And Buffalo wins!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That an example of the "class" you so often gripe about?  :)

668330[/snapback]

just copying you

the fact that you whine about how you guys got screwed with the refs god knows how long ago yet you call me a whiner is unreal.

but hey life must suck living in alaska, you must find peace in having to take it out on a guy on a messageboard.

With all due respect, unless you NEVER complain/whine about anything bad that happens in your life, spare us the holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to officiating.  sh-- is sh-- no matter HOW and WHERE it's served to you.

668339[/snapback]

alright

With all due respect, unless you NEVER complain/whine about anything bad that happens in your life, spare us the holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to officiating.  sh-- is sh-- no matter HOW and WHERE it's served to you.

668339[/snapback]

:) good point

just copying you

Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

the fact that you whine about how you guys got screwed with the refs god knows how long ago yet you call me a whiner  is unreal.

You talk about how passionate Montreal fans are, yet sit there and criticize someone else for taking issue with a horrendous call that essentially gave the greatest prize in sport to an opponent? Your latin moniker is "Hyppocritus Douchus Baggus."

but hey life must suck living in alaska, you must find peace in having to take it out on a guy on a messageboard.

668337[/snapback]

Right, because some dude who pimps his pedophile website and hangs out in a Sabres chat room WHILE HIS TEAM IS PLAYING A PLAYOFF GAME should be passing judgement (I won't even mention it was a Saturday night, single guy)?

Right, because some dude who pimps his pedophile website and hangs out in a Sabres chat room WHILE HIS TEAM IS PLAYING A PLAYOFF GAME should be passing judgement (I won't even mention it was a Saturday night, single guy)?

668350[/snapback]

C'mon AD, cut him a break. He's just pissed because he was fooled by some texas news station.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?...76&nav=0w0vbZAB

You're exactly right. Blowing a Zebra's head off is the true mark of a man!

668321[/snapback]

No, it's not. But you and your partners have never had to do that to your fellow man, which makes your American Idol stuff really cool and relevant.

OH! Buckey is gone!

Fugg a zebra. That's important.

Give it up. Someone shot a zebra. And if you are told no, no means no.

668316[/snapback]

But it wasn't Koharski! It wasn't even Marouelli! It was some no name ECHL or lower level zebra.

I will not give it up.

You can't make me. (Actually knowing some of your hobbies, you probably can; but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.)

But it wasn't Koharski!  It wasn't even Marouelli!  It was some no name ECHL or lower level zebra. 

I will not give it up. 

You can't make me.  (Actually knowing some of your hobbies, you probably can; but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.)

668363[/snapback]

I've never killed anyone who didn't try to kill me first. Except for once, and that was a mutual accident. Under other circumstances, it could have been funny.

"Stop Shooty!" 12 men iso, now 8 men ipso!"

No, it's not. But you and your partners have never had to do that to your fellow man, which makes your American Idol stuff really cool and relevant.

OH! Buckey is gone!

Fugg a zebra. That's important.

668358[/snapback]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry people, joined in late. Im sure there are some spirited debates, but dont feel like reading through every post so sort of curious as to what i've missed. Has anyone pointed out about how the Philly faithfull cheered while Michael Irvin laid motionless on the turf of Veterens Stadium? :)

No, I'm not.  You're not allowed to hit like that in soccer.  :)

667927[/snapback]

Even without the hitting those soccer pansies stay on the ground rolling around and grabbing their shins longer than Umburger did last night.

I know that I may be the only one on here to think this, but I think postseason baseball is the greatest of all sporting events.  Even when I didn't care much about the regular season, I loved the postseason.  Now I'm dialed in from Opening Day, anyway.

But, there is just so much drama in baseball.  I loved tonight and the building absolutely rocked, but to me it doesn't match the drama of how every pitch is huge in the postseason, the buildup of a big inning, the strategy, etc.  I've always said there is nothing better in sports than the big hit - not a touchdown, and definitely not an overtime goal - it happens too fast and you rarely actually see it live.  I sure didn't tonight from the other end of the rink.

668013[/snapback]

Baseball postseason is awesome, but the drama always involves the Yankees. I actually like watching the Yankees, only because i'm a cubs fan and they're nowhere near a baseball field in october, but the NHL playoffs are such a grind physically and almost any team can emerge as the champs, where baseball has 4 teams routinely in the playoffs and two "suprise" teams. Steinbrenner and the weak player's union has ruined competition in baseball and thats why the NHL is better in my humble opinion.

i'll give you the just give it to them. the no goal i find is exagerated and the homerun throwback could have gone either way. 

i may be a bills fan but i don't buy into the everyone is against us mentality that a lot of bills fans seem to have.

668284[/snapback]

Exaggerated??? laughable. The league changed the rule because of the play. That says it all.

just copying you

the fact that you whine about how you guys got screwed with the refs god knows how long ago yet you call me a whiner  is unreal. 

668337[/snapback]

Alaska is actually quite beautiful, and also not Canada. There are 2 reasons Alaska > Canada.

There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING as exciting as ovetime playoff hockey. I bite my nails to the bone. End to end action with one mistake or one great play and it's all over in a split second. I fuggin love it, and having the Sabres in makes it that much cooler.

There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING as exciting as ovetime playoff hockey.  I bite my nails to the bone.  End to end action with one mistake or one great play and it's all over in a split second.  I fuggin love it, and having the Sabres in makes it that much cooler.

668522[/snapback]

Dead nuts, straight on, hit the nail on the head.

You definitely understand the show. :)

I love the fact that each OT period is a full 20min, without hardly any commercials

668594[/snapback]

If it is a US broadcast, there are 0 commercials. It's been too long since I've seen a HNIC, TSN, or Roger's Sportsnet playoff OT broadcast to say for certain that there are none of the 10 second spots during those broadcasts.

I think they tried to sneak one in at some point, but it was prompty cut to the action when it resumed

668605[/snapback]

I can honestly say that I have never seen a commercial during a US broadcast of OT during a period. I have seen commercials during intermission, but not while play is on-going. The networks don't typically sell advertising for events that they do not know will happen (which is an oversight on their part IMHO).

I also know that the "red light" (which signifies a 100 second TV timeout) that goes on after the 1st play stoppage during evenstrength play after the 14:00, 10:00, and 6:00 marks does NOT go on at the rinks.