And Buffalo wins!

Direct Tv does not sell in Canada.  They have an affiliate (dishnetwork) that sells here but it sucks. 

Bell has a NFL package but most of the bills games and hockey games are on tv so cable is good enough.

668028[/snapback]

Well hell...as much as you like sports, I'd work some extra hours and save up five bills....I don't know anyone who loves sports and has HD that says it's not worth it. It's like night and day...truly

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, the father/son thing, the feel - I just watched Field of Dreams for the first time in 15 years, and that's what that was all about...........There's all that plus it is so dramatic. Much like another favorite activity, it has it's foreplay with a single, then you get to second base.....The tensions builds and the crowd stands up.........Every pitch gets more intense..........The odds are still against the hit being made, but when it does it is the greatest climax in sports.

I can go on about just the Indians being down 14-2 in the 7th inning to the Mariners in '01.........They get a few home runs, but they are still down by three runs with two outs and nobody on in the bottom of the ninth..........They get three guys on, and up comes Omar........Not the greatest hittter..........Get a hit and some runs in and you're still down with two outs......He goes deep in the count, and then lines a bases clearing triple down the line to tie the game!...........That was one of the greatest moments in sports I have ever seen. It was after midnight and I was jumping around my living room like the Bills just won the Super Bowl..........Then, they win the game in extra innings.

Well hell...as much as you like sports, I'd work some extra hours and save up five bills....I don't know anyone who loves sports and has HD that says it's not worth it. It's like night and day...truly

668029[/snapback]

If i'd save up 5 bills, i'd save up another 5 and take a nice trip to Cuba or something. I'm sick of the cold weather. I have too much expenses now especially since i don't work full time and have school to pay for, as well as a car.

Yeah, the father/son thing, the feel - I just watched Field of Dreams for the first time in 15 years, and that's what that was all about...........There's all that plus it is so dramatic.  Much like another favorite activity, it has it's foreplay with a  single, then you get to second base.....The tensions builds and the crowd stands up.........Every pitch gets more intense..........The odds are still against the hit being made, but when it does it is the greatest climax in sports.

I can go on about just the Indians being down 14-2 in the 7th inning to the Mariners in '01.........They get a few home runs, but they are still down by three runs with two outs and nobody on in the bottom of the ninth..........They get three guys on, and up comes Omar........Not the greatest hittter..........Get a hit and some runs in and you're still down with two outs......He goes deep in the count, and then lines a bases clearing triple down the line to tie the game!...........That was one of the greatest moments in sports I have ever seen.  It was after midnight and I was jumping around my living room like the Bills just won the Super Bowl..........Then, they win the game in extra innings.

668030[/snapback]

I guess I better not mention that I'm a Braves fan if you like the Indians, lol....

Field of Dreams was a great flick....I've probably seen it about four times.

If i'd save up 5 bills, i'd save up another 5 and take a nice trip to Cuba or something.  I'm sick of the cold weather.  I have too much expenses now especially since i don't work full time and have school to pay for, as well as a car.

668032[/snapback]

Cuba??? You're an interesting dude, Meazza :lol:

what's wrong with Cuba?  a lot of people i know go to either the resorts in mexico or cuba as they're only about 1000$.

668038[/snapback]

I don't typically target communist countries as vacation destinations, but this gets back to that whole 'preferences' thing :lol:

Just got back from the bars (watched the OT game in Albany). Great win for the Sabres, you really do feel bad for Esche since he had the Sabres beat a couple of times. But...so it goes. 1-0 sounds good to me...this is the type of game that just deflates an opponent.

I don't typically target communist countries as vacation destinations, but this gets back to that whole 'preferences' thing  :lol:

668039[/snapback]

who cares? the resorts are filled with tourists. they have beaches and i don't think visiting a communist countries beaches turns you into a commy lol

is it true that Americans aren't allowed to travel to Cuba directly?

who cares?  the resorts are filled with tourists.  they have beaches and i don't think visiting a communist countries beaches turns you into a commy lol

668041[/snapback]

That's a good question....I'm not really sure. BiB probably knows....that's his area.

I think we can only travel there by innertube :lol:

I officially hate ESPN now. I had to leave the house after the first period and didn't get back in my car until well after the game had ended. Turned on ESPN Radio to find out the final score during one of their 20-minute Updates...all I got was basketball scores, frigging baseball scores (?!?), and some Nascar result. Not even a whiff of hockey scores. Glad I don't have much need for radio.

668022[/snapback]

On Sportcenter, doing their "Top 10 plays of the Night", Campbell's hit is #7, and Briere's game winner was #1, complete with Rick Jenerrets call....

I hate ESPN too! :lol:

All I gotta say is...whew!

Note to self: when TiVo'ing a playoff game, set the damn recorder for 5 hours. :lol:

I had an unavoidable conflict so I couldn't watch it live...set the Tivo for 3 hours without thinking about OT possibilities -- stupid.

Got home at 11:30, avoided turning on any live TV, and started watching the recording. When Gagne scored to tie it I thought, "oh schitt, I only set this thing for 3 hours." Watched about 7 minutes of OT before the recording stopped, then held my breath as I turned on the ESPNews ticker.

UNREAL hit on Umberger, and I'm thrilled to read this a.m. that nobody is calling it cheap or dirty. That was as solid and clean a hit as you'll ever see in this game.

Go Sabes, make it 2-0 tomorrow night!

Fuggin Nascar....there's a 'sport' we can probably all agree sucks a big one.

668024[/snapback]

I have no problem with the "sport" (obligatory quotes - no, I couldn't do it. I can't perform bypass surgery either, that doesn't make cardiothoracic surgeons athletes).

What I have a problem with is the lame commercialization of it all. The was a commercial on with a blonde girl in a corvette throughout yesterday's game, for NASCAR car cleaner or something. My wife and I kinda sat there for a bit... so NASCAR makes it clean better? Or is it just faster?

Competitive cheerleading. I don't get that either.

BUT... thread hijacking aside, that was one hell of a game. Bunch of missed passes early on but it looked to me like Buff just dominated that game. If Esche plays like he usually does (and probably will after having a performance like that mean nothing) and this looks like a 4 - 1 series.

-Jeff

who cares?  the resorts are filled with tourists.  they have beaches and i don't think visiting a communist countries beaches turns you into a commy lol

668041[/snapback]

Yes. It's true. Search for a flight online, and you'll see something like "Due to a U.S. government travel restriction we are unable to book this reservation." Care of travel.yahoo.com.

I can't even book Mexico City to Havana, but I can buy this here direct NYC to Tehran, Iran flight without a problem. :lol:

Now that I've searched for flights to both Havana and Tehran, I don't expect to be around much longer. Wait, be right back... there's a knock at the door now....

-Jeff

What an awesome game. I woke up still feeling pretty damn happy. It was funny, yesterday was about 75 and sunny here so there was partying going on in full effect. I went to a big party across the street rocking my black Barnaby jersey. Almost immediately, a guy yelled let's go Buffalo or somethng like that. He was also from Buffalo and obviously a huge fan. We shot the sh-- for a while about the Sabes, Bills, etc. Came to find out that he was watchin the game with a couple other Sabres fans at his buddys place. I was already about 12 beers deep and ended up being able to watch the game with some other Sabres fans. Cant beat that.

We were nervous as hell all through OT until we scored. There were some girls over too, and I'm pretty sure they thought we were all insane. Their suspicions were probably confirmed when they scored and we started screaming and jumping up and down like animals.

BUT... thread hijacking aside, that was one hell of a game. Bunch of missed passes early on but it looked to me like Buff just dominated that game. If Esche plays like he usually does (and probably will after having a performance like that mean nothing) and this looks like a 4 - 1 series.

-Jeff

668091[/snapback]

How did you see the game?? What channel was it on down here?? Or do you have DirecTv?

How did you see the game?? What channel was it on down here?? Or do you have DirecTv?

668239[/snapback]

OLN... I have DTV, but I think the majority of the cable carriers have OLN now...

Do you by chance have a comcast internet account? They have a stream feed for Monday's game.

668240[/snapback]

My cable company is owned my Comcast, so perhaps I do....I dunno, to be honest, but I'll find out. I'm off Monday night so I'd really like to watch the game.