What if the Bills didnt trade to get JP?

Just thinking out loud here how things could have been different had the Bills not traded their 1st round pick in 05 to get Losman at # 22 in 04.

It makes you wonder what would have been different. We all know JP was hurt most of his 1st season and last yr he started and struggled for the most part. Who did we miss out on last year that could have contributed by not having a 1st round pick. Then TD proceeds to draft Parrish, a small but speedy wideout who can only play the slot and that position is occupied by Reed.

Here we sit at #8 and one of the top three qbs will be sitting there. All of them will have the chance to start for the team that drafts them. JP is pretty much a rookie this yr too. We know very little about his abilities and he may not be our starter if the jouneyman Holcomb or the GBAY reject Nall beets him out.

I have to think things could have been different and maybe better had we kept our 1st pick last season and not sent that away for JP the year before. I also question the Parrish pick because from what we are being told he will be fighting it out with Reed (the 4th overall pick in round 2 in 2002) for the slot position so who will be the number 2 guy opposite Evans?

Hopefully this years draft with Levy running things or atleast having a say in things we will draft need positions like o-line and d-line.

Just thinking out loud here how things could have been different had the Bills not traded their 1st round pick in 05 to get Losman at # 22 in 04.

It makes you wonder what would have been different. We all know JP was hurt most of his 1st season and last yr he started and struggled for the most part. Who did we miss out on last year that could have contributed by not having a 1st round pick. Then TD proceeds to draft Parrish, a small but speedy wideout who can only play the slot and that position is occupied by Reed.

Here we sit at #8 and one of the top three qbs will be sitting there. All of them will have the chance to start for the team that drafts them. JP is pretty much a rookie this yr too. We know very little about his abilities and he may not be our starter if the jouneyman Holcomb or the GBAY reject Nall beets him out.

I have to think things could have been different and maybe better had we kept our 1st pick last season and not sent that away for JP the year before. I also question the Parrish pick because from what we are being told he will be fighting it out with Reed (the 4th overall pick in round 2 in 2002) for the slot position so who will be the number 2 guy opposite Evans?

Hopefully this years draft with Levy running things or atleast having a say in things we will draft need positions like o-line and d-line.

655737[/snapback]

Woulda. coulda, shoulda.

If things had been done differently, guaranteed they would be different.

One could certainly explore how things MIGHT have been different, but with so many future decisions to make its seems far more reasonable to spend time on hypotheticals about the future which may or may not be shown to have been accurate rather than invest in hypotheticals about what could have been that will not happen at all.

There may be some utility to exploring what might have been done differently in the past as part of trying to assess blame (though even this hypothetical exercise is fairly meaningless unless one identifies past failures as part of learning lessons so we do not screw up the same way in the future.

Hpwever, any hypothetical exploration of TDs mistakes should probably look at base problems like him making a fatal initial mistake in choosing to hire the not ready for primetime GW as HC rather than hiring Fox or sucking up to an convincing Marvin Lewis to come here as HC.

Based on their records of achievement and GW's record of failure either of these two options would have been far better choices than GW and the whole sorry episodes of resigning and then cutting Bledsoe in favor of JP wouldn't have needed to be done the way they were.

655737[/snapback]

I wonder what the Bills would have been like if they had hired a competent GM instead of TD. That man was a one-man wrecking ball.

What if I didn't actually light my fart the other day?

It was my epiphony.

It's not soup...by no means...but now I understand.

I'm going to go start a small pork roast, now.

655845[/snapback]

what makes you fart ?? when you do fart and you are sitting in chair , do you turn around to smell the chair ??? you know , you may be a redneck .

what makes you fart ?? when you do fart and you are sitting in chair  , do you turn around to smell the chair ??? you know , you may be a redneck .

655879[/snapback]

Only if no one is looking. Well, no - sometimes I want them to look so they know who is going to blame them for it. Pick the best looking girl in the place, because everyone knows good looking women never fart.

And, if they have a real personality you can laugh about it with your new friend.

If they didnt draft JP...

We would have taken a player in ronud #2. Its nice to think that player could have been Bob Sanders or someone else good. But it could have also been a bust.

Here are the 10 players selected after buffalos 2nd round pick

11-43 Dallas (from Buffalo) - Julius Jones, RB Notre Dame

12-44 Indianapolis (from Pittsburgh) - Bob Sanders, S Iowa

13-45 Oakland (from TB) - Jake Grove, C Virginia Tech

14-46 San Francisco - Justin Smiley, G Alabama

15-47 Chicago - Terry Johnson, DT Washington

16-48 Minnesota (from New Orleans) - Dontarrious Thomas, LB Auburn

17-49 Cincinnati - Keiwan Ratliff, CB Florida

18-50 New Orleans (from Minnesota) - Devery Henderson, WR LSU

19-51 Baltimore - Dwan Edwards, DT Oregon State

20-52 Dallas - Jacob Rogers, OT USC

So, we could have had one of them....

Then last year, we would have taken Aaron Rogers.

So.... JP Losman or Aaron Rogers and one of the above players...

We didnt get ripped off too badly here. And I STILL think JP has a good chance of being a star. Much better than rogers anyway.

We would have taken a player in ronud #2.  Its nice to think that player could have been Bob Sanders or someone else good.  But it could have also been a bust.

We didnt get ripped off too badly here.  And I STILL think JP has a good chance of being a star.  Much better than rogers anyway.

655905[/snapback]

Or if we didnt take JP we could've taken a linemen in rd 2 and Matt Schaub in rd 3, but like they say if what ifs and but's were beer and nuts. I wasn't a supporter of JP then or now but I'm still willing to be convinced otherwise. We'll see.

655737[/snapback]

Dallas took Marcus Spears, DE, LSU with our pick, and he was a situational guy this year, although he played in every game. After that were two WR's, followed by Fabian Washington, a DB who played situationally for Oakland. The real intriguing part, is that there were also two QB's taken after that - Aaron Rodgers by Green Bay and Jason Campbell by Washington.

Will Losman be any better than either of them?

JDG

However, any hypothetical exploration of TDs mistakes should probably look at base problems like him making a fatal initial mistake in choosing to hire the not ready for primetime GW as HC

Or at the very least, the mistake of hiring the not-ready-for-primetime GW as HC, giving him a dilapidated roster for his first year, undermining his authority in the Larry Centers move, likely meddling with his Asst. Coaching staffs, and then torpedoing his "lame duck/put up or shut up" year by using our 1st Round Pick on a guy with a blow out knee. Or to put it short and sweet - hiring a not-ready-for-primetime guy, not having the patience to let him develop, and then replacing him with one of the most embarassing Head Coach's in Bills history.

rather than hiring Fox or sucking up to an convincing Marvin Lewis to come here as HC.

655766[/snapback]

Don't you mean "rather than hiring Charlie Weis"?

JDG

We would have taken a player in ronud #2.  Its nice to think that player could have been Bob Sanders or someone else good.  But it could have also been a bust.

We didnt get ripped off too badly here.  And I STILL think JP has a good chance of being a star.  Much better than rogers anyway.

655905[/snapback]

That was a painful list to read. I haven't kept track of how Smiley or Grove have adapted to the NFL, but it sure would be nice to have a stronger interior OL. As for the Aaron Rogers/Losman debate, Rogers has apparently beaten out Nall, who in turn looks like he may beat out JP.

Or if the Music City Miracle was called a forward lateral.

655836[/snapback]

This one is even sicker....Because may be if we win this game, RJ does get confidence, WP doesn't get fired next year...and we might have had our QB

for the next 5 years...

This one is even sicker....Because may be if we win this game, RJ does get confidence,  WP doesn't get fired next year...and we might have had our QB

for the next 5 years...

656563[/snapback]

Isn't it interesting, looking back though, that after Gruden gave up on Johnson in Tampa, that was it for his NFL career. Wasn't he like only 31 or 32??