Some observations from film clips

BobbyC81

I've recently started receiving, likely because I'm a registered Bills' backer, Daily Bills Buzz e-mails.

Here are some observations:

1) In a Mini-camp film clip where Steve Fairchild was being interviewed, the camera was on the Bills working out in the Field House (i.e. no weather factors).

They were doing a passing drill where the receivers (noticed Evans, Aiken and Parrish) were running sideline patterns. Of about a dozen plays with #7 throwing the ball, just about all of them were off-target. You would expect, an NFL caliber QB, throwing indoors, to have a lot better accuracy than that, wouldn't you?? In fact I don't think it's too high of an expectation that all the passes should've been on target. I'd previously only seen Losman in game action before and was hard-pressed to criticize him too much being that he was playing in the elements and had 300-pounders rushing at him. What I saw in this film clip wasn't very encouraging on his success.

2) In a film clip of a speech by Senator Schumer, Ralph introduces him. Man, does he stammer. In the intro, Ralph says "Schumer came all the way from the East Coast" Geez. If you drew a straight line east from Buffalo to the Atlantic Coast, what is it about, 200 miles?? I know what he was trying to say, about Schumer coming in from DC, but he just continues to sound so awful. Someone needs to convince him to speak less.

3) In a comment Ralph made at the end of this clip, he talked about the bottom line reports that go out and how the Bills' revenues don't line up with other teams. He states, however, that he can't see himself charging $100 for a sideline tickets so that the bottom line appeases other NFL owners. He believes he can only charge what the comunity can afford. That's somewhat a positive for Bills' fans but this seems like something the other owners can use against him with respect to the "shared revenues" that could eventually force the team out of the area.

4) On a positive note, in the Minicamp video , Fairchild seemed excited about the receiving corps and what he can do with them.

4) Evans was moved to split end. It's geenrally been though tthat Moulds needed to be replaced. In essence, Evans replaces Moulds so somebody else has to fill the other role that Evans had.

5) In another clip, Jauron says "the first things the players had to learn at the start of this minicamp was "How to practice" " What doe s that say about the previous coaching staff. There were no rookies here.

6) The passing offense is a "timing offense". To me, this seems to be a positive for the more accurate Holcomb, and an additional obstacle for the erratic Losman.

You know it's April when someone calls our quarterback erratic because some images in the background of an online video (shot from a camera not focused on him) show him unable to hit his targets in an indoor environment.

664794[/snapback]

. . . or no mention of what the intent of the drill was. Was it a passing drill or a receiving drill. WR's practice adjusting to the ball on tough throws where there ball is thrown intentionally "bad." Without any context, your scouting report based upon background video shot during an interview is worthless. (Actually it was not worthless because it made me laugh a bit).

People that are actually on the East Coast think Buffalo is the start of the mid west.  Its really said and amazing what people think.

664785[/snapback]

buffalo *is* the beginning of the midwest. it's not an east coast city, more or less. it's economy, history, and ethnic/demographic profile are a lot closer to chicago/detroit/milwaukee/cleveland/pittsburgh than east coast cities like philly, boston, ny, and dc. it's also more closely tied into the old great lakes industrial economy than it is into east coast networks.

I was watching that clip as well. The three QB's were rotating in and out . I watched for when JP was throwing. Actually most of his were on target.

664866[/snapback]

Awww, c'mon. I already pegged him as a bust! Now you tell me he was doing good? Geez, will somebody please tell me what to think??? <_<

PTR

You know it's April when someone calls our quarterback erratic because some images in the background of an online video (shot from a camera not focused on him) show him unable to hit his targets in an indoor environment.

664794[/snapback]

Two Words

Thank You!

it is way too early to be jumping at Losman or any other player at that based on what we see on film. maybe the recievers were running the patterns wrong and he was right. lets just wait until at least a month from now to start thinking about online footage.

. . . or no mention of what the intent of the drill was. Was it a passing drill or a receiving drill. WR's practice adjusting to the ball on tough throws where there ball is thrown intentionally "bad." Without any context, your scouting report based upon background video shot during an interview is worthless. (Actually it was not worthless because it made me laugh a bit).

664807[/snapback]

What he said.

If you all are talking about that one where it's a weird perspective and the WR's are running outs down and away from the camera, then yes, those drills were designed to give the WR a difficult high throw to the outside where he would have to "cut and catch" and show some concentration and athleticism.

If you all are talking about that one where it's a weird perspective and the WR's are running outs down and away from the camera, then yes, those drills were designed to give the WR a difficult high throw to the outside where he would have to "cut and catch" and show some concentration and athleticism.

665024[/snapback]

Well then, of about a dozen plays with #7 throwing the ball, a couple of them were on-target. You would expect, an NFL caliber QB, throwing indoors, to be able to throw off-target with better consistency?? In fact I don't think it's too high of an expectation that all the passes should've been off target. I'd previously only seen Losman in game action before and was hard-pressed to criticize him too much being that he was playing in the elements and had 300-pounders rushing at him. What I saw in this film clip wasn't very encouraging on his success.

:ph34r:

I think they try to get them to throw a "difficult, but catchable" pass. Every WR running the drills makes their break into the out a little differently as you can see, so a lot of what one picks up in practice is getting a feel for each WR. It's probably unrealistic to expect anyone to hit them all at this early stage. Of course it's propbably silly that were even talking about this :ph34r: