me that sinking feeling - like what all those teams must've felt like when Hasek was suffocating them years ago in the playoffs.

Nice to see the better team won.

I only listened to the game. Does anyone know where I can see the Campbell hit online?

Every save Esche made gave me that sinking feeling - like what all those teams must've felt like when Hasek was suffocating them years ago in the playoffs.

The only thing that kept me from getting that feeling was the memory of a ridiculous 80 save performance Hasek once had that the Sabres lost. It's what you let through that counts, not what you save.

I only listened to the game.  Does anyone know where I can see the Campbell hit online?

667915[/snapback]

When you get that link, forward it to Umburger. He might like to see that hit, too...he checked out of it early.

I wouldn't go THAT far, but I do love hockey.

Then you'd be wrong. We've already had THREE OT games in the first two days. Both number one seeds trailed going into the third period of their games and the number 2 seed in the West is behind in their series. No one cares nearly as much about winning their trophy as hockey players do.

God-damn, I'm still geeked over that hit on Umberger.

That was kaspiritis-on-lindros-esque.

667911[/snapback]

I think you mean Scott Stevens - but I get the drift. I was off the couch screaming "get some of that". Then I sat down when I realized he was hurt. It's just too bad it wasn't Hatcher.

I remember the Hatcher hit but this one reminded me more of Stevens.

FWIW, ESPN News just showed the Sabres Highlights, 2nd story behind Barbara Bonds first home run. They showed the hit 3, 4 times, with 2 of the times Umberger's eyes becoming glazed donuts.

Didn't even show Briere's OT goal. By far, the biggest chuck of the Sabres/Friers Highlights were of the hit.

Clutch win for the sabres. Will give miller a shot of confidence, and moe importantly, the "mystique" of Esche from todays game is gone. A goalie can take a game like that (had he won) and get on a tear. I hope the sabres killed any chances of that happening with Esche tonite.

Then you'd be wrong.  We've already had THREE OT games in the first two days.  Both number one seeds trailed going into the third period of their games and the number 2 seed in the West is behind in their series.  No one cares nearly as much about winning their trophy as hockey players do.

Football's always #1 for me.

I think you mean Scott Stevens - but I get the drift.  I was off the couch screaming "get some of that".  Then I sat down when I realized he was hurt.  It's just too bad it wasn't Hatcher.

I was raising hell when it happened. I thought the stripe-shirts had called a penalty on it for leaving the skates.

Actually THIS was the hit I was thinking of.

post-2006-1145763576_thumb.jpg

Let's just say, I agree.  It's too bad so many people don't get it.*

*None of you soccer fairies better chime in, either.  There's no solidarity here.

667913[/snapback]

Hockey and Football are both on a level above everything else I think.

Tough call between hockey and football though for me.

No one cares nearly as much about winning their trophy as hockey players do.

667920[/snapback]

And then they shake hands afterwards. Not only are they men, they are gentlemen. The NBA players after a series are out getting new tats and !@#$ing the losers wife.

And then they shake hands afterwards.  Not only are they men, they are gentlemen.  The NBA players after a series are out getting new tats and !@#$ing the losers wife.

667946[/snapback]

I can't tell you the last time I watched an NBA game. I watched about 5 minutes of the NCAA tournament (which used to rival the SC playoffs in my youth). Basketball sucks now.

And then they shake hands afterwards.  Not only are they men, they are gentlemen.  The NBA players after a series are out getting new tats and !@#$ing the losers wife.

667946[/snapback]

Those not involved in the celebration drive-by.

Let's just say, I agree.  It's too bad so many people don't get it.*

*None of you soccer fairies better chime in, either.  There's no solidarity here.

667913[/snapback]

Now why ya gotta go and hack on soccer??? It's not like they're mutually exclusive for gosh sakes. :lol: