And Buffalo wins!

it's true. nothing comes close to postseason hockey, not even the nfl.

668000[/snapback]

So that's not just a preference, it's an objective fact? lol

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes and don't ever argue it ! lol

668002[/snapback]

Don't worry....I couldn't even if I wanted to lol

why not, do you fear me, or are you waiting to argue with me once your prescious USA gets its ass whooped by gli azzurri? lol

668005[/snapback]

because there is no argument, lol.....people like what they like :P I'm not as big of a hockey fan as most on here, but that's starting to change now that I've seen it in HD. I love the NFL more than anything else, but if someone else really loves baseball I dont think you can really argue about which preference is better, can you? lol

As far as gli azzurri goes, I'm not afraid of terrorists. :lol:

because there is no argument, lol.....people like what they like :w00t:  I'm not as big of a hockey fan as most on here, but that's starting to change now that I've seen it in HD. I love the NFL more than anything else, but if someone else really loves baseball I dont think you can really argue about which preference is better, can you? lol 

As far as gli azzurri goes, I'm not afraid of terrorists.  :lol:

668009[/snapback]

What is it with you and HD. I have a HD tv and i can't really afford a HD receiver but I could seriously watch a game on a 2 inch screen if my team is the one playing.

And ya we're gonna terrorize the field :P

it's true. nothing comes close to postseason hockey, not even the nfl.

668000[/snapback]

I know that I may be the only one on here to think this, but I think postseason baseball is the greatest of all sporting events. Even when I didn't care much about the regular season, I loved the postseason. Now I'm dialed in from Opening Day, anyway.

But, there is just so much drama in baseball. I loved tonight and the building absolutely rocked, but to me it doesn't match the drama of how every pitch is huge in the postseason, the buildup of a big inning, the strategy, etc. I've always said there is nothing better in sports than the big hit - not a touchdown, and definitely not an overtime goal - it happens too fast and you rarely actually see it live. I sure didn't tonight from the other end of the rink.

I know that I may be the only one on here to think this, but I think postseason baseball is the greatest of all sporting events.  Even when I didn't care much about the regular season, I loved the postseason.  Now I'm dialed in from Opening Day, anyway.

But, there is just so much drama in baseball.  I loved tonight and the building absolutely rocked, but to me it doesn't match the drama of how every pitch is huge in the postseason, the buildup of a big inning, the strategy, etc.  I've always said there is nothing better in sports than the big hit - not a touchdown, and definitely not an overtime goal - it happens too fast and you rarely actually see it live.  I sure didn't tonight from the other end of the rink.

668013[/snapback]

I like postseason baseball. Pisses me off that I never got to see my team compete in the postseason though :lol:

What is it with you and HD.  I have a HD tv and i can't really afford a HD receiver but I could seriously watch a game on a 2 inch screen if my team is the one playing. 

And ya we're gonna terrorize the field  :lol:

668010[/snapback]

If you were watching sports in HD you wouldn't need to ask me lol. But I agree with you....I 'watched' most of the Bills games last year in my head, for gosh sakes. I went to the chat and relied on whoever was doing the play by play. When it comes to the Bills, I'll take what I can get....but nothing compares to HD sports :P

Hey, you two get a soccer room. This is a manly man hockey thread. Take your shorts and kneesox somewhere else.

668012[/snapback]

AD brought it up....as usual :lol:

If you were watching sports in HD you wouldn't need to ask me lol. But I agree with you....I 'watched' most of the Bills games last year in my head, for gosh sakes. I went to the chat and relied on whoever was doing the play by play. When it comes to the Bills, I'll take what I can get....but nothing compares to HD sports :lol:

668017[/snapback]

it's too expensive though. I have a Videotron receiver which is pretty much digital cable and that will cost me around 500$ if i want it in HD. I have a sick HD tv though but I cant' spend that kind of money at the moment on an accessory for a tv.

I know that I may be the only one on here to think this, but I think postseason baseball is the greatest of all sporting events.  Even when I didn't care much about the regular season, I loved the postseason.  Now I'm dialed in from Opening Day, anyway.

But, there is just so much drama in baseball.  I loved tonight and the building absolutely rocked, but to me it doesn't match the drama of how every pitch is huge in the postseason, the buildup of a big inning, the strategy, etc.  I've always said there is nothing better in sports than the big hit - not a touchdown, and definitely not an overtime goal - it happens too fast and you rarely actually see it live.  I sure didn't tonight from the other end of the rink.

668013[/snapback]

I enjoy postseason baseball quite a bit. I think of all the sports, baseball just has that aura about it, you know? All the history, the tradition, the social significance, the father/son thing, etc. I think that money and steroids have tarnished its aura quite a bit, but it's still there. There is just something about how it 'feels' that is special. It's still not like football for me, but I do understand the appeal.

I officially hate ESPN now. I had to leave the house after the first period and didn't get back in my car until well after the game had ended. Turned on ESPN Radio to find out the final score during one of their 20-minute Updates...all I got was basketball scores, frigging baseball scores (?!?), and some Nascar result. Not even a whiff of hockey scores. Glad I don't have much need for radio.

it's too expensive though.  I have a Videotron receiver which is pretty much digital cable and that will cost me around 500$ if i want it in HD.  I have a sick HD tv though but I cant' spend that kind of money at the moment on an accessory for a tv.

668019[/snapback]

I don't know what kind of crazy sh-- you guys have up there in Canada, but all I did was take my cable box over and swap it out for an HD one. For an extra few bucks a month, it's a no-brainer. Don't you guys have cable up there for gosh sakes??? Can you get DirecTv?

I officially hate ESPN now. I had to leave the house after the first period and didn't get back in my car until well after the game had ended. Turned on ESPN Radio to find out the final score during one of their 20-minute Updates...all I got was basketball scores, frigging baseball scores (?!?), and some Nascar result. Not even a whiff of hockey scores. Glad I don't have much need for radio.

668022[/snapback]

Fuggin Nascar....there's a 'sport' we can probably all agree sucks a big one.

I don't know what kind of crazy sh-- you guys have up there in Canada, but all I did was take my cable box over and swap it out for an HD one. For an extra few bucks a month, it's a no-brainer. Don't you guys have cable up there for gosh sakes???

668023[/snapback]

Ya videotron (the main service provider) has regular cable and digital cable. The receivers are pretty expensive.

I have the other option of getting a free-to-air high def receiver and it goes for a lot as well.

Ya videotron (the main service provider) has regular cable and digital cable.  The receivers are pretty expensive.

I have the other option of getting a free-to-air high def receiver and it goes for a lot as well.

668025[/snapback]

Wow, that really sucks.....what about DirecTV?

Wow, that really sucks.....what about DirecTV?

668026[/snapback]

Direct Tv does not sell in Canada. They have an affiliate (dishnetwork) that sells here but it sucks. I used to have an illegal DTV back in the NFL card days but they took it down.

Bell has a NFL package but most of the bills games and hockey games are on tv so cable is good enough.