I am getting annoying phone calls 5-10 times a day

is there anyway to trace the number to the owner, what if it is a cell phone number, what is the best reverse phone search out there, and oh yeah by the way, free

664734[/snapback]

is crayonz calling you too? <_<

the numbers are there on caller ID, i have tried google, but one is wireless the other 2 i get no hits from google

It sounds like you're getting spam from a fax machine. Without the number there is little you can do except pay the phone company to add a feature to your phone which won't permit calls through with people enabling their number to be seen.

664764[/snapback]

the numbers are there on caller ID, i have tried google, but one is wireless the other 2 i get no hits from google

664768[/snapback]

you could make a police report, it's the only way the phone company will budge

664768[/snapback]

A great DOS, classic, program - ProComm, has a feature named "Demon Dialing" .

If you have the number, it will happily dial that number, incessantly, hanging up every time it connects if you choose so, and then repeating. Forever... <_<

Another possibility is if you have a free-standing fax machine. Be sure that your own ph# is not transmitted. Then input 10 or so of sheets of paper with some non-sensical text or images on them - a scribbling of a pencil will suffice. The fax machine will reliably ring the number every 10 minutes or so. If it's annunciation tone is answered, you will tie up their connection, and use up their paper and ink. Set up the fax device to resend, too, via the broadcast function, so as to repeat. ;)

A great DOS, classic, program -  ProComm, has a feature named "Demon Dialing" .

If you have the number, it will happily dial that number, incessantly, hanging up every time it connects if you choose so, and then repeating. Forever... ;)

Another possibility is if you have a free-standing fax machine. Be sure that your own ph# is not transmitted. Then input 10 or so of sheets of paper with some non-sensical text or images on them - a scribbling of a pencil will suffice. The fax machine will reliably ring the number every 10 minutes or so. If it's annunciation tone is answered, you will tie up their connection, and use up their paper and ink. Set up the fax device to resend, too, via the broadcast function, so as to repeat. :lol:

664789[/snapback]

hahah you are too evil, sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands AND you've done it before..... many times lol <_<

is there anyway to trace the number to the owner, what if it is a cell phone number, what is the best reverse phone search out there, and oh yeah by the way, free

664734[/snapback]

Have you tried a reverse lookup on anywho.com? I have found many an identity that way. It is usually some company.