Price's contract numbers

Bills | Contract update: P. Price

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:44:09 -0700

Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with base salaries of $800,000 (2006), $1.6 million (2007), $2 million (2008) and $2.8 million (2009).

659203[/snapback]

That's pretty good money for running in a straight line and turning your head once. :P

The salaries add up to 7.2 million. If the contract is really for 10 mil, this would mean that he got a 2.8 million dollar signing bonus.

Say it aint so.  :P

659212[/snapback]

There are probably roster bonuses in future years that make up the difference. I assume that Clayton is correct on this one, and that PP makes less than 3 million this year, which would put his signing bonus at 2 million.

The salaries add up to 7.2 million. If the contract is really for 10 mil, this would mean that he got a 2.8 million dollar signing bonus.

Say it aint so.  :P

659212[/snapback]

Agents always round up.. $9.2mil magically becomes $10mill.. :P

Well if he sh-its the bed after this year...then...who cares...we spend 800k for this bum, throw in his signing bonus over 4 years and it doesn't hurt us one bit....I will hold my reservation about this pickup until AFTER he actually plays.

I don't get this deal. I hope Parrish beats him out. Peerless is soft, and always has been.

659264[/snapback]

he may be soft, but if hes used correctly he can be a big weapon. speed is speed. and with evans on the field at the same time, they can cause some problems.

That's pretty good money for running in a straight line and turning your head once. :P

659218[/snapback]

Alot of these guys are getting good money to do stuff like that

Think about what they pay linemen. They get some big salary's to eat, workout, and stand there and try to block someone from getting by you.

he may be soft, but if hes used correctly he can be a big weapon. speed is speed. and with evans on the field at the same time, they can cause some problems.

659275[/snapback]

By soft I assume you are referring to the injuries he had with AT (whether he has in fact recovered from these dings to be a reasonable #2 is what it is all about here. I assume by soft you do not mean a lack of effort because he showed no sign of that as a Bill when he was here.

Price improved on his catches, yardage and TDs each year he was here. His main statistical problem was that he had a few too many fumbles, but even those tended to occur when he made a second or third effort and got set-up with a dedender hanging on his ankle and then coughed it up when he got hit by a second defender. If anything, he should be faulted for not folding up and falling with the first hit and the complaint should be he tried to be too tough and not soft when he was here.

I certainly see him as being a replacement equal to Moulds declining capabilities at all. However, he is not paid to be as good as Moulds so the cap hit is far from unreasonable.

Whether he can in fact become the #2 we need, he is not the possession receiver which would match Evans speed well, however, the Bills docs and not us fans really have the most credible call on whether he will come back or not.

From what I've read about the situation in Atlanta, Michael Vick (I prefer Ron Mexico) and his ability to run a pro offense is not to be questioned. So apparently, rather than looking at the entire offense (including the QB), the coaching staff chose to put the blame entirely on the wideouts. Peerless has always had an attitude, so he reacted in somewhat of a punk fashion. That guaranteed him a trip out. I don't think Peerless is a number one receiver, but as a number two with speed, he can cause some damage. Let's hope marv can get his head back on straight.

If it works out, there will be two very fast wideouts on the corners, which would draw saftey help and leave the middle open. That's a big "if" since a QB capable of getting the ball to them is necessary.

A couple of things I am thinking:

- Peerless played well when there was something in it for him to.....his contract year was his best year. By putting in performance incentives that might keep him at a higher level......

- We are not asking him to be our number one guy and there is going to be stiff competition for the number 2.

- Our unit....as a whole....doesn't look that bad. We might not have the best WR's in the league....but unlike other teams that have a number 1 and then a huge drop off in talent I dont think we have that problem......

- I would also like to remind everyone that he may have been a spoiled brat when he left (and a talented one at that) but going through ups and downs as he has done has a way of humbling and creating a little character. I will wait and see on that one.

- Playing WR with Michael Vick does NOTHING to improve you as a wideout.

Bills | Contract update: P. Price

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:44:09 -0700

Buffalo Bills WR Peerless Price signed a four-year contract with base salaries of $800,000 (2006), $1.6 million (2007), $2 million (2008) and $2.8 million (2009).

659203[/snapback]

So it is essentially a one-year contract with incentives which make it 4 years for 10 mil. Not bad. I bet most of those bonuses are roster bonuses and playing time bonuses.

The deal is structured this way: If Peerless plays well, he's worth every penny. If he doesn't, Buffalo cuts him and loses very little.